2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey that thing got a Hemi ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2003, 12:00 AM
Ratsmoker
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
You know that advertised TQ and HP ratings of all three brands are taken at the flywheel right? I know of no motor company that takes it anywhere else.

Old 10-19-2003, 02:15 AM
old_man_van264
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
heres another thing. this post is in my eyes real world proof that fords are better than chevey. now bear with my on this cuase i like the way cheveys look but i dont see them as tuff trucks. i just got back from custom diferentials in bloomsdale mo. anyone not familiar, its the local bi anual mud fest and truck pull/crazy rednecks gettin drunk. anyways, of all the trucks i saw out there, not one z71, i saw three brand new dodges, and about five brand new ford f 150 and 250s. all out getting buried in the mud. i even saw an f350 winch out a truck buried to the doors. as the truck started coming out of the mud it kept getting taller. then i saw just how deep ity was stuck. the truck had 45 inch boggers on it and the f350 pulled it loose without even breaking a sweat. if thats not a good truck then i ask what is. i wish i had a ford truck. but im stuck with this dang ford aerostar

Old 10-19-2003, 08:26 AM
bigbluebronco43
Elder User
I know that the horsepower and torque are taken at the crank, but I want to see the entire torque curve from both engines at the crank. And it just seems funny that the F150 with the 5.4 has class leading low end torque but only when geared right...which is what I'm lead to believe from their website...By the way the figures of the Nissan and Ford F150 above were taken from Truck Trends...Didn't want any purgery problems.

Old 10-19-2003, 11:41 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Magazines typically have a 3 month lead time. Nissan was fooled by Ford and the published specs were purposefully underrated until Nissan had pre-production underway.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/...uckfight_x.htm

I didn't think you'd back up your Ford -vs- Hemi statement with cash. Too bad, it would have made a great article. It all boils down to the 5.4 is able to produce 80% of its peak torque at 1000 rpm.... something the Hemi can't come close to.

Old 10-19-2003, 12:11 PM
bigbluebronco43
Elder User
yeah i won't back it up with cash because i don't own either of the trucks, and i don't know of any dealership that will let you take their truck to a dyno for a day. I also just got done reading at a Dodge forum that the HEMI's computer compensates for added weight by adjusting the engines output. People have constantly been saying that the engine has more power when there is something loaded in the back or hitched to the ball. They are all saying the HEMI has tons more power with a load then when unloaded. This is further making me not believe what everyone says about the HEMI not being a good tow engine since these guys are trying to figure out ways to trick the computer to thinking there is a load at all times to release the engines true power. Almost every user has said that they don't need full throttle when pulling a full load to get to 60mph and that passing people with a load is not a problem either.

I'm just up in the air and there is conflicting views, the Dodge guys who own the trucks/work them/tow them say that the engine has plenty of torque and are a great engine for the truck. Then the Ford guys say that the HEMI sucks for all that and that the 5.4 is the best. I'll say it, ONE LAST TIME, I WILL HAVE TO FIND OUT FOR MYSELF.

Old 10-19-2003, 09:20 PM
1975 f150 360
Junior User
im not a ford lover just cuz my dad has a couple its because all around my area is mostly fords specially on farms is ee a lot of older fords used for beet around trucks and i dontt hink there is a chevy deal in my area, NW Iowa, its mainly all ford and a few dodge thats about ll i see on the road around here is dodge and some chevys it seems liek the old fords just keep on going i never see any older chebys and defienntly no dodges under 1980 in my area but i see A LOT of older fors in the 70's being used as everday work trucks, and then most companys that are used to hall things are almost all fors superdutys and a few dodges but usually there trannys go, So i am a #1 fird fan cuz i thinkt hats whats best as for quality and how long they last, just my 2 cents worth.

1975 f150 360

Old 10-20-2003, 09:36 PM
speed_Demon1965
New User
I read a review that the Hemi had to have a few full throttle kicks when pulling things up a hill. 2004 F-150 didn't need it because it has so much torque at low RPMs. Has anyone seen this video on the internet? If so, can I see a link.

Old 10-21-2003, 11:23 AM
Hoss Got a Cummins
Senior User
The real question is....if it were real life and not a Ford commercial then what would the outcome be?? Of course the Hemi won't win on a Ford commercial....just like the F-150 wouldn't win on a Dodge commercial.

Old 10-21-2003, 11:27 AM
Hoss Got a Cummins
Senior User
Re: Re: Chevy, GMC doesnt need cute ads

Originally posted by tstpnb
This just shows you how ignorant and biased you are!!! your daddy probably had a chevy, so did your grandpa, and when you were growing up, that is if you are grown up, because you certainly dont sound like it, all of your friends probably had a chevy too. you must be smoking crack!!! every year, almost a million ford trucks are sold to americans!!! you are so blinded by your ignorance that you fit the typical gm stereotype...that is all you want to do is bash fords because you can never be #1!!!

as for saying that canadians buy the better trucks, i could care less, because nothing against canada, but America is the richest most powerful nation in the world...and if the majority of people in the richest and most powerful nation in the world want to buy the fords, dont call them morons because of your jealously....

yeah and what is with the stupid commercial gm has about, "try as they might, they still cant catch us" is that supposed to appeal to the idiots also...more standard horsepower my a##...chevy offers a 6 banger standard that cranks out a whopping 195 hp and 260lb/ft torque... they forgot to mention that was standard not the 4.8 v-8 ford offers a standard 4.6 v-8 that will rip the bumper off the poor old cheby

one last think to this gm lover, before i tell him to go to his own site....

who in the hell would buy a avalanche, an aztec, a rondevous, a vibe....better than that who would design them???? oh gm!!

oh one more thing:

as of june 2003 ford truck sales were beating chevy truck sales by, oh, almost 80,000...and explorer was beating trailblazer by oh, 65,000

GM try as you might, you still cant catch us...

I thought personal attacks weren't tolerated in this forum?? Are the rules posted in the sticky up front just there to be PC??

Old 10-21-2003, 12:44 PM
Carlene
Admom
Received 188 Likes on 116 Posts
Personal attacks are not allowed but being volunteers having full-time jobs, Ratsmoker & I don't always catch every post.

Also, some of the moderating is done behind the scene so as not to repremand anybody on the public forums. If you'll notice, the post before that one you quoted along with the one you quoted was where it stopped.

If you would like, me to go back and delete those two posts at this time, that would not be a problem. However, I would need to delete your entire post also so that when I take that quote out it doesn't look like you're talking to yourself.

Hope this explaination helps and let me know if you feel I need to delete the posts in question.

Old 10-21-2003, 01:34 PM
Hoss Got a Cummins
Senior User
Originally posted by Carlene
Personal attacks are not allowed but being volunteers having full-time jobs, Ratsmoker & I don't always catch every post.

Also, some of the moderating is done behind the scene so as not to repremand anybody on the public forums. If you'll notice, the post before that one you quoted along with the one you quoted was where it stopped.

If you would like, me to go back and delete those two posts at this time, that would not be a problem. However, I would need to delete your entire post also so that when I take that quote out it doesn't look like you're talking to yourself.

Hope this explaination helps and let me know if you feel I need to delete the posts in question.
Please don't misunderstand the intentions of my post. I wasn't in any way trying to attack or criticize the moderators. As a moderator myself on another forum I know exactly the situation you're in. I was just surprised. This is my first visit to the "Ford vs. Competition" forum since joining up on this site. The first thing I noticed upon entiring was what appeared to be very strict rules (as they should be). My first post to read was this one....and one of the first things I noticed was the attack on the poor little misguided GMC guy. Just made me wonder is all.

It's not my call if you delete someone's post...and makes no difference to me if you do or not. I frequently talk to myself anyway.

By the way....I can't tell because of the size....but is that an Aggie Bonfire in your avatar??

Take care.

Last edited by Hoss Got a Cummins; 10-21-2003 at 01:37 PM.
Old 10-21-2003, 04:22 PM
Carlene
Admom
Received 188 Likes on 116 Posts
"I wasn't in any way trying to attack or criticize the moderators."

I didn't take it that way. I was between meetings but didn't want your question to go unanswered until sometime this evening or tomorrow.

My avatar is a picture I took of one of our campfires. I thought it was pretty cool because it looks like a woman dancing in the fire. Hubby says she's nekid, but I don't see it.

Oh yeah - welcome to FTE.
(Rushed typing again - gotta scoot before the boss shows up with more work.)

Old 10-21-2003, 04:35 PM
Hoss Got a Cummins
Senior User
Originally posted by Carlene
"I wasn't in any way trying to attack or criticize the moderators."

I didn't take it that way. I was between meetings but didn't want your question to go unanswered until sometime this evening or tomorrow.

My avatar is a picture I took of one of our campfires. I thought it was pretty cool because it looks like a woman dancing in the fire. Hubby says she's nekid, but I don't see it.

Oh yeah - welcome to FTE.
(Rushed typing again - gotta scoot before the boss shows up with more work.)
She's definately nekid.

Thanks for the welcome.

Old 11-10-2003, 04:46 PM
89BroncoXlt
New User
Cool

First of all I want to say I respect all opinions.. I am not biased with to anything but, the fact remains I went with the dirty word Dodge for the simple reason got more for my money than the other Big Three.. My 03 Ram 1500 Hemi with the Off-Road package listed for only 31,456 and after the discounts got if for 21,600.. The other trucks I am sure are good In their on right... Plus its nice to have 345 h.p in a 4 wheel drive .. The chevy has the SS but its only a AWD, with no two speed transfer case. Depend on who you listen too is only slightly faster too...

Old 11-13-2003, 10:35 PM
schapman
Freshman User
Take a look around on the Ranches here in WY. You will see that a majority of the trucks are Ford. These guys are to poor to buy twice.

Quick Reply: Hey that thing got a Hemi ?