Wyoming Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: coolbeans

Welcome To Wyoming's Official July 2020 BS Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2020, 09:45 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 7,149 Likes on 2,856 Posts
I camped at Medicine Lodge Lake Campground a few years back. It's a number of miles east of US-14, up the road from Shell, WY. I was there in June and had the place to myself. The fishing was awesome. The 25 mile dirt road off of US-14 was not awesome. I tent camped, so I had only the ATV trailer to contend with. That was bad enough. I would do it again in a heartbeat, even with the toy hauler.

Old 07-10-2020, 11:08 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,189 Likes on 1,661 Posts
Howdy Wyoming Cowboys and Patriots.......

The rain here has stopped..... Will be working on the landscaping and yard today.

Old 07-10-2020, 01:39 PM
coolbeans
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
Good Afternoon Wyoming, Rod, Jim, Roy, and all... Happy Friday! Sunny day again.. working with my firewood, trying to get it all done BEFORE snow hits, for once.. LOL!

Old 07-10-2020, 01:40 PM
coolbeans
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by 5_labsownus
Happy Hump Day Wyoming, Lanny and nice looking truck, Tyler, Jim, Roy and crew.

Hot one here already!

Have a good time on the Mountain (which mountain) Tyler and yes pictures.
Originally Posted by 67nukeford
Good afternoon Wyoming! Lanny, truck is still looking beautiful!!
Thank You, gentlemen!!

Old 07-10-2020, 02:40 PM
'77 Ranch Beater
Fleet Mechanic
Received 117 Likes on 113 Posts
Originally Posted by 5_labsownus
Have fun and keep the brakes cool!
Been a while and have poked around in the Big Horn on the Lovell side Medicine Wheel, Duncan, Bear Rock and some other places a can not remember the area names!
Wheel brakes? That's what the exhaust brake is for! It's always low and slow off the mountain, no reason to get in a hurry. At almost 70ft of rig and >20k lbs, I don't play around.

t

Old 07-10-2020, 04:17 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 227 Likes on 184 Posts
Originally Posted by coolbeans
Good Afternoon Wyoming, Rod, Jim, Roy, and all... Happy Friday! Sunny day again.. working with my firewood, trying to get it all done BEFORE snow hits, for once.. LOL!
Lanny, I'm appalled that you would use such offensive language in July......

Good afternoon Wyoming, happy Friday! Last day of evening shifts, go back to days next week.

Old 07-10-2020, 09:20 PM
5_labsownus
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 1,678 Likes on 1,557 Posts
Originally Posted by '77 Ranch Beater
Wheel brakes? That's what the exhaust brake is for! It's always low and slow off the mountain, no reason to get in a hurry. At almost 70ft of rig and >20k lbs, I don't play around.

t
I was 56 feet and 18K so I went across on to Ten Sleep to avoid the curves into Lovell and no exhaust brake!

Good evening Lanny and your welcome.

Old 07-10-2020, 09:22 PM
5_labsownus
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by 67nukeford
Lanny, I'm appalled that you would use such offensive language in July......

Good afternoon Wyoming, happy Friday! Last day of evening shifts, go back to days next week.
Pat the last time I was in Wyoming it snowed on us on July 15th and the UPS truck wrecked in the ditch!

Old 07-11-2020, 10:50 AM
coolbeans
FTE Chapter Leader

Good Morning Wyoming and all who visit... don't know how the day's going to turn out, there is a BLM protest at the town hall around 12 noon. There's at least 200 in our group that have sworn to protect the town, back the sheriff's department/police/highway patrol, etc. There are many more locals both democrat and republican, who do not want terrorists of any kind in our US. Anyway, rumor has it that there are some buses, vans, etc. full of protesters/rioters coming to this.. so we have worked with the cops and have a plan or two... after the meeting, we all prayed that it will be as peaceful as can be. My daughter is running the convenience store that's right on main street across from the town hall so guess where I am gonna be.

Old 07-11-2020, 09:05 PM
5_labsownus
FTE Chapter Leader
Lanny you and your town have my thoughts and prayers. Peaceful is OK and they have their right to demonstrate (that is what this country is founded on) even tho I do not agree with them. But if it goes in a different direction, You have my support! By the way I would be right where you will be and for the same reason, prepared and praying nothing happens!

Old 07-12-2020, 12:15 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,189 Likes on 1,661 Posts
Lanny...... take care and stand firm......

Old 07-12-2020, 12:32 AM
coolbeans
FTE Chapter Leader

Thank You Rod.. I would be honoured to have you with us! It turns out, everything went smoothly! As I understand, the highway patrol turned away a few vehicles right at the interstate , and told them to never come back. (We was with the town cop, so got it right from the radio) so we only had to deal with a group of about 35 with the majority being locals. The fun was there was a couple gals across the street holding "all lives matter" signs, so I invited them to be with us.. pretty soon we had more of the protesters with us on our side, made the rest look pretty stupid I'll say! Also, Thank You for the prayers!

Old 07-13-2020, 11:06 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 227 Likes on 184 Posts
Originally Posted by coolbeans
Good Morning Wyoming and all who visit... don't know how the day's going to turn out, there is a BLM protest at the town hall around 12 noon. There's at least 200 in our group that have sworn to protect the town, back the sheriff's department/police/highway patrol, etc. There are many more locals both democrat and republican, who do not want terrorists of any kind in our US. Anyway, rumor has it that there are some buses, vans, etc. full of protesters/rioters coming to this.. so we have worked with the cops and have a plan or two... after the meeting, we all prayed that it will be as peaceful as can be. My daughter is running the convenience store that's right on main street across from the town hall so guess where I am gonna be.
Good morning Wyoming. Lanny, I hope this went okay. Those idiots rioters need to find somewhere else to go. Preferably another country. I'm all for the peaceful protest. When you start destroying things, then it's time to come down hard on them.

Old 07-14-2020, 10:02 AM
coolbeans
FTE Chapter Leader

Good Morning Wyoming and all who visit.. Happy Taco Saturday! Sunny with a bit of a cool breeze today.

Old 07-14-2020, 03:21 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 7,149 Likes on 2,856 Posts
The state of Wyoming updated their Covid orders yesterday. No gatherings of more than 50 people.

https://health.wyo.gov/wp-content/up...tion_71320.pdf

EDIT: Exception for up to 250 at weddings is still there. How stupid is that? Let's bring in a bunch of people from out of state. What could go wrong?

Quick Reply: Welcome To Wyoming's Official July 2020 BS Thread!