Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Radio/Touch Screen help 2016 Lariat

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2021, 06:47 PM
smu96
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radio/Touch Screen help 2016 Lariat

Two days ago I turned my truck off normally and opened the door. The radio did not turn off. I am so used to the radio turning off when I open the door, that it definitely got my attention. I pushed the radio power/volume ****, but the radio stayed on. I then got out, shut the door, and locked the doors. I opened the door, and the radio was off. I stepped on the brake and started the truck with the push button. The touch screen was blank, and the radio did not come on. I shut the truck down and restarted a couple of times, but the screen remained blank and radio off. After doing some google searching I: pushed the radio power button and right seek button together for a reset with no success, checked all the fuses related to the radio and Sync and all are good, disconnected the battery for 10 minutes with no success. I have since driven the truck several times, and the screen remains blank and the radio off. Has anyone experienced this issue? Bad APIM? What else should I try? Thanks!

Old 08-12-2021, 08:15 PM
GABAR
Lead Driver
Received 241 Likes on 186 Posts
Your APIM is on it’s last leg and it has to be replaced.

Sometimes, a soft reboot or Master Reset will temporarily mask the problem but the issues you’re having and more will soon reappear.

The following users liked this post: