Notices
Modular V10 (6.8l)  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAF issue

Old 06-13-2019, 07:08 PM
Gjcb1976
New User
Gjcb1976 is starting off with a positive reputation.
MAF issue

Hey, all... I've used this site a few times in the past to diagnose issues with great success, so I figured I'd try again. I have a 2003 Excursion with the V10. A few months about it started to die pretty consistently while driving (sitting at a stop sign, slow driving, and highway speeds) I cleaned the MAF, idle air control, throttle body, and put a new fuel pressure regulator on it. It ran great for 4 months. This weekend it started with the same issue. (Dies every 2 miles or so) I decided to take it one step at a time. I disconnected the MAF and it ran great for the past few days (100 miles or so) so I decided to buy a new one. I put the new one on today and within 10 miles it died again. Unplugged it again and it runs fine. I feel like once I plugged it in it must've triggered something. Any suggestions??? Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 06-14-2019, 07:42 AM
Dave's here
Freshman User
Dave's here is starting off with a positive reputation.
When was the last time you changed the fuel filter ?

Old 06-14-2019, 12:26 PM
projectSHO89
Post Fiend
projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.
Check your fuel tank vent system. If you can, the next time it stalls and doesn't restart, open the gas cap an listen for an inrush of air.

The whole MAF thing may be a red herring. Of course, it would be wise to actually check the MAF sensor's output to see if it's normal or not before reaching a conclusion one way or the other.

Old 06-14-2019, 04:00 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Moved over to the V10 forum since this is engine specific.

Stewart

Old 06-14-2019, 05:50 PM
Gjcb1976
New User
Gjcb1976 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks, guys! I changed the fuel filter about a month ago. I'll definetly check the vent too. It's just so weird that it will not act up if the MAF is unplugged.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.