2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Toyota Should Be Ashamed.........

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 08:01 PM
TomThrall
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Cobra, first let me show you around. If you read next to my name you will notice I am a "Senior User" which means I did not just accidentally stumble into this site and then stop in here while browsing the web,, so I will probably "hang around this site" for awhile longer since I still own a couple more Fords.

I don't have to explain anything to you, but since you are new, let me explain: I read this particular thread involving Toyotas and since I had just bought one,, I felt that I had every right to post my thoughts and opinions. I did so without tossing insults. I was met with an insult and abuse from a fellow user, who you are defending (for reasons I don's understand)

You and your fellow flamers always feel that they can toss insults and dominate a forum, then when someone such as myself demands accountability of such behavior you say something predicable like "If an occasional flame bothers you, you may want to look for a Toyota site".

So in closing,,, let me tell you I hope YOU hang around this site, and if you do, don't sit on your throne and try to show other users the door.. It makes you look bad.

Old 11-08-2003, 08:42 PM
Carlene
Admom
Received 188 Likes on 116 Posts
These "Flamer" comments need to stop NOW otherwise this thread will be closed.

Old 11-08-2003, 10:02 PM
bigbluebronco43
Elder User
Tomthrall, congrats on your purchase, no matter what is in front of these guys, they won't budge. They buy Ford and only Ford and that is the best for them, not everyone else.

Something to think about-Consumer Reports only gets figures from Consumers who report there problems, so yes from what has been reported there have been problems, a lot goes "unreported". How many times have you gotten something fixed by a mechanic other than a dealership? Then did you go online or mail Consumer Reports about your problems for their yearly report?

Get over Pearl Harbor-All of the Japanese Market has factories based in the U.S. and their cars are built here now. Most of the U.S. manufacturers have their plants in Mexico now, so they are technically not american made. Not enough? Check out Mazda and how Ford and Mazda have basically been combined since the late 80's i.e. Probe/mx6, Fords 5speed Truck Trannies, Ranger/B2000(etc.), and the New Mazda6 (using the Ford taurus engine with different heads) and the upcoming Mazda3 built off the Focus platform.

buy the truck you want and stop coming down on other people for their choice.

Old 11-08-2003, 10:30 PM
NascarNut
Senior User
Originally posted by bigbluebronco43
Most of the U.S. manufacturers have their plants in Mexico now, so they are technically not american made. Not enough? Check out Mazda and how Ford and Mazda have basically been combined since the late 80's i.e. Probe/mx6, Fords 5speed Truck Trannies, Ranger/B2000(etc.), and the New Mazda6 (using the Ford taurus engine with different heads) and the upcoming Mazda3 built off the Focus platform.
Platform sharing-GM LOVES that.

Old 11-11-2003, 06:59 PM
TomThrall
Senior User
I was afraid this thread was going to die a slow calm death,, until I read this

Toyota outsells Ford worldwide
Toyota (TM) outsold Ford Motor (F) worldwide in the last six months for the first time, and import automakers likely will grab a record of more than 25% of U.S. truck sales this year, both signs of the continuing challenge domestic automakers face from abroad.