fuel line? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines

fuel line?

Old 09-22-2018, 09:40 PM
92blackandblue
New User
92blackandblue is starting off with a positive reputation.
fuel line?

I just dropped the tank to replace the sending unit (wire harness was gone from unit to the first connector, I have no idea where it went) and there is a deteriorated line that runs from the top of the tank forward side, to a tee, then to a hard line along the frame, then back into the top of the tank at the rear. I went to the auto parts store to get a replacement but the only thing they had was heater core hoses that fit. Something just keeps screaming in the back of my head don't do this. Thoughts?

Old 09-22-2018, 10:15 PM
markw365
Junior User
markw365 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ha, I just fixed that line. It looks like some sort of balance tube. It's 1/4" at the fittings, and the frame side is 3/8". Found 1/4" to 3/8" adapter in the hoses section at autozone, got that and a couple feet of 1/4" vacuum line and a couple feet of 3/8" vacuum line. I just sat down from putting the tank back in and pumping the "empty" fuel back into it from the couple new clean homer buckets. If you don't have one, get a super siphon, makes draining or filling the tank a breeze. It's diesel fuel at least mine is, so I'm not too concerned, the old deteriorated stuff was just rubber.

The sending unit lock ring was a bear to get started btw.

Old 09-23-2018, 07:55 AM
speakerfritz
Postmaster
speakerfritz has a good reputation on FTE.speakerfritz has a good reputation on FTE.
Some been there done that advice....if there are any short lines....make them longer.

Had a line that hat looks like it was fitted with bed off and tank in so it always popped out until I added a foot to it.

Old 09-23-2018, 02:43 PM
92blackandblue
New User
92blackandblue is starting off with a positive reputation.
I did make them longer, I was just concerned about fuel melting the lines I guess. I ouldn't find fuel lines for the life of me anywhere and the ones that were on there were so bad they were falling apart as I touched them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.