Ruby Red / Magnetic - Keep the chrome or paint match - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2017+ Super Duty
Reload this Page >

Ruby Red / Magnetic - Keep the chrome or paint match

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Old 11-19-2018, 03:17 PM
Msu50000
New User
Msu50000 is starting off with a positive reputation.

Recently purchased a 2018 Lariat Ruby Red with Magnetic. I am trying to decide between doing a paint matched front end/mirror caps or keeping the chrome. This might be a long shot but, has anyone done the bumper in the lower color(Mag) and the grill/mirrors in the main color (RR) on their two-tone trucks? Any pics?

I did have some Front/Rear emblems painted in Magnetic w/RR lettering. I like how it looks on the tailgate but I'm not sure on the Front with all of the chrome around it...

Pictures were taken before I installed the Husky rear liners, front window tint, magnetic front Super Duty letters, and soon the rear level. Truck just barely fits in the garage, good thing I measured twice.

Old 11-19-2018, 04:49 PM
prsdoc
New User
prsdoc is starting off with a positive reputation.
Truck looks great. I don't have pics with the two tone conversion you're looking for, but I was also thinking of chrome delete on my Lariat as well. No affiliation, but was thinking of a color matched wrap: https://www.colorxlabs.com. Anyone on here have experience with this company? In addition, this way I won't have to have my painted bumper wrapped with a clear bra to prevent stone chips. Can also go back to chrome by simply pulling off the wrap if you don't like it.

Old 11-19-2018, 04:55 PM
TireFryer426
Freshman User
TireFryer426 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have the same color scheme and have been looking at doing some vinlyl wrapping. I didn't get the chrome package, so my mirror caps and door handles are already body colored.
I'm planning on either doing the aftermarket raptor grill, or wrapping the stock one. But I'm not entirely sure about doing the bumpers now. I feel like the wheels need the bumpers to be chrome, or i'd need to plastidip the wheels, too.

I just got the vinyl sample book, if you are interested I can let you know what the closest match to the magnetic and ruby red are.

Old 11-19-2018, 05:06 PM
Msu50000
New User
Thanks guys, didn't think of wrapping it. I checked with a local paint shop and was quoted $1400 NOT including a primed or painted set of bumpers and grill, that I would have to provide. They would paint the grill, bumpers, mirror caps and door handles.

Also didn't think about the wheels, good point. I could embrace the chrome and go with the liquid chrome insters, painted ovals, etc...not sure which route I'd prefer without seeing it done.

Thanks again for the advice .

Old 11-19-2018, 06:35 PM
Tom N OH
Senior User
Tom N OH is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I know some on here hate chrome, but I love it. More is better for me.

Old 11-19-2018, 06:46 PM
Msu50000
New User
Originally Posted by Tom N OH View Post
I know some on here hate chrome, but I love it. More is better for me.
I think I could definitely do the chrome and be happy, wish I could see what both options look like side by side.

Old 11-19-2018, 07:14 PM
69cj
Post Fiend
69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.
With the chrome bumpers you don’t have to worry about stone chips and in my opinion your truck is beautiful just the way it is. Don’t screw with perfection. The only direction you can go is down. JMHO.

Old 11-19-2018, 07:19 PM
Msu50000
New User
Originally Posted by 69cj View Post
With the chrome bumpers you donít have to worry about stone chips and in my opinion your truck is beautiful just the way it is. Donít screw with perfection. The only direction you can go is down. JMHO.
LOL, thanks. How can I argue with that?

Old 11-19-2018, 08:34 PM
Msu50000
New User
Anyone have a link to a source for chrome lettering over the "Ford" logo in the oval?

Old 11-19-2018, 09:56 PM
Section179
Senior User
Section179 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wrapping is viable with an off the shelf color sample.

look around post 112 in the magnetic threat:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...er-duty-8.html

hereís a sample on mine for comparison. Thereís a dude with a wrapped bumper that came out sweet in that thread.

Old 11-19-2018, 09:58 PM
Mkos1980
Senior User
Mkos1980 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I love the chrome..

Old 11-19-2018, 10:22 PM
FlyinAg
Senior User
FlyinAg is starting off with a positive reputation.
Anyone tried wrapping themselves? My new bronze wheels would probably look great with bronze wrapped emblems and the Platinum grill/tailgate wrapped to match me ruby red truck.

Old 11-19-2018, 10:31 PM
snaproll
New User
snaproll is starting off with a positive reputation.
I bought a limited. The painted bumpers freak me out so I bought Xpel to cover the paint. Seems like the hard way to do all this - I mean pickups and chrome bumpers go together like apple pie and, err wait- how bout cocaine and waffles as Cal Naughton Jr. might say.

Old 11-20-2018, 03:51 AM
RubyLariat
New User
RubyLariat is starting off with a positive reputation.

I did Line-X color match on front and rear bumper and black Line-X on the running boards. I went that route cause it was cheaper than paint and I donít have to worry about rock chips. Plus it added a slightly aggressive look to it.

Old 11-20-2018, 09:15 AM
dave91gt
Elder User
dave91gt is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.dave91gt is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by RubyLariat

I did Line-X color match on front and rear bumper and black Line-X on the running boards. I went that route cause it was cheaper than paint and I donít have to worry about rock chips. Plus it added a slightly aggressive look to it.
That looks fantastic!

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.