Notices
2015+ F150 Discuss the 2015 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True or false

Old 05-12-2019, 05:55 PM
jimzpsd
Elder User
jimzpsd is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
True or false

looking at getting an F-150 for the wife with the 3.5 EB...........not sure now.

Old 05-12-2019, 06:06 PM
Black Ford XLT
Posting Guru
Black Ford XLT is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Vey interesting Hmmm!!!!!

Old 05-12-2019, 07:41 PM
johnday
Posting Guru
johnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant future
Ya, hhmmm. SMH

Old 05-12-2019, 07:55 PM
Wiggums
Posting Guru
Wiggums has a good reputation on FTE.Wiggums has a good reputation on FTE.Wiggums has a good reputation on FTE.
True.. False.. I pick the 3rd.. Dumb!

Old 05-12-2019, 07:56 PM
khadma
Carpenter Local 745
khadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant future
Is he an engineer?

We have vehicles with two different Ecoboost engines. I prefer the instant power of the 2.7 in an F150 over the 3.5 in an Explorer, which seems to have a little bit of turbo lag.

Yes, I do stomp on the GO pedal from time to time, but thatʻs why I love turbo power. So cool!

Just take care of your truck no matter what engine you choose.

Old 05-12-2019, 08:45 PM
scott91370
Posting Guru
scott91370 has a good reputation on FTE.scott91370 has a good reputation on FTE.
MANY vehicles are already DI and if they aren't they will be.
Variable timing has also been around a while - 20 years or more. No it's not perfect but this guy is making more out of it than needs to be.
The high pressures he speaks of are higher than a regular fuel injected system but not nearly as high as what a diesel works on.
Lastly, he really comes off as Mr. SnakeOil.I wouldn't trust much, if anything, this guy is pitching.

Old 05-12-2019, 08:51 PM
GlueGuy
Postmaster
GlueGuy has a great reputation on FTE.GlueGuy has a great reputation on FTE.GlueGuy has a great reputation on FTE.GlueGuy has a great reputation on FTE.GlueGuy has a great reputation on FTE.
That guy is a crackpot. For one, pretty much all engines from all manufacturers now have variable valve timing. So that is a red herring. Second, the twin injection system is pretty reliable too. Third, all ecoboost engines have very robust crank/main bearing reinforcement (similar to diesel engines), so the added stress is not that big an issue. Fourth, I may get on my Ecoboost occasionally, but I'm not on it all the time; I get fairly decent gas mileage; not stellar, but not like my old Tundra either.

Old 05-12-2019, 10:19 PM
onug
Donut Ninja
onug is a splendid one to beholdonug is a splendid one to beholdonug is a splendid one to beholdonug is a splendid one to beholdonug is a splendid one to beholdonug is a splendid one to beholdonug is a splendid one to behold
He’s a real curmudgeon. I watched his videos for a while and he seems to cling to old-school ideas and techniques. If you don’t like progress, then yeah, you’re not going to like the Ecoboost. I’ve never seen him that scattered however. Not only the video editing, but his constant movement and hand waiving. Is he stoned? I liked how he started complaining about Honda AL motors and then finished the thought by blaming software.

Old 05-12-2019, 10:34 PM
ford390gashog
Post Fiend
ford390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud of
Every engine Ford offers in the current F150 has DI and Port Injection along with VCT.

Old 05-13-2019, 06:33 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
My only recommendation to this fella is t hat he should go find an early 80's F-150 with the 300 I-6 and a manual M4OD, no ac or power anything. This defines a real old school truck that will yield hundreds of thousands of miles of very good service.

But, I sure hope he remembers the intense amount of maintenance that these trucks required as compared to trucks built today.

Old 05-13-2019, 08:10 AM
Tom
Tom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputation
There are few automotive YouTube channels I keep an eye on, and his is certainly not one of them. I've seen a few of his videos, and the only exists to produce hype, wild speculation, and irrational thinking.

I actively avoid watching any more of his stuff because I don't want to support his misinformation. Guys like him make a living off YouTube, and anyone making a living by pushing bad information needs to find another line of work IMHO.

Old 05-13-2019, 08:21 AM
Robbgt
Postmaster
Robbgt is a splendid one to beholdRobbgt is a splendid one to beholdRobbgt is a splendid one to beholdRobbgt is a splendid one to beholdRobbgt is a splendid one to beholdRobbgt is a splendid one to beholdRobbgt is a splendid one to behold
My only comment: Scotty Kilmer =

Old 05-13-2019, 08:36 AM
johnday
Posting Guru
johnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant future
He always reminds me when as a kid, of the chevy owners I used to hang with. Not all, just a select couple. But unforgettable for the last 50 years or so.

Old 05-13-2019, 12:25 PM
ford390gashog
Post Fiend
ford390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Robbgt View Post
My only comment: Scotty Kilmer =
Wouldn't let him lube a door hinge....

Old 05-13-2019, 06:42 PM
soundwave
Elder User
soundwave is starting off with a positive reputation.
oops double post

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: