2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Market Adjustments

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2021, 09:55 PM
cpro24
Tuned
Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by 250Plat
I agree market adjustment is here. We have hit the pinnacle, and now on the start of the downward line of this ride. Week by week it's going the right way.

With others, by Oct 1, whole new landscape and incentives and PCOs will be rolling.

I am shopping now to order a 2022, and found many dealers going to xplan no problem, and starting at MSRP.

So now it's onto searching for the old way, of invoice, minus holdback, and wait for those incentives/rebates and PCOs...
Good luck with that philosophy i hope it works out for you... Dont see it happening anytime soon though i dont mind being wrong on this one...

Old 07-28-2021, 09:59 PM
cpro24
Tuned
Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 71stang99
When I initially placed my order the dealers in the local area would not take X plan pricing.
I called around and found a dealer 250 miles away who agreed to the X plan pricing and put it in writing via email for whatever that is worth. Called up the first dealer about 10 days after placing the original order to cancel. He was fine with it then commented that they now take the X plan price. Whatever. At that point I was done with them. I hope the new dealer does not play any games when the truck comes in.....
You should be able to sign your order form at x plan pricing now so when truck comes u dont have to worry about it... Well thats what my dealer has done anyways

Old 07-28-2021, 11:22 PM
Joe T
Lead Driver
Received 947 Likes on 748 Posts
A good CPA told me once you will spend $3 trying to save $1 on write offs.

You really need to calculate your year and determine it off that. Dont fool yourself.

The following users liked this post:
Old 07-28-2021, 11:32 PM
Y2KW57
Received 3,550 Likes on 1,862 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe T
A good CPA told me once you will spend $3 trying to save $1 on write offs. Dont fool yourself.
This, in one line, summarizes what I was trying to wrap my mind around in the novel written earlier above.

I'd rather pay the $1 in tax to support our troops, than pay the $3 on high cost items and their associated market adjusted mark ups that I don't actually need just to have a write off to avoid paying the tax.

Old 07-30-2021, 12:37 AM
SMarquez
Tuned
Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts
Citrus Ford in Ontario, CA is marking up $5000. All trim packages. I'll wait. My F250 is a 2000 V10 so it's not like I'm in a hurry.

Old 07-30-2021, 09:28 AM
Y2KW57
Originally Posted by SMarquez
Citrus Ford in Ontario, CA is marking up $5000. All trim packages. I'll wait. My F250 is a 2000 V10 so it's not like I'm in a hurry.
Have you tried Sunrise Ford down the street (I-10) in Fontana?

The fleet director, Bobby Williams, has been Ford truck forum friendly in years past. He sponsored a couple of PSD forums, and was one of the founding members of SOCAPS (Southern California Power Strokes).

He's been at Sunrise for 20 years now. You might see what kind of "market adjustment" he has, if any.

Old 07-30-2021, 02:19 PM
slurugger
Mountain Pass
Received 61 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Tsubakihara
That is absurd marking up an XL. Some people prefer an XL, but I think most purchase are because their concerned about budget. Trying to gouge that end of the market is even worse in my opinion. It may cost someone a vehicle they really need. I spoke with the largest Chevy dealer in the U.S., Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine, TX. Family owned store and the owner laid down the law. Nothing over MSRP and no exceptions. Afraid it would hurt their reputation and knows these conditions won't last. It's like making bank on disaster relief. I'll remember the dealerships that acted with integrity.
Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered...are these same folks going to be crying when the market down turns and ask for some type of bailout? Having said that, I believe in the free market so they can ask whatever they want. As the consumer, we hold the power to set what the market will pay. Never forget that the dealer and his sales office came to work with one main goal - sell vehicles.

Also, let history be our guide...checkout lumber prices, once the panic wears off this too shall pass....

Old 07-30-2021, 02:42 PM
rsmith2786
Senior User
Received 136 Likes on 74 Posts
I just signed all the final paperwork on my truck today. No unexpected markups though there was a $250 error (base price increase after I had ordered) and a $1000 error (missing initial cash deposit) that needed to be corrected. Funny how that always happens. I come in with a spreadsheet and know what the number should be down to the penny, so the games...if that's what they are, are pointless.

He said they're still taking retail orders without any markups but anything on the lot is $5k over MSRP. Considering the current situation I think that's fair. If you want to cheaper price just place an order and wait. It sounds like he's actually encouraging most folks to do that.

Hopefully the truck is ready Monday and I can just drop off a check and drive away. Getting close and I'm pretty ecited!

Old 07-30-2021, 03:14 PM
DaltJo2000
Mountain Pass
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by slurugger
Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered...are these same folks going to be crying when the market down turns and ask for some type of bailout? Having said that, I believe in the free market so they can ask whatever they want. As the consumer, we hold the power to set what the market will pay. Never forget that the dealer and his sales office came to work with one main goal - sell vehicles.

Also, let history be our guide...checkout lumber prices, once the panic wears off this too shall pass....
I agree, the whole system is just broken. I'm AMAZED at how many people are paying these kind of prices, and for what seems like more of a garage queen/toy rather then a truck they will be putting to work.

Maybe it's just the way I was raised, but I can hardly justify a brand new $55,000 truck when I can put it to work, let alone a $65,000+ Lariat/Platinum that is simply used for a 8 mile commute to work twice a day... In Florida, where the most off-roading you'll see is the speed bump at the mall. Life is weird.

Old 07-30-2021, 03:44 PM
Y2KW57
Originally Posted by rsmith2786
I just signed all the final paperwork on my truck today. No unexpected markups though there was a $250 error (base price increase after I had ordered) and a $1000 error (missing initial cash deposit) that needed to be corrected. Funny how that always happens. I come in with a spreadsheet and know what the number should be down to the penny, so the games...if that's what they are, are pointless.
@rsmith2786 for the win!

Old 07-30-2021, 03:50 PM
Grass Lake Ron
Cargo Master
Received 1,006 Likes on 603 Posts
Originally Posted by slurugger

Been hoping for ammunition prices to drop for 6 years now.... I was told now since people are used to paying a 500% markup, that will be the new normal price. That was an insider at Federal.

Old 07-30-2021, 03:52 PM
Grass Lake Ron
Cargo Master
Received 1,006 Likes on 603 Posts
Originally Posted by DaltJo2000
I agree, the whole system is just broken. I'm AMAZED at how many people are paying these kind of prices, and for what seems like more of a garage queen/toy rather then a truck they will be putting to work.

Maybe it's just the way I was raised, but I can hardly justify a brand new $55,000 truck when I can put it to work, let alone a $65,000+ Lariat/Platinum that is simply used for a 8 mile commute to work twice a day... In Florida, where the most off-roading you'll see is the speed bump at the mall. Life is weird.
Brother from another mother! I was raised the same way.

Old 07-30-2021, 03:58 PM
frndthdevl
Tuned
Received 110 Likes on 62 Posts
to each his own!

Old 07-30-2021, 04:03 PM
BowtieConvert
Lead Driver
Received 2,651 Likes on 850 Posts
Originally Posted by DaltJo2000

I hear y'all! It's like some people have more money that they know what to do with! A $65k truck. What are they thinking? Little kids probably doing without on top of that. Damn!

Old 07-30-2021, 07:12 PM
Y2KW57
With the end of the moratorium on evictions and foreclosures coming tomorrow (July 31), and with the sunset of mortgage forbearance at the end of last month (June 30), it will be interesting to see how vehicle prices are effected in 120 days, when folks can no longer delay or postpone paying for housing.

Quick Reply: Market Adjustments