05X - Slow Build 4x4 05 EB

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 09:06 AM
05X
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lonnyallison
What head unit you have in there now?
The Atoto, just don't have steering wheel controls for the time being. Everything else still works. I'll do the steering wheel controls when I integrate a backup camera, and replace all the interior speakers.

Old 02-14-2019, 09:24 AM
lonnyallison
Cross-Country
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 05X
The Atoto, just don't have steering wheel controls for the time being. Everything else still works. I'll do the steering wheel controls when I integrate a backup camera, and replace all the interior speakers.
Agh, ok. Sorry I was misunderstanding. I ordered the A6 today. Are you happy with the unit as a whole? I wish it had video outs to be able to run video back to the factory dvd screen. I almost went with the Pumpkin because of the video outs but the mixed reviews scared me off.

Old 02-14-2019, 09:30 AM
05X
Junior User
Got pulled over last night. Unison ring just happened to stick at a stop light, didn't know there was a cop behind me. Gave it the beans to build load and try to break it loose.... worked. Finally lit the turbo, truck went full tilt, and left a massive thick black cloud of smoke. Few miles down the road, cop pulls me over and says "You know... I don't really care for being crop dusted". Explained to him it wasn't intentional, he let me go with a warning: "Excessive Smoke".

At least he was cool about it.

Old 02-14-2019, 09:40 AM
05X
Junior User
Agh, ok. Sorry I was misunderstanding. I ordered the A6 today. Are you happy with the unit as a whole? I wish it had video outs to be able to run video back to the factory dvd screen. I almost went with the Pumpkin because of the video outs but the mixed reviews scared me off.
I am mostly happy with it. I as well wish I had noticed it didn't have video out's before I ordered it. A few things:

If you leave your sound cranked up, and run an amp/subs, you can hear faint interference when you are Key On Engine Off.
It doesn't have the highest RMS output of aftermarket units, but it isn't terrible. Just run a bit better quality, higher sensitivity low ohm impedance speakers. (I am in the process of buying these)
The default 'pinkish' theme can't be changed (at least my version can't), so I run a standalone display: Agama Car Launcher.

Old 02-17-2019, 09:35 AM
lonnyallison
Cross-Country
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 05X
Originally Posted by 05X
Still on the to-do list. From what I've researched, and other people with 99-04 super duties that have the same head unit, the Metra AWSC-1 universal adapter works outright with the Atoto A6. You do have to attach the wires like you would a headunit stereo harness adapter, but no splicing. I'll let you know for sure once I've done it myself.
See this thread and specifically my posts beginning with post #33. The excursion does not have CAN-BUS for the audio controls, it's still analog at this point. The atoto uses one of the SWC wires on rear of radio to connect with wire shown in post #37. You don't need the interface module. Good luck.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post18487314

Update: I did a write up on it here https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post18489193

Old 02-18-2019, 09:21 AM
05X
Junior User
See this thread and specifically my posts beginning with post #33. The excursion does not have CAN-BUS for the audio controls, it's still analog at this point. The atoto uses one of the SWC wires on rear of radio to connect with wire shown in post #37. You don't need the interface module. Good luck.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post18487314

Update: I did a write up on it here https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post18489193
Awesome, appreciate the footwork you put in. I'll def look into it.

Old 02-18-2019, 09:22 AM
05X
Junior User
Stepsides are on. Not quite as long as I thought they were going to be, but I still like the look and they are very sturdy.:

Name:  2nNHuQUh.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  166.4 KB

Old 02-18-2019, 11:47 AM
fordboy2
Cargo Master
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Things are looking really nice

Old 02-19-2019, 12:30 PM
ShockwaveRider
Freshman User
Originally Posted by 05X
Stepsides are on. Not quite as long as I thought they were going to be, but I still like the look and they are very sturdy.:

BOOO!!!!

Well no, not really. Those look alright I guess.

Tell you what. I'll drive my 2004 Ex over to YOUR house and you can fix mine up just like yours (minus step bars).

K?

ShockwaveRider

Old 03-22-2019, 11:40 AM
05X
Junior User
Finally starting to warm up around here... will be doing a full detail on the truck for the spring weather.
In other VERY exciting news, I should have the stage 2 turbo ordered in the next week. WHOO!

Sorry for the lack of updates, but I've just been driving it (dirty as eff).

later!

Old 04-16-2019, 03:49 PM
05X
Junior User
Finally had time to get the turbo kit installed (and then fought with it for a week to get it seated correctly).

Old 05-07-2019, 12:51 PM
05X
Junior User
For a long while Ive been chasing a low boost issue, and a p0299 trouble code (low power/boost). On another forum, it was discussed and came to the conclusion my turbo needed to be rebuild with a new unison ring. Well, low boost issue still exists, although it has slightly improved. I can only make 22-24 psi of boost. Charlie @ KC and TSD both think I should be between 28-32 psi with my build.
New tunes from TSD are in process, but I am still scratching my head as to what the issue with my low boost is. The truck itself runs fine, and really gets moving for what it is - but another 10~ psi would be huge.

I can get out all the details I posted previously (the things I tested), but wondering if anyone else has any idea as to where I should look?

I was told by TSD they've come across this with a few other trucks, and never could find the issue/come to a resolution... which I hope is not the case for myself.

Old 05-09-2019, 12:56 AM
05X
Junior User
Ordered my TSD tunes, had them sent to me in less than 24 hours. Amazing, especially considering they just got back from UCC/Rudy's.

Loaded my SPD w/ Mod Shifts and OD Lockout tune.... GOOD LORD!!! Night and day difference compared to my PHP 140X. ~75% Throttle and the truck pegged 26-27 psi. It was pouring rain out, so it was enough to get the truck sideways and squirrelly. But it already feels like it pulls harder at all RPMs, and is outright stronger at 75% throttle than PHP at 100% throttle. Hopeful I will see 28 psi at WOT, which means I should be at 30-32 PSI at sea level.
I am stocked.

I'll get back with more feedback once I've had some more time at the wheel.

Old 09-01-2019, 09:06 PM
05X
Junior User
Not much been going on, busy all summer selling our house, moving, and buying a new one.
An update of a much deserved, and overdue cleaning.
pre-wax/sealed:
Name:  jUEd2zsh.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  215.4 KB
Name:  WoWN2jlh.jpg
Size:  216.3 KB

After waxed and sealed:
Name:  KnhAXDlh.jpg
Size:  169.7 KB
Name:  fMsXJHIh.jpg
Size:  192.4 KB

New speakers going in tomorrow, Hertz 5x7s 570.3s:
Name:  b2pqjc2h.jpg
Size:  100.2 KB

Subs and amp coming next, then injectors.

Old 12-12-2019, 09:37 AM
05X
Junior User
Got my blue top steering box in today (read plenty of reviews, both redhead and blue top), should be getting it installed soon along with inner and outer tie rods.
Icon rear springs are up next.

Quick Reply: 05X - Slow Build 4x4 05 EB