1997 - 2003 F150 1997-2003 F150, 1997-1999 F250LD, 7700 & 2004 F150 Heritage

B1359 Ignition run / accessory circuit failure FIX?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2021, 09:52 AM
Digital_Dad
5th Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
B1359 Ignition run / accessory circuit failure FIX?

2003 Ford F150 2dr XL 4.2L Automatic 2WD LB

B1359 Ignition run / accessory circuit failure

Anyone know why this code is showing up and more importantly how to repair it?

I do not have any noticable issues but would like to fix it before I do.

Old 11-19-2021, 11:50 AM
Stonedpony
More Turbo
Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Digital_Dad
2004 Ford F150 2dr XL 4.2L Automatic 2WD LB
B1359 Ignition run/accessory circuit failure
Does anyone know why this code is showing up and more importantly how to repair it?

I do not have any noticeable issues but would like to fix them before I do.
OBD II fault code B1352 is a manufacturer specific code that is defined by carmakers Ford and Jaguar as “Ignition key-in – circuit failure”, and is set when the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) detects a malfunction or general failure in circuits that are active when the ignition is switched off, but while the key is still in the ignition. Note that the most commonly affected circuits are those that feed power to the door chimes through the ignition switch.

While having door chimes that alert a driver that the key is still in the ignition while the doors (or any single door) are/is open is a good idea in principle, the actual chimes, and their control circuits are notoriously unreliable and prone to failure, and especially so on Ford applications.

The Ignition Switch RUN/ACC circuit provides voltage through the circuits to the Smart Junction Box (SJB) when the key is in the RUN/ACC position. The OBDII sets when the Ignition Switch signal is not factory specifications.

B1359 FORD code possible causes

• Faulty Ignition Switch
  • Ignition Switch harness is open or shorted
  • Ignition Switch circuit poor electrical connection
  • Faulty Smart Junction Box (SJB)
Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector pins.Some common causes of code B1352 could include the following-
  • Damaged, burnt, shorted, disconnected, or corroded wiring and/or connectors in circuits that are active when the key is in the ignition, but with the ignition switched “OFF”
  • Defective door chime
  • One or more defective “door-open” switches
  • Defective ignition switch
  • Modifications to disable the door chime
  • Defective PCM or BCM (Body Control Module). Note that control module failure is exceedingly rare as a cause of this code and the fault must therefore be sought elsewhere before any control module is replaced
Most of the time the door chime is located behind the dashboard, close to the steering column on a Ford.

Old 11-19-2021, 01:11 PM
Digital_Dad
5th Wheeling
Originally Posted by Stonedpony
OBD II fault code B1352

Some common causes of code B1352 could include the following

Seems like this information is for a different code.

Old 11-19-2021, 03:08 PM
projectSHO89
Hotshot
Received 876 Likes on 728 Posts
Probably just a typo on whatever webpage he copied and pasted that from.

Is this an 04 Heritage (left over '03) or the NBS '04?

Old 11-19-2021, 04:14 PM
Digital_Dad
5th Wheeling
Originally Posted by projectSHO89
Probably just a typo on whatever webpage he copied and pasted that from.
Make sense

Is this an 04 Heritage (left over '03) or the NBS '04?
It's the old body style 2003

Old 11-19-2021, 04:21 PM
projectSHO89
Hotshot
Received 876 Likes on 728 Posts
Okay. The B1259 code is generated in the GEM when there is difference between the RUN and the RUN/ACCY circuits feeding into the GEM, presumably when the RUN/ACCY feed is absent while the RUN circuit alone is powered.

So, if there are no concerns with items that normally powered in the ACCY position, my instinct would be to call it a glitch, perhaps due to a momentary open or otherwise "bad" connection in the ACCY power circuit from the ignition switch through the fusebox and into the GEM module.

If everything works normally, I wouldn't be inclined to lose any sleep over it until such a time as other symptoms manifest.

Old 11-21-2021, 09:26 AM
formerjeepguy
Mountain Pass
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by projectSHO89
Okay. The B1259 code is generated in the GEM when there is difference between the RUN and the RUN/ACCY circuits feeding into the GEM, presumably when the RUN/ACCY feed is absent while the RUN circuit alone is powered.

So, if there are no concerns with items that normally powered in the ACCY position, my instinct would be to call it a glitch, perhaps due to a momentary open or otherwise "bad" connection in the ACCY power circuit from the ignition switch through the fusebox and into the GEM module.

If everything works normally, I wouldn't be inclined to lose any sleep over it until such a time as other symptoms manifest.
I have had this code since I got the truck a few years ago. I went as far as replacing the ignition switch and the code is still there. Everything works normally so I am just ignoring it.