Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking for input on tires

 
  #16  
Old 03-14-2019, 11:10 AM
paydirt
paydirt is offline
New User
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 15
paydirt is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Greg Hamilton View Post
Iíll be putting 285/65/20 BFG KO2 on my truck. Ran them on my 2010 and loved them. They were wearing great and were quiet.
I think this is what I'm going with as well. Do you know if they come with raised white letters on the 20" size? I can't seem to find any. I guess I'm old school.
 
  #17  
Old 03-14-2019, 12:12 PM
09FX-4's Avatar
09FX-4
09FX-4 is offline
Junior User
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: IOWA
Posts: 87
09FX-4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by RCR70ss View Post
I agree not looking for the cool factor but i do a lot of winter driving northern canada so i am needing one set of good all season tires...
Nitto Exo Grapplers are great in the snow. I ran two sets on my Ram 2500, and will be getting a set for the F350 soon.
 
  #18  
Old 03-14-2019, 12:22 PM
Greg Hamilton
Greg Hamilton is offline
Junior User
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Northern Colorado
Posts: 56
Greg Hamilton is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by paydirt View Post
I think this is what I'm going with as well. Do you know if they come with raised white letters on the 20" size? I can't seem to find any. I guess I'm old school.
Thatís a great question. Unfortunately I donít know if they do or not.
 
  #19  
Old 03-14-2019, 12:50 PM
Rockinfigs
Rockinfigs is online now
Senior User
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 374
Rockinfigs is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Sorry for stealing the thread but what size 35 inch tires work the best on stock height w stock 20 inch rims. I don't want it to rub at all and would going up one inch on tire size make a difference in towing ?
 
  #20  
Old 03-14-2019, 03:02 PM
Maiden666's Avatar
Maiden666
Maiden666 is offline
Airbus driver
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Salt Lake City UT
Posts: 163
Maiden666 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Painted Horse View Post
Toyo AT/2 s come in 295/65R20
They have lasted well on my truck. Easy 50,000 mile tread life
Plus they bump you rating to over 4000 lbs per tire.
What pressure are you running all the way around?
 
  #21  
Old 03-14-2019, 06:49 PM
Blue6.2's Avatar
Blue6.2
Blue6.2 is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 375
Blue6.2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by RCR70ss View Post
Didn't really want to start another tire thread but after reading so many posts here im am still a bit confused, so here it goes!


Have the 2017 Factory rims which i really like the look of, but i believe they are only 8 inch wide wheels. Looking to get a taller tire to fill in the wheel well, with the gap i created with the 2 1/2 leveling kit.
ditched the Michilens early and went with some 275 60/20 K02 's which have been great in the snow, just not the size i'm looking for ..The one tire that has been recommended to me is a Falken wild peak AT3 285/65/20 it fits on a 8" rim. Think i want to go taller... seems a lot of people exceed the minimum width and go with a taller tire, Looking for other suggestions for the folks that know more, thanks in Advance!!
I'm currently running nitto Ridge grapplers and I am highly considering the wildpeak at3 for my next tire. A friend of mine had them and loved them. Good price too!
 
  #22  
Old 03-14-2019, 09:31 PM
COTTS4x4's Avatar
COTTS4x4
COTTS4x4 is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 103
COTTS4x4 is starting off with a positive reputation.

Just slap some 37x12.50's on it and throw the specs out the window!
 
  #23  
Old 03-15-2019, 05:33 AM
Joe T
Joe T is online now
Elder User
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 759
Joe T is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yeah with a 2.5 inch lift and stock wheels 37s are about the best way to go. Look like itís supposed to be that way.


Otherwise Iíd sell what you got and do aftermarket wheels and 295/65/20.
 
  #24  
Old 03-15-2019, 06:16 AM
RCR70ss
RCR70ss is online now
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 174
RCR70ss is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for the input gents, I'm leaning toward doing the 37 12.5/ 20 with my stock rims. The Falken wildpeak AT3w has good reviews and gets me the height i want. Application chart shows it fits 8 1/2 " rim that would be my only concern.
 
  #25  
Old 03-15-2019, 09:28 AM
RainDesert's Avatar
RainDesert
RainDesert is online now
Posting Guru
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,412
RainDesert has a good reputation on FTE.RainDesert has a good reputation on FTE.RainDesert has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by RCR70ss View Post
Thanks for the input gents, I'm leaning toward doing the 37 12.5/ 20 with my stock rims. The Falken wildpeak AT3w has good reviews and gets me the height i want. Application chart shows it fits 8 1/2 " rim that would be my only concern.
I have, and know many guys who have run 12.50's on stock SD wheels over the years with no issue ever. The only thing to be aware of is that some tire dealers may not install them for you as you have a 8" wheel. Make sure in advance that the tire store will.
 
  #26  
Old 03-15-2019, 09:42 AM
Joe T
Joe T is online now
Elder User
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 759
Joe T is starting off with a positive reputation.
They may be a little ‘floaty’ and a wider rim would be more stable. Will also have to exact and keep an eye one tire pressure so they wear well.

Another option could be like a 295 on an aftermarket wheel or taking the leveling kit off.
 
  #27  
Old 03-16-2019, 08:53 AM
GTR
GTR is offline
New User
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 1
GTR is starting off with a positive reputation.




I'm running Nitto Ridge Grapplers 295/65/20 on Fuel (Sledge D596) 20" x 10" rims (-18 offset) on stock suspension. No rubbing whatsoever. In my opinion truck rides a a lot softer on this setup (55psi int fronts & 60 psi in the rears) than the original tires and rims. My plan is to lower the rear to a 1" block and and change rear shocks to Fox 2.0's.. Stance looks good in these picture due to the driveway being on a slant.
 
  #28  
Old 03-16-2019, 11:16 AM
Dentside
Dentside is offline
Junior User
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 67
Dentside is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by RCR70ss View Post
Didn't really want to start another tire thread but after reading so many posts here im am still a bit confused, so here it goes!


Have the 2017 Factory rims which i really like the look of, but i believe they are only 8 inch wide wheels. Looking to get a taller tire to fill in the wheel well, with the gap i created with the 2 1/2 leveling kit.
ditched the Michilens early and went with some 275 60/20 K02 's which have been great in the snow, just not the size i'm looking for ..The one tire that has been recommended to me is a Falken wild peak AT3 285/65/20 it fits on a 8" rim. Think i want to go taller... seems a lot of people exceed the minimum width and go with a taller tire, Looking for other suggestions for the folks that know more, thanks in Advance!!
I just got a set of the wildpeak AT3's a few months ago. Recommended by a friend who tows, hauls , and drives hard every day.

I love these tires. Good in the snow and rain, quiet, rides well. Supposedly my friend gets 40 k plus out of a set. So far so good.

My previous tires were nitto terra grapplers and its a night and day difference in traction.
 
  #29  
Old 03-16-2019, 11:23 AM
RCR70ss
RCR70ss is online now
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 174
RCR70ss is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Dentside View Post
I just got a set of the wildpeak AT3's a few months ago. Recommended by a friend who tows, hauls , and drives hard every day.

I love these tires. Good in the snow and rain, quiet, rides well. Supposedly my friend gets 40 k plus out of a set. So far so good.

My previous tires were nitto terra grapplers and its a night and day difference in traction.
What size did u go with? I am pretty much sold on the Falken wildpeaks as well....
 
  #30  
Old 03-16-2019, 11:26 AM
Dentside
Dentside is offline
Junior User
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 67
Dentside is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by RCR70ss View Post
What size did u go with? I am pretty much sold on the Falken wildpeaks as well....
265/75/16LT
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.