Floor pans - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Floor pans

Old 11-08-2018, 11:01 PM
Mrln45
Junior User
Mrln45 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Floor pans

I pulled off some cheap repairs from my floor pans and found rusted metal underneath. Iím going to order replacement pieces, might also have to replace the metal a few inches up onto the firewall as well. Is the firewall welded to the floor pans, or is it slightly overlapping with a sealant?

Old 11-09-2018, 03:42 PM
petemcl
Still Learnin'
petemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud of
I'm not sure what year truck you have but '50s are spot welded at the flange. Not sure about sealant but I would add it regardless. On the cabs that I have worked on the worst spot is where the floor meets the A pillar. There is a body mount there too.

A pillar-floor rathole

Clecos help hold the floor in place for welding.

Old 11-09-2018, 04:57 PM
Mrln45
Junior User
Mrln45 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sorry...Itís a Ď52. Yes I saw on diagrams where it looked like that one brace extends from under to firewall out onto the floor pan. It looked like a seam between the 2. I remember my grandpa talking how they would put a block of ice on the floor to cool the cab in summer. I guess that led to a lot of the rust out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.