personal experience comparisons

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 01:36 PM
sprbeast
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

heellooo there.
just got my first SD with the 7.3 (2000) but can't figure out where to spend all my money first. all the talk is about the new programmers but i am not sure what makes more sense. chip and a banks transcommand or just the programmer? does the programmer do sufficient upgrades to the E4OD compared to what i have read about the transcommand? any input on brands for chips/programmers would be helpful. i have searched the forums for info and only found that it is making the decision harder. seems the chips need to be custom burned per application to do it right and the programmers aren't the perfect fix either. they seem to sometimes make the trannys shift worse and sometimes better. woe is me.....
also i had a 92 f-150 and the rancho kit seemed to be the ***** for that series of truck but not spoken much on the SDs. i have a line on a rancho 4" kit with leaves for both axles,brake lines and dropped arm. thought that would be a nice kit and to go with the bilsteins and 315 pro comp T/As any input?
i guess i am not really looking for responses from people that liked their purchases but rather ones that wished they had gone with a different manufacturer or style. but any feedback would be appreciated. thanks in advance!

Old 09-23-2003, 04:59 PM
HeatStroked
Fleet Mechanic
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

1.) Start out with the gauges , Pyro, tranny, Boost.
2.) New intake, Tymar, Ford Severe Duty Kit, etc.
3.) New 4" exhaust, down pipe back.
4.) Then check out chips, programmers, etc.

I have purchased all of the above and have increased horsepower, acceleration, response etc.........no complaints.
1.) Autometer Lunar gauges with "A" pillar mount
2.) K & N filter........questionable amongst many.
3.) Diamond Eye 4" exhaust
4.) Diablo 54/78 power chip
5.) Michelin Tires

This is just a start for many.....tranny mods, filters, lifts, etc.
(Fun money pit)