General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Poor Dale Jarrett

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 11:12 PM
BlueTorpedo85
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poor Dale Jarrett

I just went on his website and read his post race comment for all the races this season. Jeez, I'm depressed, poor Dale. Class act though, never hear a bad word about anyone out of his mouth, it's a shame he's got such bad luck. Anyone else agree, I think DJ needs a hug. Maybe he should race the truck, couldn't do any worse. Lets just hope he finishes strong the rest of the season, please. Hope all you other DJ guys feel the same.

Old 09-22-2003, 11:24 PM
michaeld6638
Senior User
Poor Dale Jarrett

Going to Talladega this weekend, hope he can avoid The Big One and get a good finish. He has had abysmally bad luck this year.

Old 09-23-2003, 07:40 AM
Bruin52
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Poor Dale Jarrett

All those veterans are having some tough luck this year. Dale, Mark Martin, and Ricky Rudd. At least Rudd has been coming on as of late. Like to see him and that #21 team really hook up these last months of racing and build something fierce for next season. Would have liked to seen him rip into Harvick the other week also. Not that I dislike Harvick, he's a great driver, just needs to grow up a little.

Old 09-23-2003, 08:36 AM
BlueTorpedo85
Senior User
Poor Dale Jarrett

Yeah, Harvicks ok I guess, problem is he gets in Dale Earnhards car and he thinks he's Dale Earnhardt

Old 09-23-2003, 05:32 PM
pfogle
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Poor Dale Jarrett

Jarret's got a bad engine builder.... They need someone that's willing to step up to the plate and win some races.

Old 09-24-2003, 10:30 AM
BlueTorpedo85
Senior User
Poor Dale Jarrett

Definetly, it seems like he never has a car. And on the rare occasion he does, it blows up. I don't get how he goes from being 9th and a few bad breaks from top five in the points last year to 27th in the points this year. In the begining of the year when he was doing terrible we would joke around when we put on the race and see Dale in like 37th, I'd be like, what the hell happened to Dale, and my brother would go, He got in the car! But I seriously feel bad for the guy now. On the bright side, at least he's beating Derrick Cope.

Old 09-24-2003, 03:44 PM
95CobraR
Tuned
Poor Dale Jarrett

I wish I knew what the problem is. Is Dale past his prime (and needs to retire)? Is it the Yates program (the #32 hasn't done that well)? The Yates team builds the motors (as well as motors for a bunch of other teams). I know the have had allot of crew changes this year.

I am excited about the #17 team. They have done a great job!! They have a good lead over 6 chebie teams and a couple of German cars. Kurt is the only other Ford team that is having a decent year.

Great job for the Matt Kenseth and the #17 team. I look forward to celebrating your first Champ Trophy.

Old 09-24-2003, 03:50 PM
BlueTorpedo85
Senior User
Poor Dale Jarrett

Yeah Kenseth has just been so gritty this year. Kurt Busch I could care less about, I used to like him but after that whole Jimmy Spencer ordeal I could care less about him.

YOu guys are gonna hate to hear me say this, but Ryan Newman has been having an outstanding season. That boy can race, lets get him in a Ford!

Old 09-24-2003, 03:55 PM
95CobraR
Tuned
Poor Dale Jarrett

Newman raced a Ford on the same team with Rusty Wallace, and somehow Ford lost them (Penske) to Dodge (owned by Germans).

I disagree on Kurt. That was a racing deal. As Kurt said, "he is a has been". Plus, Spencer drives a slow Dodge.

Old 09-24-2003, 05:45 PM
nymo
Senior User
Poor Dale Jarrett

It's got to be Matt's year. He's dodged (no pun intended) so many bullets this year that he's got to be meant to be Champ.

As far as Jarrett; they've changed about everything other than giving him the big brown truck. I hope they sort it out pretty quick. Kenseth must be using up some of Dale's share of good luck.

Old 09-24-2003, 05:52 PM
fordeverpower
Postmaster
Poor Dale Jarrett

i'll say harvick is a punk! I remember was the the quality care car had tons of power and yates was on top of there game.

Old 09-24-2003, 07:05 PM
michaeld6638
Senior User
Poor Dale Jarrett

Yeah ya gotta hand it to the #17 team...they can turn crappy running cars into top 10 finishes. Dale Earnhardt had a knack for doing that too. And if the #12 bunch didn't have that string of bad luck early in the season (not to mention the kill switch incident-that's gotta hurt), they'd be right up there with Kenseth & Co.

Old 09-24-2003, 07:07 PM
fordeverpower
Postmaster
Poor Dale Jarrett

"if" If i wasn't poor i would be rich!

Old 09-24-2003, 09:19 PM
mustange70
Post Fiend
Poor Dale Jarrett

Yates has had quite a few internal problems this year and i believe thats more than likely the problem.

Old 09-25-2003, 05:43 AM
truckertaz
Posting Guru
I have been a DJ fan for many many years (since he drove for interstate batteries if that tells u how long lol) He has had some serious family issues and the RYR team other than the publicised death of Parkers wife have had many internal problems....

As far as Kurt Busch goes, he is a punk who deserves to get punched in the face and I wish every driver who is "a has been" would do it to him. If he fell off the earth i would be a happy man lol.. Just my $0.02 please send hate mail to youraddress@yourhouse.com lol

Quick Reply: Poor Dale Jarrett