2018 3.3L V6 Performance Parts

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 03:14 PM
redheadfool
New User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 3.3L V6 Performance Parts

Hey all.
Picked up a 2018 F-150 SuperCrew XLT with the 3.3L V6. Loving the truck but have been trying to customize it to fit me a little better. Performance parts seem to be hard to come by for this engine. Anyone know of a supercharger kit that would go on this engine? Also looking for decent exhaust (a little more progressive and throaty without being tin sounding) and air intake system.
Much appreciated.
Mills

Old 06-25-2019, 03:31 PM
JKBrad
Received 804 Likes on 589 Posts
Welcome to the forum redheadedfool!

Unfortunately there isn’t much out there in the way of performance parts for the base engine. There are probably cold air intakes and exhaust systems. You might contact 5star tuning to see if they have one developed for it. Plus they will be able to tell you which performance parts work best with their tunes.

As for a supercharger, you are out of luck. Why didn’t you buy an EcoBoost model if you wanted more performance?

Old 06-25-2019, 03:36 PM
redheadfool
New User
Thanks for the reply Brad. As for why not an EcoBoost...there weren't any decent ones available in my price range.

I will give 5Star a jingle and see what they have to offer, so thanks for that info. Guess I will have to just keep waiting or even work with some local shops on potential supercharger fitting.

Old 06-25-2019, 03:39 PM
ford390gashog
Fleet Owner

Received 519 Likes on 398 Posts
Pretty sure this has to be a joke. No logical person would spend the money to SC the base 3.3 engine, they would have spent the $995.00 and gotten the 2.7 EB at minimum.

Old 06-25-2019, 03:44 PM
redheadfool
New User
Originally Posted by ford390gashog
Pretty sure this has to be a joke. No logical person would spend the money to SC the base 3.3 engine, they would have spent the $995.00 and gotten the 2.7 EB at minimum.
Nah man...but good on ya. Just asking a question as I didn't get the truck new and for what I had to spend, the 3.3L was available. I love it, and don't need an SC on it but if the option is available in the aftermarket, I am game to look.

Sorry that I posted this I guess...didn't know I'd get responses like this.
Cheers!

Old 06-25-2019, 04:34 PM
GABAR
Lead Driver
Received 238 Likes on 185 Posts
Originally Posted by redheadfool
Hey all.
Picked up a 2018 F-150 SuperCrew XLT with the 3.3L V6. Loving the truck but have been trying to customize it to fit me a little better. Performance parts seem to be hard to come by for this engine. Anyone know of a supercharger kit that would go on this engine? Also looking for decent exhaust (a little more progressive and throaty without being tin sounding) and air intake system.
Much appreciated.
Mills
Never touch/change the exhaust system on a V6 equipped F150 because it’s going to sound like complete ***. Lol
in other words, it’ll sound like a pissed off bumble bee on steroids.

Old 06-25-2019, 05:19 PM
redheadfool
New User
Originally Posted by GABAR
Never touch/change the exhaust system on a V6 equipped F150 because it’s going to sound like complete ***. Lol
in other words, it’ll sound like a pissed off bumble bee on steroids.
lol...good one GABAR!!! And if the ones on YouTube are any indication, there are very few exhaust that sound decent. Cheers!

Old 06-25-2019, 05:55 PM
Kingofwylietx
Fleet Mechanic
Received 70 Likes on 56 Posts
For what a full supercharger install would cost, and since you bought the truck used.....it might be cheaper to just keep looking for your same truck...but with a 3.5EB or 5.0 and trade. You’d be under factory warranty, have an unmolested engine, and maybe come out the same in cost.

That is my honest thought.

Old 06-25-2019, 08:06 PM
JKBrad
Received 804 Likes on 589 Posts
Well, he has the truck already and asked for advice based on that. We have all been here awhile and have a different perspective. As this generation of truck ages and more of them enter the used market, there will be more questions like this.

While a V6 will never sound like a V8, there are a few exhaust systems out there that sound pretty decent. Again, Mike at 5star will have the answers you need.

And you have to understand the perspective of the responses above. It would have been cheaper to buy the EcoBoost to get the performance you want. However, I understand seeing a truck and something about it just speaks to you, even if it isn’t ideal. Or the price was too good to pass up.

Enjoy your truck and post some build pics and keep us informed. You will be the first here to build a 3.3. Others might find this thread on a Google search and find it useful too.

Old 06-25-2019, 08:17 PM
adock
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JKBrad
Well, he has the truck already and asked for advice based on that. We have all been here awhile and have a different perspective. As this generation ages and more of them enter the used market, there will be more questions like this.

While a V6 will never sound like a V8, there are a few exhaust systems out there that sound pretty decent. Again, Mike at 5star will have the answers you need.

And you have to understand the perspective of the responses above. It would have been cheaper to buy the EcoBoost to get the performance you want. However, I understand seeing a truck and something about it just speaks to you, even if it isn’t ideal. Or the price was too good to pass up.

Enjoy your truck and post some build pics and keep us informed. You will be the first here to build a 3.3. Others might find this thread on a Google search and find it useful too.
I wish you could like posts on this forum like you can on others.

Old 06-25-2019, 08:53 PM
Kingofwylietx
Fleet Mechanic
Received 70 Likes on 56 Posts
Well, he has the truck already and asked for advice based on that. We have all been here awhile and have a different perspective.
I have never had one installed, but I am under the impression it takes $5K++ to add a supercharger and the related items/labor. I’ve even heard it running closer to $8K, but those are just numbers I’ve heard thrown around.

I sincerely wonder if it may be cheaper to trade his 18 on another 18 but with a higher output engine. Maybe that is the least expensive route, since it’s unlikely he’ll find anything to significantly increase power on a 3.3L. It’s very new and one of the least likely to gain strong aftermarket performance product support.

It would be interesting to see him become one of the first to significantly increase the 3.3L performance. Unfortunately, I think it will be a difficult path.

Old 06-25-2019, 09:10 PM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Received 214 Likes on 180 Posts
Originally Posted by Kingofwylietx
I have never had one installed, but I am under the impression it takes $5K++ to add a supercharger and the related items/labor. I’ve even heard it running closer to $8K, but those are just numbers I’ve heard thrown around.

I sincerely wonder if it may be cheaper to trade his 18 on another 18 but with a higher output engine. Maybe that is the least expensive route, since it’s unlikely he’ll find anything to significantly increase power on a 3.3L. It’s very new and one of the least likely to gain strong aftermarket performance product support.

It would be interesting to see him become one of the first to significantly increase the 3.3L performance. Unfortunately, I think it will be a difficult path.
I'm inclined to agree with that. Adding a supercharger is not really a cheap way to go. Look at the premium for a Roush kits, and you will see them starting at around $7,000. (Roush Super Chargers). Far less expensive to find a higher output engine; even the 2.7L EcoBoost would be a small premium compared to a supercharger.

Sorry, I don't like raining on your parade. Take this advise with my good intentions. I think there are less expensive ways to go.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:39 PM
redheadfool
New User
Well, he has the truck already and asked for advice based on that. We have all been here awhile and have a different perspective. As this generation ages and more of them enter the used market, there will be more questions like this.

Thanks Brad. Well said!

Listen, I get it. EcoBoost! That is all great and well, but I am just looking for something to go on what I have. Yes, the cost would be stupid, if it would even happen, but it is what it is.

I have the 3.3L and am extremely happy with it, and the 6-speed. I am pretty sure that an SC will not make it on to this truck, but it was worth an ask since I am new to the F-150 realm.

I appreciate everyone's honest, straight forth opinions...and I asked knowing I would get some slack.

I will post pics of what I come up with over the next few months, cause I am not going to leave the 3.3L stock...not in my nature.

Cheers!

The following users liked this post:
Old 06-25-2019, 10:42 PM
redheadfool
New User
Originally Posted by GlueGuy
I'm inclined to agree with that. Adding a supercharger is not really a cheap way to go. Look at the premium for a Roush kits, and you will see them starting at around $7,000. (Roush Super Chargers). Far less expensive to find a higher output engine; even the 2.7L EcoBoost would be a small premium compared to a supercharger.

Sorry, I don't like raining on your parade. Take this advise with my good intentions. I think there are less expensive ways to go.
No rain. Was not 100% set on an SC...just a thought and not knowing these engines I thought I would pose the question. If I was really worried about it I would make it happen...either that or sell it. I am happy with the truck and that is what matters.

Cheers!

Old 06-25-2019, 10:59 PM
redheadfool
New User
So, what is everyone's opinion on leveling kits? Love the look, just not sure which kit is worth purchasing. Not looking to add much underneath. Looking at adding either the 2019 SVT Ford Raptor F150 Bead Lock Wheels 17" inch OEM Factory Rim Stock or 17" Ford F-150 Raptor black FX-4 OEM rims with some BFG tires.

Quick Reply: 2018 3.3L V6 Performance Parts