2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

The Heat Is On...

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2021, 01:40 PM
Ltngdrvr
Lead Driver
Received 3,421 Likes on 1,808 Posts
The Heat Is On...

SiriusXM is on with the big push.
First, a couple of weeks ago, got a solicitation for 3 extra "FREE" months, just a $2 service charge, and then if I don't cancel it they would start charging my card the regular monthly charge of $21.99 a month, plus fees and taxes.
No way in hell is siriusxm worth $22 + tax to me, so they can stick that.

Today I get another solicitation from them, same 3 free month deal, but then it also has an offer for a year of their "most popular package" for $5.99 a month for a year, plus taxes and fees. Now, this package has a regular monthly charge of $16.99, but it doesn't say what the difference is between it and the $21.99 monthly package.

Also, I think they have called me a few times, but my phone rejected the calls as spam.

What has anyone else gotten out of siriusxm? Anything better than what they are offering already?

I might buy in at $5.99 a month, but I can pretty much duplicate what they are offering for free on my phone.

Old 10-21-2021, 01:55 PM
Desert Moto
Mountain Pass
Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
I took the added 3 months for $2. Just before your subscription starts the regular price, call Sirius to negotiate a 1 year deal, I negotiated a $99 year premium package. The premium package allows phone app streaming and usually sports and such accessibility. You can also call Sirius and ask for the Customer Retention Dept for better deals, the best one I have got was $60 for their premium package for 12 months. I don't like the idea of paying for OTA radio, but if it's reasonable, the convenience is nice. Since they took away our CD player and I don't have a lot of MP3's to play with. Also,we get 5 years of Sirius Travel package included with the truck.

Old 10-21-2021, 01:58 PM
The John
Senior User
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
I will never give them my info again, I had it on my Taurus and they hounded me like an used car salesman. I ended up getting a settlement from them as they kept calling after I told them not to.

The following users liked this post:
Old 10-21-2021, 02:02 PM
RubenZ
More Turbo
Received 243 Likes on 164 Posts
I hate their practices. Luckily just recently they allow you to cancel online via chat. I will admit though, if you keep pushing it you can get a good deal. Last time I got a full year for like 25 bucks. At that point I was fine with it. But yes they do freaking call you over and over. Mine just expired 10/17. They've been calling me every day and I ignore it.

Old 10-21-2021, 02:08 PM
BigJWalt1173
Cross-Country
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
If you really want SiriusXM, tell them you will only pay $6/month, they will get you in that price range. I have done this for years and my current bill is 6.91 a month. Right before the contract expires and the rate goes up to $15+ a month, I call them and cancel.....and start the cycle over. Just make sure to put a reminder on your calendar a week before the contract ends.

Old 10-21-2021, 02:14 PM
4wd6.7L
Lead Driver
Received 2,114 Likes on 1,592 Posts
Prior to the XM trial subscription running out on mine they offered a cheap discounted rate for a certain number of months. I took them up on it knowing I would cancel entirely just before the promo rate ending. After canceling I later realized my XM Travel Link had stopped working. At that time there should have been at least 4 years left on the Travel Link trial. Apparently when I called to cancel the audio subscription they canceled all services, including Travel Link. It was a huge pain in the rear to get it back. Numerous waste of time phone calls, with several different reps before they finally were able to give the Travel Link service back.

Old 10-21-2021, 02:27 PM
gsxr1216
Mountain Pass
Received 83 Likes on 48 Posts
I've always gotten the $5 or $6 a month from them for the past 4-5 years. Usually takes about 20 minutes on the phone once a year to cancel it when it goes full price, then play the game where they cant do that so you tell them to cancel, they transfer you to someone else who tries to upsell again, tell them again cancel, then magically they "find" an offer for $6 a month for the next year.

If i had a large data plan on my phone i wouldn't bother with XM, but form me its cheaper to pay them than pay verizon lots of money for enough data to stream music 8+ hours a day. i use XM daily for music on my work computer (they block sites like pandora, ETC, but not XM) i use it for garage music also on my computer out there at home so i more than get my $6 a month worth of use from it, hell percentage wise i probably only use it 5% of the time from the truck, all the rest is from whatever computer I'm working from.

Old 10-21-2021, 02:39 PM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,759 Likes on 1,686 Posts
Pandora for free. Mix up staitions and type of music I want. SiriusXM can kiss my backside.

The following 3 users liked this post by Desert Don:
Old 10-21-2021, 03:33 PM
shawnee1
Fleet Mechanic
Received 441 Likes on 266 Posts
I agree SiriusXM seems to be making a big push. In my case it was for my 4.5 year old van.

I dropped SiriusXM right after my trial subscription ended. I received a 90 day special offer and took it because it coincided with a long road trip. Cancelling it just before the end of the 90 day was a pain as they kept offering different deals. They did not want to take "no" for an answer.

I haven't used SiriusXM since then. Then I received a free 90 trail offer in the mail. It was in response to me having taken the van for service at my local independent garage I've used for years. The garage must get some kind of finders fee but don't know why that is necessary as SiriusXM has my address. The garage's name was on the offer letter. The offer did not require a credit card and the service would expire on its own at 90 days. Reactivation was super easy. The trial was for the full top tier package including streaming to other devices.

I received another letter after month 1 with an offer to extend the "free" offer another 90 days. This required a $2 service charge and a credit card number. I reviewed the details carefully.
The way I understood it, after the 90 days, I would be charged for the basic service monthly at the current rate and the extra cost for the premium service would be free for an additional 90 days. After that it would go to the standard monthly rate. Great deal huh? Pretty sneaking wording in the letter.

Old 10-21-2021, 03:39 PM
HorizontalHunter
Tuned
Received 254 Likes on 167 Posts
I switched to a thumb drive loaded with my music years ago and never looked back.

Bob

Old 10-21-2021, 03:42 PM
Grass Lake Ron
Cargo Master
Received 1,005 Likes on 603 Posts
Radiotunes app. It's free, 90 channels. Bluetooth it in.

Old 10-21-2021, 04:08 PM
hondomurph
Mountain Pass
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Hi , I didn't realy like the choices on Sirius so we let it expire after our free service ended . They seemed to play the same songs over and over . Me and my wife now use Spotify Duo for $12.99 . You can play pretty much anything you feel like and you can download songs onto your phone if you want . Just got through listening to let's go Brandon . Hope you find something you like that you can afford . 👍

Old 10-21-2021, 04:08 PM
Pugga
Fleet Mechanic
Received 442 Likes on 297 Posts
I told Sirius to screw. When I bought my truck, it was supposed to come with I think a 3 month trial. It never worked. Every time they called and tried to sell me the extension, I kept telling them it doesn't work and no one would bother to help get it fixed. Finally, about a week before the trial was up, someone was able to get the service to work. It was neat, messed around with it for a week but nothing I'd ever pay for unless I traveled cross country. I generally use my Ipad for music anyways so nothing really gained with Sirius in my eyes.

Old 10-21-2021, 04:53 PM
406f150
Laughing Gas
Received 314 Likes on 205 Posts
My year of $6/month is coming to an end. Only thing I really like about it anymore is I can get it in rural locations where there is no cell service. Still have my trusty iPod to get me through those sections though. Going to cancel unless they want to keep me on the $6 deal.

Old 10-21-2021, 08:43 PM
mtnguy
More Turbo
Received 144 Likes on 90 Posts
Originally Posted by BigJWalt1173
If you really want SiriusXM, tell them you will only pay $6/month, they will get you in that price range. I have done this for years and my current bill is 6.91 a month. Right before the contract expires and the rate goes up to $15+ a month, I call them and cancel.....and start the cycle over. Just make sure to put a reminder on your calendar a week before the contract ends.
I do this also. Mine is now $5 per month on my car for a total of $6.36 per month with taxes.

I let my truck subscription expire. But…..I now have a Sirius app on my phone and can play the music on my truck via Bluetooth.

Quick Reply: The Heat Is On...