Bio-Newb - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices

Bio-Newb

Old 02-07-2019, 04:25 PM
kirkharrod
Elder User
kirkharrod has a good reputation on FTE.kirkharrod has a good reputation on FTE.
Every person, who has ever told me making biodiesel or collecting waste vegetable oil was illegal, has had a financial/political interest in minimizing alternative fuel usage, or they wanted to keep it all for themselves. Been in the game 11 years...

My local high school makes biodiesel in a shed in the school parking lot, so I don't think it's against federal law. You know, since the project had to be allowed by the principal, superintendent, etc. The project has been featured on the news and in the newspaper.

PLUS I know companies that run their entire fleet on biodiesel that they create. It's not illegal. that's just nonsense.

Old 02-09-2019, 08:02 PM
speakerfritz
Postmaster
speakerfritz has a good reputation on FTE.speakerfritz has a good reputation on FTE.

According to the local fire code in my area you canít store more than 5 galllons with out a permit.

FC105.6 of the 2014 Fire Code (shown below) includes an alphabetical list of all required Fire Department permits.

Old 02-10-2019, 03:23 AM
'88 E-350
Elder User
'88 E-350 has a good reputation on FTE.'88 E-350 has a good reputation on FTE.'88 E-350 has a good reputation on FTE.
rangernut brought up the making of ethanol being illegal. I pointed out that ethanol isn't used, it's methanol. I then pointed out that distilling is illegal, actually it's regulated and legal with permits, only as it relates to the making of alcohol. I know that there's no distillation involved in the making of bio.

As for kirkharrod's statement; maybe the specific people who told him it's illegal were lying, but there are several laws/regulations regarding it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description: