6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

BetterDiesel FBC Experience

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2019, 03:09 PM
KodiakF250
More Turbo
Received 71 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Work Truck Fanatic
@@KodiakF250 which monitor do you use to track soot levels?
Thanks
Torque on a tablet.

Old 12-12-2019, 04:15 PM
PROSTOCK
Fleet Mechanic
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts
I'm at the end of tank #2. Idle quality is better for sure, off idle snap might be as well. 1st tank it re-gen'd on the way home from filling up. It re-gen'd 133 miles later. 2nd tank re-gen'd again about 135 miles. It went 298 miles before the next. I'm camping this weekend which will be my third tank, so we'll see. So far,

How do you guys keep from having this stinky crap drip everywhere when adding to tank? There's no gasket between bottle and spout, and you can't help but get it on your hands.

Did I mention it really stinks bad?!

Old 12-12-2019, 04:49 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,712 Likes on 2,754 Posts
Originally Posted by PROSTOCK
How do you guys keep from having this stinky crap drip everywhere when adding to tank? There's no gasket between bottle and spout, and you can't help but get it on your hands.
I put ~2 ounces into separate bottles that I then store in an ammo box that seals well. When I fuel up, I dump in an entire 2 ounce bottle. I usually fuel up close to empty so a 2 ounce bottle each time is just right. If it's a half tank when I fill up, I put in a portion of the 2 ounce bottle, hoping I guessed right.

Old 12-12-2019, 05:00 PM
KodiakF250
More Turbo
I've never spilled or had a drop leak. I just screw on the spout snugly each time, squeeze the bottle until 2 oz is in the pour reservoir, pour it in, and unscrew the spout. Granted, I keep a pair of rubber finger & palm gloves on the rubber mat behind my seat all the time so I can put them on every time I fuel. Keeps the diesel that's often on pump nozzles off my hands, and it would keep the FBC off too. I keep the FBC bottle & snout in a heavy ziplock bag in the driver's seat back pocket.

Old 12-13-2019, 07:05 AM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Received 6,382 Likes on 4,639 Posts
I'm at the end of tank #2. Idle quality is better for sure, off idle snap might be as well. 1st tank it re-gen'd on the way home from filling up. It re-gen'd 133 miles later. 2nd tank re-gen'd again about 135 miles. It went 298 miles before the next. I'm camping this weekend which will be my third tank, so we'll see. So far,

I use a Stabil 32 oz bottle with my additive. The cap on the 32 oz additive bottle fits the Stabil bottle where I fill it up. I replace that cap everytime a add a new bottle to the Stabil bottle because the additive effects the cap liner. Just an idea for you. If not, just ignore this.

Old 12-13-2019, 12:38 PM
747Driver
Mountain Pass
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
I started using the FBC a few months ago and have noticed similar results in that I'm getting to the 500 mile "mandatory" regen, but with only 60-80% soot. One difference that I've noted that I haven't seen anyone else mention here, is that my Regen's will run at least 40 miles long at highway speeds and soot level goes all the way to 0% and Regen keeps going for an additional 15-20 miles. This has been consistent since I started using the FBC. Regen's were shorter before using. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Old 12-13-2019, 03:13 PM
KodiakF250
More Turbo
Originally Posted by 747Driver
I started using the FBC a few months ago and have noticed similar results in that I'm getting to the 500 mile "mandatory" regen, but with only 60-80% soot. One difference that I've noted that I haven't seen anyone else mention here, is that my Regen's will run at least 40 miles long at highway speeds and soot level goes all the way to 0% and Regen keeps going for an additional 15-20 miles. This has been consistent since I started using the FBC. Regen's were shorter before using. Has anyone else had this happen to them?
Interesting. I just had one the other day, and it seemed of normal length. But, I didn't time it. Guess I'll have to pay closer attention now that you've brought up this possibility.

Old 12-15-2019, 03:21 AM
Blazn
Mountain Pass
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 747Driver
Funny that you mentioned this. I did a regen on the interstate today and I noticed this happening but with Diesel Kleen instead of FBC. Prior to using additive, right when I exit the interstate, my DPF% screen is at 0%. Today, driving the same route, when I took the exit, my DPF% was at 15%. Not sure if it's a coincidence or what, but this is my first tank with Diesel Kleen so will need more observation. I just thought that the reason was because it was cold outside, so it took the vehicle longer to get the engine up to the necessary regen temp thus the distance driving where the truck was in regen was shorter compared to past regens. Hence DPF% at 15% vs 0%.

Old 12-23-2019, 02:29 AM
Work Truck Fanatic
Tuned
Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
I have been using BetterDiesel FBC since Feb '19 and have had good results so far. I started out using Opti-Lube blend of SummerPlus, XL, and Boost!. With this combo I went from about 250 mile regen increments to >400 mile regen increments. Once I added the FBC I have consistently gotten to the 500 mile limit. Once I reach the mileage limit my soot % is between 60 and 80% when driving back and forth to work while empty. This is city driving between 35 and 50 mph. As of late I have been turning off my auto regen and letting the truck reach the 100% soot level. When I do this I can go as far as 520 miles on average with the conditions mentioned above. I have included a screenshot of when I reached the mileage limit. I use ForScan to monitor the PIDs and the mileage trigger is always 497.1 miles.

Old 01-02-2020, 11:04 PM
Better Diesel
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Vendor Contribution from Better Diesel

Originally Posted by bobcat67
Can anyone answer the question of Enerburn and BetterDiesel FBC being owned by the same person / people?
Two separate companies. EnerTeck Corp (stock symbol: ETCK) is the manufacturer of EnerBurn.
Better Diesel FBC, Inc. is the manufacturer of Better Diesel FBC.
The two products share in common the same active catalyst ingredient, otherwise the formulas are different and proprietary to each manufacturer.

Picture: front face of a DPF from a school bus after 1 year use of Better Diesel FBC. No accumulation of red-orange byproduct of the catalyst. But, most importantly, no soot.

Old 01-02-2020, 11:23 PM
bobcat67
More Turbo
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Better Diesel
Two separate companies. EnerTeck Corp (stock symbol: ETCK) is the manufacturer of EnerBurn.
Better Diesel FBC, Inc. is the manufacturer of Better Diesel FBC.
The two products share in common the same active catalyst ingredient, otherwise the formulas are different and proprietary to each manufacturer.

Picture: front face of a DPF from a school bus after 1 year use of Better Diesel FBC. No accumulation of red-orange byproduct of the catalyst. But, most importantly, no soot.
Cool beans, thanks, was just curious because it appears as though the owner of Better Diesel has their name on EnerBurn's website too, I plan on sticking with BetterDiesel because it works extraordinarily well for me, so I'm going to continue use.

Old 01-02-2020, 11:53 PM
Better Diesel
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for your kind words about your experience with Better Diesel FBC, that's great.
Apologies for the confusion. Yes, as my company was transitioning from being a distributor of EnerBurn to manufacturing and distributing our own Better Diesel FBC, we did for a time continue to sell EnerBurn through www.enerburn-solutions.com. Indeed, if you click on that website you will be redirected to www.betterdiesel.com.
We have had no complaints with Better Diesel FBC - only happy customers. Thanks again.

Old 01-04-2020, 09:35 AM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Received 6,382 Likes on 4,639 Posts
Originally Posted by bobcat67
Cool beans, thanks, was just curious because it appears as though the owner of Better Diesel has their name on EnerBurn's website too, I plan on sticking with BetterDiesel because it works extraordinarily well for me, so I'm going to continue use.
Hey bobcat, can you describe your experience with Better Diesel as in before and after use? Thanks.

Old 01-04-2020, 01:15 PM
PROSTOCK
Fleet Mechanic
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Overkill2
Hey bobcat, can you describe your experience with Better Diesel as in before and after use? Thanks.
I can. Smoother idle, regens only at 500 mile mark whereas before they happened about every 100+ miles. Improved fuel economy, went from mid 13's around town to 16+ which is hard to believe, better snap off idle....to name a few. It's enough improvement to continue use.for sure. My neighbor has a diesel John Deere tractor and it seems to regen every 30 minutes, he's using it now so I'll be interested to see if it makes a difference for him.

Old 01-04-2020, 01:25 PM
KodiakF250
More Turbo
Instead of a forced regen at 500 miles, it looks like the next regen may occur between 400 & 500 miles, but I suspect that may be due to the winter blend fuel.

Quick Reply: BetterDiesel FBC Experience