Notices
New Member Introductions New to FTE? Introduce yourself here!

Letís try this again

Old 04-13-2019, 08:40 AM
Oredigger
New User
Oredigger is starting off with a positive reputation.
Letís try this again

Link sent to my email was an intro forum for super duty section, moderators you can delete that as this is just a copy of that post.

Hello everyone,

Been aware of the site for a long time, just never joined up. Use the info on this and other Ford sites all the time for mod ideas, repair procedures, and just general laughs at times. I am a member, under a different UN because it was taken here, on another model specific Ford site since back in college (good God, was that really 15 years ago!) and kind of lost interest as the crowd on that one devolved into a bunch of get off my lawn types that constantly had to cut people down and prove how smart they were. I'm sure there's some of that here, but I try to be as respectful as I can when posting and hopefully that is returned.

So why am I here? Well, my wife is into horses and we previously had an 8,500 lb gross bumper pull trailer, she wanted a little bit of an upgrade and we lucked into basically trading straight up for (aka we stole) a 13,000 lb gross gooseneck. So, while I love the F150 (still have the first one I ever owned) we are pushing the limits of our 2012 EB screw (alright get off my lawners here's your chance to scream about over towing with a 150) and our next ride will likely be a 16-18 F250 or 350 when we can afford to trade/sell in the next year or 2. I've learned a ton in my time as a lurker but figured it's time to sign up as I will soon need some answers to questions I'm having difficulty finding the answers for.

My background:
Degree in Mining Engineering, lived in ND, CO, WY, MT, MN, NM, currently in WI. I like hunting, fishing, the Denver Broncos and Colorado Rockies, tinkering with my old truck, and drinking beer. Haven't looked to see if there's a Lake Superior chapter/group/whatever the heck you guys call it, but if anyone is in the Ashland/Superior area I like meeting new people.

The background you actually care about:
'98-now: 1984 F150 XLT Reg Cab Long Box 3.55-bought with blown 351 for $200 in HS put a $200 302 in it, then put a 351W back in it, now making it a frankenstein with a 460. If you're interested I can send link to my build thread or maybe I'll migrate it here
'03-'07: 1997 F150 XLT SCab 6.5' box, 4.6, 3.55 - Wrecked
'07-'15: 2002 F150 XLT FX4 SCab 6.5' box, 5.4 Edge Evo then MPT XCal 2 custom tow tunes, 3.55, 3Ē PA BL - Sold
'14-'15: 1993 F250 XLT Scab 8' Box, 460, 4.10 - Sold
'15-now: 2012 F150 Platinum SCrew 6.5' box, 3.5 EB with MPT XCal 2 Custom tow tunes, 3.73, Pro Comp rear AAL, AS 2" spacer - Current rig and wife's DD with 13X,XXX. Since purchase average about 16,000 total miles/year of that average about 5,300 mpy with the hayburners behind it and about 1,000 mpy with either my 16' alumacraft or 10,000 lb gross flatbed. Current truck/trailer setup empty with 115 lb wife in drivers seat combined weight at 11,800 lbs, fully loaded (2 adults, 2 kids, 3 dogs) with the 2 horses and her tack in the trailer total weight at 15,100. So you can see why I'm looking to upgrade, GCVW for the SCrew I believe is 15,500 or somewhere right near there, but we are over on the rear axle rating according to the sticker.

yes I know that just going by the stickers itís illegal to pull with the 150, but as seen above at this point sheís not maxing it out even with both horses, 95% of the time thereís only one in there. The trailer right now has a stripped to the walls un-insulated living quarters. I'm assuming that's where all the weight is supposed to go because the trailer itself weighs about 5,500 lb. I would like to finish it out and make a nice little LQ for her in the future for horse shows/camping, hence the search for a more capable truck. As a side note, neither of us had pulled a GN prior to this trailer but now will never go back, not sure how the humane society and any group involved with horses isn't actively trying to boycott BP trailers. The ride is smooth as glass.

Old 04-15-2019, 04:25 AM
TomFlyer
Senior User
TomFlyer is starting off with a positive reputation.

Old 04-15-2019, 08:48 PM
Oredigger
New User
Oredigger is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thank you Tom

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.