Notices
2015+ F150 Discuss the 2015 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recent Ford Commercial

Old 11-09-2018, 10:34 AM
CR172
Elder User
CR172 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.CR172 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by GABAR View Post
I don`t know if it`s a V8 in engine in this truck or not but I do know the sound in this video is a V8 and not an TTV6.
It's the fake engine sound that Ford pipes in on the EB's........ I hear it can be turned off via Forscan....

Old 11-09-2018, 04:20 PM
thatdarncat
Junior User
thatdarncat is starting off with a positive reputation.
I didn`t cook anything up but I did observe some things the you and poster "msgtord" either can`t hear and you both have better vision than everyone else and can 100% say that it was a Raptor.
Getting to the end of the video, the sound of the engine in the truck rolling through the desert and right before the actor started talking and when he was talking while driving the truck, that was clearly a V8 and yes, one can see that the truck does have a Raptor front bumper and hood vents but that doesn`t mean that it is a Raptor.
Remember this in your original post? " the truck that was being driven in the desert has some "Raptor" body panels and a V8 engine"
Well GABAR it looks like you said it, yep V-8... look again if you dont believe me...your post says V-8, not inline 6, not 7.3, not 6.0, not even a 2.7! Likewise its called : advertising" they could have dubbed a 1973 gremlin into if they wanted too...its their show to lure the googly eyed spenders in anyway they want.
So you want to flip a diversion into this say I was saying it was a raptor? No way, jack msgtord was wondering how you knew it was a V-8 and I agreed with him, so how you did know?
Please dont flip conversations to save face

Old 11-09-2018, 05:06 PM
johnday
Posting Guru
johnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant futurejohnday has a brilliant future
Come on guys, it's no big deal.

Old 11-09-2018, 05:22 PM
ecoboost12
Senior User
ecoboost12 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Hay Fellows remember the Post of the F-150 V-8 that the Guy had went to great lengths to make it look like a Raptor looks like he spent
1,000 of dollars to make it look like that now that's a Post to look at to soothe our minds.I forget where I saw it.

Old 11-09-2018, 05:57 PM
msgtord
Posting Guru
msgtord is a name known to allmsgtord is a name known to allmsgtord is a name known to allmsgtord is a name known to allmsgtord is a name known to allmsgtord is a name known to all
Please explain to me and anyone else who`s interested how you can as you said "see" if the F150 in this video has a V8 or not.
The video does not show any badging or lack of an ecoboost badge.

Old 11-09-2018, 07:12 PM
GlueGuy
Postmaster
GlueGuy has a very good reputation on FTE.GlueGuy has a very good reputation on FTE.GlueGuy has a very good reputation on FTE.
Jeeze. It's friggin commercial. Having done a few amateur videos on my own, pretty much anything can be fabricated, whether it's true or not.

Old 11-10-2018, 09:05 AM
GABAR
Posting Guru
GABAR is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.GABAR is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by thatdarncat View Post
Remember this in your original post? " the truck that was being driven in the desert has some "Raptor" body panels and a V8 engine"
Well GABAR it looks like you said it, yep V-8... look again if you dont believe me...your post says V-8, not inline 6, not 7.3, not 6.0, not even a 2.7! Likewise its called : advertising" they could have dubbed a 1973 gremlin into if they wanted too...its their show to lure the googly eyed spenders in anyway they want.
So you want to flip a diversion into this say I was saying it was a raptor? No way, jack msgtord was wondering how you knew it was a V-8 and I agreed with him, so how you did know?
Please dont flip conversations to save face
Seems to me you`e the one who`s trying to save face but that`s okay. The V8 was in reference to the sound of the engine in the video. The bottom line is, my initial posting says everything that needed to be said and I wasn`t asking for anyone to "prove" me wrong...period. This was my observation of the commercial and I just wanted to bring a little fun to the forum. Ford has done things like this before. Do you remember "Petunia" ?

Old 11-10-2018, 09:11 AM
storage_man
Senior User
storage_man is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
If you hear the sound of a V8, maybe it isn't. I've heard V8's make all kinds of different sounds. All you have to do is listen to the different sounds posted on most exhaust system MFG's.

Old 11-11-2018, 09:09 PM
cbradford
Post Fiend
cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.
Isn’t the 2020 Raptor going to new 7.0L V8 ?

Old 11-12-2018, 06:36 AM
JKBrad
Postmaster
JKBrad is a name known to allJKBrad is a name known to allJKBrad is a name known to allJKBrad is a name known to allJKBrad is a name known to allJKBrad is a name known to all
There is no new 7.0. Might be a 7.3 gas pushrod engine in Super Duties though.

Old 11-12-2018, 04:41 PM
cbradford
Post Fiend
cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.
Never can trust what you read online!

This is where I got my information:
https://speedtwitch.com/report-2019-...dohc-v8-motor/

Did also read about new 7.3L but is suppose to be an in block cam pushrod motor.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: