North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:Benztechnc

good junkyards

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 07:01 AM
dotcentral
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question good junkyards

I'm thinking it might be easier to buy replacement doors and front fenders for my F100 than bent the dents out of my existing ones. Any good yards with low prices in the Charlotte area? I don't mind driving a couple of hours for a good place.

Old 10-28-2003, 11:17 AM
grapeape
New User
Try contacting Dennis Carpenter Reproductions in Concord. They might be able to give you some good places that carry the older stuff. Also, there is a place just North of Badin Lake / Uwharrie National Forest, on Hwy 49, that carries a bunch of stuff. Place is on the left. I've heard good stories of parts and prices from there.

Dean

Old 10-29-2003, 06:05 AM
jowilker
Fleet Owner

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
Tim, Are you looking for doors for the 70? I can ask the NCFTO members for help for you.

John

Old 10-29-2003, 06:59 AM
dotcentral
Senior User
Yes, I am trying to decide what will be cheaper, fixing the doors I have (rust free, but dented up pretty good, pass. side has a nasty gouge which would need some metal shrinking I think), or getting a decent set of used ones.

I have a sport custom, so it would be nice to get doors with the holes for the trim pre-drilled.

I bought this truck off a friend's 80+ year old Grandmother. She bumped into a few things here and there, denting the front up and knocking off some trim pieces as well.

Old 11-02-2003, 06:44 PM
Kurts74ford
Freshman User
There are plenty of good yards in the Charlotte area and NC. Finding the doors you need that arent all ready dinged up or rusted may be hard, but you can find them. I found a hood for a 67-72 for $100 with little to no rust for a buddy of mine. Contact me off list or contact Jowilker about joining the NC chapter. KURT

Old 11-04-2003, 04:54 PM
ncranchero
Postmaster

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
One of the places on Hwy 49 is Richards Salvage and the other is Binghams Automotive (336-859-5050) but they're real popular and the good stuff gets gone in a hurry. Try Daves Auto Salvage, (704-393-7064) just outside Charlotte off Hwy 16 before the Catawba River. The last time I was there, a couple of weeks ago, I did see at least one 67-72 and not too bad a shape either. Across the river there's Lucia Auto Parts. Good Luck.

Old 11-04-2003, 05:28 PM
dotcentral
Senior User
Smile

Thanks ncranchero. I'm busy until probably next weekend, but I'll try and check them out then.

Old 11-18-2003, 11:19 PM
snowcrash47
Freshman User
Originally posted by ncranchero
One of the places on Hwy 49 is Richards Salvage and the other is Binghams Automotive (336-859-5050) but they're real popular and the good stuff gets gone in a hurry. Try Daves Auto Salvage, (704-393-7064) just outside Charlotte off Hwy 16 before the Catawba River. The last time I was there, a couple of weeks ago, I did see at least one 67-72 and not too bad a shape either. Across the river there's Lucia Auto Parts. Good Luck.
hey ncranchero,

nothing like good ole' lucia. what part of denver you from. i've live in coulwood across the lake, but have grown up there you could say. ever heard of rhonda's school of dance, my aunt, her husband and uncle, mike martin runs mchansa trucking. ever heard of tony jones that runs the exxon on 16 around 73, my other uncle. well, you're bound to know somebody in my family being from denver. might even know me.

hey dotcentral, don't forget to look at ken ***'s junkyard on june dellinger/old lowsville road. all he has a bunch of older cars and trucks!! we have a farm right around this area.

charlie

Old 11-20-2003, 05:58 AM
ncranchero
Postmaster

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey Charlie,
Actually I'm FROM Charlotte, Freedom Dr area, been in Triangle for about 11 yrs. Nice to see a neighbor here.
Steve

Old 11-21-2003, 01:32 PM
dotcentral
Senior User
John

I sent you an email about NCFTO a few weeks back. Did you get it? Just wondering if you've been busy or if I need to try again. I seem to have problems emailing from this site.

Tim

Old 11-22-2003, 08:41 AM
jowilker
Fleet Owner

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
Tim, I'm sorry, We are trying to get the new website up, and hopefully all of the bugs will be worked out and it go up on Dec 01. I will be purging the old member list, and requiring all (members) to (re)register to be able to bring it in line. I have not ignored you but wanted to get it right first, and like most things, hi-cups along the way have slowed the progress. My lack of programing knowlege hasn't helped either.

Please post here again on the first and I will add the address. I do suffer from CRS and that slows me down.

John

Old 01-06-2004, 09:33 PM
ranger1972
I am in the same boat, The rest of my body is pretty good but the doors ar bashed in on the bottoms, they look like someone kept opening them with force on a rock, the bottoms are rusting out so i figured i would try to find some other ones.

Old 01-06-2004, 10:25 PM
Kurts74ford
Freshman User
Ranger1972, I know of a guy who has one for the drivers side. He has a front drivers side fender also. Both are in great shape. No rusted holes, slight, very slight surface rust. I am going to tell him about you.
also you should contact Jowilker about joining NCFTO. It is a great group of Ford men. We have a large bunch of us here in the charlotte area. We tend to take care of each other also. KURT

Old 01-22-2004, 11:57 PM
tattoofool
New User
Jowilker I was wondering how to join the NCFTO and exactly what it is? Also where to find a good tailgate for a 1971 longbed custom

Old 04-29-2004, 11:26 PM
jbmolly
New User
Hey man check with a guy up towards Denver I found a complete 67 truck that someone put oil in the transmission for 500.00 he has a bunch of long bed trucks and
1 or 2 shortbed's i know he has a red one that some one got the bed off of for like 200.00 shoot me an e mail and i'll give you directions

Sorry i got about 12 more post or 12 more days before I can send you guys e-mails but i bet i can put you guys on 3 or 4 sets of doors real quick. so you guys e-mail me at jbmolly@bellsouth.net and i will go look tomorrow if you like.
It's my day off and the wife is working so i have got all day to play around and look for truck stuff.

Last edited by jbmolly; 04-29-2004 at 11:30 PM.

Quick Reply: good junkyards