Notices
2009 - 2014 F150 Discuss the 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tow Mirrors

Old 08-10-2018, 12:34 PM
foolhardly
New User
foolhardly is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question Tow Mirrors

So I have a 2014 F150 XL very basic I've added a factory brake controller now I'm thinking about mirrors. I've been checking the web lots available, seen install vids. Will my basic truck plug and play with power and heated mirrors or am I better of with manual? I live in Minnesota and would really like the heated feature! Any suggestions as to what brand (would love Ford can't afFord) would be appreciated. This has probably been covered before but I can't find the threads just to many answers when I search. Thanks for looking I've already gotten lots of great info from FTE you folks are great!

Old 08-10-2018, 02:55 PM
Siberexpress
Senior User
Siberexpress is starting off with a positive reputation.
If your truck does not have it I don't think they will work without you doing some wiring.

Old 08-10-2018, 06:56 PM
FiveOJester
Senior User
FiveOJester is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.FiveOJester is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I'd recommend getting the Fords. They aren't that much more and much better quality than the aftermarkets. I bought aftermarkets from A1Auto and they didn't fit properly and vibrated. I went with the manual folding. The power folding are $$$ and you have to modify wiring. Mine were plug and play. They are awesome!

I bought them from autonation white bear lake for $171 each.

https://parts.autonationfordwhitebea...MtNWwtdjYtZ2Fz

Old 08-13-2018, 08:48 PM
Ale_Brewer
Freshman User
Ale_Brewer is starting off with a positive reputation.
$171 is cheap! I bought mine at the Ford house in 2011 and they were about $250/ea. I have an XLT but they were plug and play with the heated feature but they are manual folding and manual telescopic. I'm about to trade my truck in though and when I do I'm going to put the original mirrors back on if you are interested in buying some used OEM tow mirrors.

Old 08-14-2018, 02:37 PM
foolhardly
New User
Ale Berwer did your truck have heated mirrors from the factory? Is there a switch to turn them on? I might be interested in your mirrors if the price is right of course. How do I find out if they will work on my truck?
Thanks for the reply.

Old 08-14-2018, 10:17 PM
Ale_Brewer
Freshman User
Originally Posted by foolhardly View Post
Ale Berwer did your truck have heated mirrors from the factory? Is there a switch to turn them on? I might be interested in your mirrors if the price is right of course. How do I find out if they will work on my truck?
Thanks for the reply.
The mirrors that came on the truck were standard size but they did have the integrated turn signal and headed feature. There is a button in the climate control area that turns the heat on to them as well as the rear glass defroster. The new tow mirrors had the exact same plug that the old ones had and they also have integrated turn signals and heated feature, but only on the big mirror, not the convex one.

Old 08-15-2018, 12:03 PM
foolhardly
New User
So it looks like my truck is not equipped to handle the heated mirrors, bummer! Guess I go with the manual set up. Thanks for helping.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:26 PM
Ale_Brewer
Freshman User
Either way, it's the same bolt pattern and mating surface. You could use the tow mirrors but without the heated feature.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: