Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Vintage Air

Old 04-15-2019, 07:07 PM
Denverwells
New User
Denverwells is starting off with a positive reputation.
Vintage Air

Do any of you have a 53 to 55 F100 with vintage Air? The template for the firewall hose cover uses existing holes as reference points. My firewall was cleaned of any holes in the body shop therefore I have no reference point when it comes to those.

Just wondered if anyone out there could provide measurements/photos not using existing holes as a reference, to give me an idea where to put that hose cover plate. I may end up having the same problem with mounting the evaporator with not having any existing holes in the firewall.

Old 04-18-2019, 06:52 PM
das54
Elder User
das54 has a very good reputation on FTE.das54 has a very good reputation on FTE.das54 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I'll get some photos and some measurements of mine for you, maybe after I get home from work tonight if I remember or don't fall asleep on the couch.

Old 04-18-2019, 07:23 PM
Denverwells
New User
Thank you! I really appreciate it!

Old 04-20-2019, 09:38 AM
jniolon
Postmaster
jniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant future
Denver, don't think you'll need to punch holes in the firewall to mount the inside unit... mine mounted to the sill around the cowl vent and the lower lip of the dash.

Old 04-20-2019, 11:49 AM
Denverwells
New User
Thx, but I needed measurements for the plate/cover that mounts to the firewall where the heater hoses and A/C hoses pass through.

Old 04-21-2019, 02:47 PM
Denverwells
New User
Got the answer, thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.