6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

P2002 code, dealer gives middle finger

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2019, 03:14 PM
slorider
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jsukey
At the end of the day, the issue with my truck was a pre-existing condition, and can be proven with the pictures that were taken of it when it was offered for sale.
If you have pictures of black tips before you purchased the truck I would think this would be an open and shut case? Do you still have the pics?

Old 07-04-2019, 03:18 PM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 322 Likes on 169 Posts
They should be covering the cost of this entirely. This was a pre-existing condition on a CPO truck. A CPO vehicle should have absolutely nothing wring with it. Good luck finding a DPF for a '15 and up for under $1000 as well! The scrappers are offering over $400 for them in this area.
My Dad had a similar issue with a 2003 Acura TL he bought in 2006. He bought it CPO, then the light came on telling him "maintenance required" he brings it to them, then they tell him he needs a $500+ brake job because they're almost pad to rotor. His words to them were: "This is a CPO YOU said passed your multi-point inspection right which included the brakes did it not?" They said: "Yes, you're right, we'll get that taken care of" and they fixed his brakes for free.

Old 07-04-2019, 04:23 PM
jsukey
Tuned
Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by slorider
If you have pictures of black tips before you purchased the truck I would think this would be an open and shut case? Do you still have the pics?
Yup. Already sent all of that to the GM.

Old 07-04-2019, 05:44 PM
slorider
Senior User
Yup. Already sent all of that to the GM.
And the GM is still saying it's not a pre-existing condition?

Old 07-04-2019, 05:50 PM
jsukey
Tuned
And the GM is still saying it's not a pre-existing condition?
They haven’t admitted that yet. They are choosing their words wisely. Here is a snip or the last convo I had with the GM.

GM - John let me know when you can bring the truck in and we will find a fair solution to the issue.

Me -Thanks for getting back to me Jeff. I would really like to know exactly what you have in mind before I make the trip over there. It takes me a little over an hour to get there, assuming the traffic isn’t terrible. Right now, I am at work until the 10th. I could be there first thing in the morning on the 11th, but I would need a guarantee that the repair would be done on that day. I am leaving town the very next morning, and I have to have the truck for that trip.

GM - I can’t guarantee that any repair will be done on day one. I want to look at the truck with my diesel techs and get their input on what happened. We will be happy to provide you with a car while we are working on yours. I have included Buddy Mays, my service manger on this email so we can have every one in the loop on your truck.

Me - I just want the reassurance that we’re not wasting anyone’s time Jeff. Your service department already had the truck for almost 6 days straight. I even informed them of what I believed the issue to be the day I dropped it off. The P2002 code was never addressed, and the fact that the tail pipes were black wasn’t even acknowledged by anyone other than the service advisor. McDavid Ford had it figured out in less than 24 hours. I feel like the details are pretty cut and dry here. I didn’t see Buddy Mays email on the header, but please let me know if he or the diesel tech have any questions between then and now. I just want to get this wrapped up and put behind us. We will have to shoot for Tuesday, July 16th. That’s the soonest I can have it available. I will have the truck there at 7:00 am.

GM - I will see the truck on the 16th. Ask for Buddy Mays when you get here.

Old 07-04-2019, 06:26 PM
slorider
Senior User
The GM sure is choosing his words wisely, not promising or denying any repair. Guess you'll have to wait until the 16th to find out if their a stand up dealer or not, hopefully they are.

Old 07-04-2019, 08:39 PM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Received 6,652 Likes on 4,842 Posts
The GM sure is choosing his words wisely, not promising or denying any repair. Guess you'll have to wait until the 16th to find out if their a stand up dealer or not, hopefully they are.
Spot on accessment. Hopefully they do the right thing.

Old 07-05-2019, 01:00 AM
jsukey
Tuned
Fingers crossed.

Old 07-08-2019, 10:12 PM
jsukey
Tuned
Well, we're making some headway at least! I got a call from the service advisor today. Apparently that survey that I filled out has not gone unnoticed! He said that he has been fighting with Ford and upper management. So far, he got Ford to agree to pay for a "large portion" of the $3000 DPF replacement. He is now working on the upper management at the dealership to get them cover the rest. He told me today that he went ahead and ordered the parts needed. I'm still not going to let them try to stick me with a bill though. I will update on what happens after I get it back from the dealer. Still dropping it off on the 16th.

Old 07-09-2019, 05:10 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,520 Likes on 1,085 Posts
Great progress. Hard to believe that this is such a hard decision for them.

Old 07-09-2019, 06:29 AM
tradosaurus
More Turbo
Received 135 Likes on 100 Posts
Well, we're making some headway at least! I got a call from the service advisor today. Apparently that survey that I filled out has not gone unnoticed! He said that he has been fighting with Ford and upper management. So far, he got Ford to agree to pay for a "large portion" of the $3000 DPF replacement. He is now working on the upper management at the dealership to get them cover the rest. He told me today that he went ahead and ordered the parts needed. I'm still not going to let them try to stick me with a bill though. I will update on what happens after I get it back from the dealer. Still dropping it off on the 16th.
I listen to Ed Wallace on 570 AM (through the internet) almost every Saturday morning and he recommends a few dealers in the DFW area from each brand of vehicle. Rockwall Ford doesn't make that list.
After they replace your DPF system you might consider removing the emissions and then selling the brand new DPF they installed. I'm betting you could sell it for $1500 which would pay for your emissions removal and tuning.

Old 07-09-2019, 06:49 AM
jsukey
Tuned
Originally Posted by tradosaurus
I listen to Ed Wallace on 570 AM (through the internet) almost every Saturday morning and he recommends a few dealers in the DFW area from each brand of vehicle. Rockwall Ford doesn't make that list.
After they replace your DPF system you might consider removing the emissions and then selling the brand new DPF they installed. I'm betting you could sell it for $1500 which would pay for your emissions removal and tuning.
Not a bad idea, but I'm not planning on keeping this truck. I've got a 2010 Jeep SRT8 with an Arrington 440 stroker that makes around 700 horsepower sitting in the garage. I'm about to have the top end rebuilt, then sell it. When I do, I'm just going to pay off this one and buy a new '19 Platinum PS. I wanted to do this from the get-go, but I had the Jeep in the body shop getting the front bumper repaired. They forgot to secure the radiator cap all the way down when they put it back together. On the way home, all of the coolant blew out and ended up overheating the engine and blowing the headgaskets. I had to get my insurance company involved because they wouldn't own up to it. I have everything recorded from my dash cam. I needed a truck pretty quick, so I settled for something used in the meantime. I only paid 41k for my '15 Platinum with 78k miles. Granted, I wasn't expecting this issue of course. I shouldn't take too much of a hit on this truck seeing as it's never been modded, offroaded, is in pristine condition, and still has low miles. I'm seeing brand new '19 Platinums selling around mid 60's right now. That's my plan as of now.

Old 07-09-2019, 09:09 AM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Received 6,652 Likes on 4,842 Posts
I'm glad to hear it's looking to go your way. Way to stick to your guns, man. Let us know when you get your 19, brother.

Old 07-17-2019, 05:09 PM
jsukey
Tuned
Well...they followed through after the fight I gave them!! Hopefully this will be the end of the major issues for awhile! To sum it up...stick to your guns, and definitely don’t let those surveys go unanswered if you have an issue!!

Old 07-17-2019, 05:17 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,520 Likes on 1,085 Posts
Great news. Before too much time take those EGT sensor off the dpt and put some anti seize on them just in case you need to replace one in the future.

Quick Reply: P2002 code, dealer gives middle finger