Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

seat moves on its own?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2021, 03:02 PM
SpencerPJ
Laughing Gas
Received 207 Likes on 169 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom in central california
My front passenger seat reclines intermittently on its own. I haven’t been able to find the cause and/or how to remedy. Any ideas???
My 2020 has done it 2X as well. Glad I'm not crazy.

Old 08-10-2021, 03:18 PM
scott91370
Fleet Mechanic
Received 94 Likes on 76 Posts
Originally Posted by SpencerPJ
Glad I'm not crazy.
Well...

The following users liked this post:
Old 08-10-2021, 04:26 PM
DaltJo2000
Mountain Pass
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Hey!

I've got the same problem, seems to do it intermittently, 2017 Crew Cab XLT 302A package, dual heated seats, both fully power adjusting.

Old 08-10-2021, 04:56 PM
SpencerPJ
Laughing Gas
Try and get a Dealer to find that one

Old 08-10-2021, 08:18 PM
Fat Ford Boy
More Turbo
Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts
We had a customer that stated that if parked on a incline, ( Front end up), that his passenger seat would recline. His drive way went up hill. SO, we put the truck in our shop, and lifted the front end up to what we, and he figured was a matching angle of his driveway.

We did this for a solid week. We rigged up a string to go across the vehicle approx. 6" in front of the front seats. We measured back in the same position on BOTH seats, and noted the measurement. In 5 days, the seats NEVER MOVED.

Upon further investigation, we had the guys wife come to the shop, and we watched her get out of the seat. She was sliding across, and down the passenger seat, bumping the recline button with her butt.

NOT saying this is the same situation, just what we found. After her husband watched, and seen what we had witnessed, we never heard from them again.

Just sayin' ................................

The following 3 users liked this post by Fat Ford Boy:
Old 08-11-2021, 08:04 AM
jake415
Tuned
Received 123 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by Fat Ford Boy
We had a customer that stated that if parked on a incline, ( Front end up), that his passenger seat would recline. His drive way went up hill. SO, we put the truck in our shop, and lifted the front end up to what we, and he figured was a matching angle of his driveway.

We did this for a solid week. We rigged up a string to go across the vehicle approx. 6" in front of the front seats. We measured back in the same position on BOTH seats, and noted the measurement. In 5 days, the seats NEVER MOVED.

Upon further investigation, we had the guys wife come to the shop, and we watched her get out of the seat. She was sliding across, and down the passenger seat, bumping the recline button with her butt.

NOT saying this is the same situation, just what we found. After her husband watched, and seen what we had witnessed, we never heard from them again.

Took me a couple years to figure out that not getting into the truck all the way and hanging my left leg out the open door would press buttons and adjust the seats when reaching into the cab to load or unload items. The edge of the seat squishes down and my thigh contacts the adjusters. I believe I am too focused on what I'm doing (usually in a hurry) to notice or hear the seats adjusting. The adjustments are usually very minor and not noticed until I get a mile or two down the road. And even now that I know what is happening, I still do this. I feel the seat adjusters are in the wrong place and I wish there was a "lockout" for the adjusters similar to whats on the side view mirrors. If my wife didn't also drive the truck, I would just set the seats where I want them, and then disconnect the power wires to them. So for now, its just the way it is. Add it to my list of "first world" problems....

Old 08-11-2021, 08:08 AM
Fat Ford Boy
More Turbo
Do you have memory seats? If so, set your setting to your key, and you're set to go.

Old 08-11-2021, 01:21 PM
SpencerPJ
Laughing Gas

Just sayin, one time wife and I were traveling and pulling TT. Stopped for lunch, came back to truck, passenger seat was totally reclined, yes it was locked. Mysterious happenings. It was an electronic hiccup, not her or anyone brushing against the controls.

Old 08-11-2021, 01:30 PM
ingman
Tuned
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
I have been fallowing this thread and I discovered that it was my own fault that my seat back was moving. if I lean into the center console it was my belly moving the seat back control. just something I noticed.
I think that is what everyone will discover. Good luck to figuring this out.

Old 08-11-2021, 03:58 PM
Shawn2017
5th Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mines moves when parked no one in it. I also the belly moving issue. Usually it leans back just enough to notice it’s not where it was
its easy to live with. It’s a Ford it speaks moans an makes different noises. Seat moving no biggie. When it starts moving forward with me in it
is time to worry.

Old 08-12-2021, 08:18 AM
ingman
Tuned
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
I won't say that this isn't an issue.
I was just letting people know what was happening to me. I would get in my truck and the seat back was laid way back and I thought what is going on. Then one day I happened to see it moving while I was leaning into the center console.
I hope you all don't have a big problem with the BCM.
Can you say "Christine" I heard there remaking that movie maybe if your truck seat starts moving forward with you in it you could make your truck the star. LOL
Just my two cents

Old 08-13-2021, 11:10 AM
TJReams
Fleet Mechanic
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

That is exactly what happens when my Brother in law goes anywhere with me. He slides out and hangs it with his butt. I have repeatedly shown him how I get out by using the aws*** handle and back out. I go by myself 99 percent of the time yet my passenger seat bolster is way more worn and polished. I even video'd it and showed him the video and still no luck. so now we take the wife's car most of the time and he bitches how low it is.
TJ

Old 08-14-2021, 06:36 AM
Fat Ford Boy
More Turbo
TJReams, I completely agree with you !!!!!!!!

I worked maintenance in a FORD plant, and I ask the lady who installed the seats, about the proper way to get in and out of a truck, BECAUSE I'd see the bolsters of the seats messed up.

She told me that it would certainly help the wear of the seats by grabbing the oh s**t handle and pulling yourself up so as NOT to slide across the bolsters.

Problem being, there were a few years when FORD in all of their infinite wisdom eliminated the oh s***t handle, and you had to grab the steering wheel, which I personally did NOT like to do.

AND, the leather/pleather seats in these trucks, IMO, are NOT as tough as you'd hope they'd be, so to help pro-long the life of the material, you about HAVE to grab the oh s**t handle.

Old 08-15-2021, 09:06 AM
Fat Ford Boy
More Turbo
A buddy of mine slides off the seat upon getting out. It just rubs my fur wrong. Have explained it to him, to no avail. SO, I came up with the solution. We take his truck, and I buy the gas.

OH, he has a 2002 K/R, and he thinks the new "Pleather" seats are as tough as his.

Old 08-15-2021, 11:56 AM
FORD COASTIE
Supporter of Patriotism
Received 2,376 Likes on 1,719 Posts
A buddy of mine slides off the seat upon getting out. It just rubs my fur wrong. Have explained it to him, to no avail. SO, I came up with the solution. We take his truck, and I buy the gas.

OH, he has a 2002 K/R, and he thinks the new "Pleather" seats are as tough as his.
That’s a pet peeve of mine too, I don’t like anyone sliding off of my seat. I’m glad to know I’m know the only one who gets aggravated by this.

Quick Reply: seat moves on its own?