Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

Mitchell Gear Splitter Length

Old 09-20-2018, 11:00 AM
HyampomJ10
New User
HyampomJ10 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Mitchell Gear Splitter Length

Hey all,

If this question is posted in the wrong forum, let me know and I'll repost elsewhere. But here it goes.
I'm looking to buy and install a Mitchell 2000-A gear splitter (3 speed with under, direct, and overdrives), but am not sure about it fitting under my pickup. It's a '96 F250 extended cab short bed, ZF5 4x4.

The unit I found for sale seems to be a common style to the Mitchell units in that it mounts in place of the driveshaft carrier bearing (splined input, yoke on output). It comes with the top mounting plate, but no crossmember, so I'll have to make one up for it. Unfortunately, I don't have too much room to work with on the one piece rear driveshaft.

Searching has been pretty fruitless as far as dimensions/ length of the gear box since they're out of production and somewhat uncommon. If anyone out there is running one, would you mind taking some quick measurements for me? Also, any experience or info on mounting the unit (possible marriage to xfer case output, how short drivelines would be, etc.) would be great. Thanks in advance!

XW

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.