2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2020 F-350 bed camera issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2020, 05:12 PM
Rich53
Senior User
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
I am down south, so 80 degrees every day, lots of sun usually. Could be temp related, I have noticed it usually works in the morning, today is cloudy and rainy, and it is working. I have pulled the connection apart, used some dielectric lubricant on it, didn’t make any difference.

regarding Forscsn changes, I put everything back to AsBuilt and it didn’t make any difference, so unless the changes actually damage the camera, I have started thinking they are just defective cameras.

that said, as I noted above, when I put the dpf screen back on I lose the camera completely, it gives me a blue screen, like the trailer camera does when it is not connected, or the camera won’t select, it just stays on whatever camera view it was on. So I took the DPF back out, now it selects again, but distorts intermittently.

Old 05-25-2020, 11:07 AM
ZooDad
Received 663 Likes on 385 Posts
So I joined the club, at least for a couple minutes.
I have DPF screen enabled. Never had an issue. This morning went to hook up horse trailer (gooseneck) and bed camera was all distorted. Well hooked up old fashion way. Plugged in trailer. Pulled it out a bit. Back in reverse. Check bed camera. All good.
Very strange indeed.
After we are done picking up the new mini donkeys. I’ll check with and w/o trailer hooked up. See if any difference.

ZooDad

Old 05-25-2020, 01:04 PM
Rich53
Senior User
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
ZooDad

Sorry this bug has now bitten you, I honestly don't think it is related to DPF%, given how many trucks are having issues, and many of them either aren't using FORScan or are gas, I think just bad cameras. One poster believes it is the quality of the connector, but I have pulled mine apart, used Corrosion Block on it (which has solved so many electrical problems for me on boats as well as vehicles) and it didn't make any difference.

Old 06-08-2020, 11:51 PM
silver_pilate
Tuned
Received 69 Likes on 44 Posts
I have a basically stock 2020 KR F350 DRW, and I'm having the intermittent issue with my bed camera. I haven't ever used FORScan.

It will work sometimes, then begin to flicker and/or distort even as you watch it at times. Other times it's completely distorted and dark. My folks were using our fiver and hooking up to pull it home when the bug first hit. We run a Goosebox which is great, but with the crew cab, it's impossible to see the goose ball from the cab without the camera. My dad is terrible at backing, and the camera issue almost caused them to divorce, lol.

This weekend, my wife and I were in Denver and had to hook up the fifth wheel at an awkward angle with limited room for maneuvering, and the bug hit again. I got the job done, but having the camera would have saved me some time and frustration.

I guess I'll take it in for warranty work and a service.

Old 06-20-2020, 01:10 PM
KeystoneF350
Tuned
Received 122 Likes on 80 Posts
Another data point for everyone on the bed camera not working on a 2020 F350. I bought my truck in April, and everything has been fine with the cameras. I also have enabled the DPF% in Forscan when I first bought the truck and the cameras worked fine for the last couple months until this morning when my bed camera was displaying white static and eventually SYNC wouldn't even let me select the bed camera. I took the 3rd brake light off (4 screws) and 2 connectors and cleaned the camera contacts with contact cleaner, added some dielectric grease, put it back together and it works fine now. Nothing to do with the DPF% in Forscan in my opinion. The gasket in the camera plug seems very stiff and when you engage the connector you have to really push to compress the gasket and get the connector to click into place. I suspect it wasn't fully seated from the factory and had wiggled loose over time. Hopefully that is the last time I have to mess with the bed camera.

Old 06-20-2020, 01:17 PM
tomfordgt
Tuned
Received 56 Likes on 27 Posts
My 20' F350 bed camera was replaced after it went from occasionally working to completely not working. 100% stock. The dealer said they replaced dozens and dozens of them.

Old 06-20-2020, 02:17 PM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,791 Likes on 1,696 Posts
All these cameras.......... all makes..........pay for junk that is mostly useless
1. sun shining.........get a lot of glare and can’t see what I want to see.
2. If not glare, what I want to see is all shadows..........still can’t see what I want to see.

3. Go back to “old school” method.....use mirrors, Get out and look.
Oh, well, have done it that way for years, and a few more won’t make any difference in the end anyway.

Old 06-20-2020, 03:20 PM
firejp
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jim Thompson
Any body having issues with the cameras in their new truck ? My bed camera is not working.😝
yep me too. 6400 km on it

Old 06-20-2020, 04:00 PM
heinphoto
Cross-Country
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The dealer called and they have received both replacement cameras - it took a little over a month for them to get the parts. I'm sceduled to take it in on Monday. Hopefully that solves the problem!

Old 06-25-2020, 01:20 PM
Ba Ti
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2020 F-150 camera issues

My rear camera has blacked out. This morning my front camera also blacked out and there were random small green lines going across the screen. Called the Ford dealership and they told me that they had somebody come in with a 2020 F 250 with camera issues. They contacted an engineer who told them they are aware of a possible software issue and are working on the problem so there may be a recall that comes out in a month or two

Old 08-26-2020, 11:39 PM
MachAF
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Add me to the list.

Old 08-27-2020, 05:02 AM
Drothgeb
Senior User
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Just checking in... After having bed camera issues, then unplugging it and working the the plug a few times with silicone grease, I have not had an issue for months. Before, mine was only working a third of the time. Worth a try if you’re having problems.

Old 08-27-2020, 10:46 AM
swankerme
Senior User
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Is there not an aftermarket camera that can be used to swap out? I swapped out the reverse camera on my Nissan for an Amazon camera that cost like $20. It was much better quality/resolution and took 10 minutes to swap.

Old 03-20-2021, 09:08 PM
traveldawg
More Turbo
Received 142 Likes on 96 Posts
Was hoping someone found a replacement camera. Or a known good fix.

My struck is totally stock and I have the distortion/fuzzyness/blank symptom on my bed camera.

Don't want to have to buy a new one and since I am out of warranty I don't see any sense in letting Ford look at it.

Old 03-21-2021, 02:38 AM
alumizilla
Mountain Pass
Received 34 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by traveldawg
Was hoping someone found a replacement camera. Or a known good fix.

My struck is totally stock and I have the distortion/fuzzyness/blank symptom on my bed camera.

Don't want to have to buy a new one and since I am out of warranty I don't see any sense in letting Ford look at it.
There's a recall for it. Did you look into that? There might not be any charge.

https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...ce-recall.html

Quick Reply: 2020 F-350 bed camera issues