Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator 1991-1994, 1995-2001, 2002-2005, 2006-2010 Ford Explorer

New 94 Explorer Problem??? X-posted

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 02:24 PM
pixelatedkittie
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New 94 Explorer Problem??? X-posted

Hi, I just bought this suv used 3 days ago with 70k on the new engine. My problem is...

A) When ever I go over a speed bump I hear this creaking like bed springs squeaking and this noise is located in the center of the vehicle. What could this be???

B) When coming to a stop @ about 6mph my car goes from a slowing (low) idle about 1000 rpm then jumps to 1300rpm and then normalizes Is this normal?

Thanks for all of your help.

Weslyn

Old 10-09-2003, 04:41 AM
Torque1st
Posting Legend
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
Hello-

Welcome to Ford Truck Enthusiasts! The Internet's leading Ford TRUCK and SUV Resource!

This thread has been moved from New Truck Buyer forum. Unfortunately no truck tech questions are allowed there. Please scan down the list of available forums and place your topic in the most specific forum you can find, -fairly simple to do and just takes a moment.

Please take the time to read the headings and notices in each forum. The FTE board is HUGE! We want users to be able to find answers to their questions so it is organized into many areas and search tools are provided.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact a moderator.

Thanks for using FTE!

Old 10-09-2003, 05:30 AM
katneric
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weslyn

I have a 93 xlt and had a case of the creaks also. Could be lots of stuff. Mine turned out the be a spot weld on the heat sheild guarding the cat had broken loose. I think you'll have to get under there to determine for sure. It has been my experience though that most things connected to the powertrain will rattle more than creak, due to the engine rpm.

As for your second question, might be a vacuum leak or the IAC. Is 300 rpm's that significant though? Sounds more like an irritant than a problem. Wife once had an 83 Nissan Pulsar that idled and fluctuated between 1800 and 2300 (had to fix that).

Congrats on your new purchase. Good luck with the issues,
Eric