Best Manifold Selection

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 07:13 AM
stringzus
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Best Manifold Selection

Hi everyone,
I am currently building up a 1979 F100 4WD, bare metal rebuild. I have done a partial rebuild of a clean 460 involving rings, bearings, and some head work. A comp cams 280:280H cam c/w appropriate valve springs, push rods etc. This has a rev range of 2000 - 6200 rpm.
L&L Engine mounts, L&L Tuned length Headers, Pro-Billet Dist, MSD 6AL management. C6 Trans c/w stage 3 shift kit and 2200 heavy duty stall conv.

we are now at the point where the cab is near ready to bolt back on, but we havent chosen an appropriate carb / manifold set up.

I have had some advice of a Weiand Stealth with a Holley 950 PRO, but I would like to be sure before I go and spend the $$$.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what to run on this set up .? Is the Edelbrock 7166 a better manifold ?

Thanks for your time

Old 09-23-2003, 03:30 PM
airharley
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Manifold Selection

The stealth intake has a higher RPM potential compared to what Edlebrock has in a Dual plane design. I run a Stealth and I have been very happy with it. The max HP and TQ your going to see don't warrent using a single plane. You'll only increase it maybe 7 HP and 10 TQ. As for the 950 that sounds like an over kill. Use the CFM calculator and see what your max requirments are going to be. I am going to bet around 745 cfm with a max RPM of 6300.