1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

A/C compressor alway kicks on

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 09:05 AM
Eddie Baur
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry A/C compressor alway kicks on

I was checking out under the hood today and noticed that my a/c compressor was kicking on and off...the air was off...Does this mean the freon charge is low and the system is trying to keep the charge up? Im almost to the point where im gonna just pull the plug off the damm thing. I loose power and gas milage w/ that compressor clutching every 10 min...anyone have a better idea or is this normal and ive never noticed it before? It seems dum to have the a/c kicking on and off all the time....What do you think? I cant just pull the fuse b-cause its linked to the heater blower also......

Old 09-25-2003, 10:59 AM
Bruce P
Junior User
The air conditioning unit is is also linked to you defrosting requirements to dry the incoming air from outside and keep moisture from condensing on the windeshield.
Check to see that your cab controller isn't on defrost. If it is the air conditioning would be cycling

Old 09-25-2003, 11:12 AM
Eddie Baur
New User
Even when the fan sel...is in the off position....Could be...thanks

Old 09-26-2003, 04:37 PM
plowpusher
Posting Guru
yes even when the fan is off this also helps keep your clutch from siezing from long periods of nonuse and keep your refrigerant system lubed up