2019 - 2023 Ranger Everything about the new 2019-2023 Ford Ranger.

2019 Ford Ranger towing capacity

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 08:32 AM
2.7EcoBoost
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FordBlueHeart

I agree, this supposed to be about towing capacity, not some ignorant poster's inability to understand how insurance companies work, where body shops purchase parts (it isn't online), or the incessant need to cling to one aspect of my post talking about pricing (which didn't mention F150 or any other vehicles), despite my apology for stating I may have been wrong (then I researched pricing for 2 minutes and found proof I was correct.)
Keep your head in the sand, you've already proven to me you don't contribute anything useful to FTE, except your uninformed opinion.
Maybe I will start a thread. I'll call it, "How ignorant people can and do affect how vehicles are ordered, based on the glitz and glamour of sales media, not the complete picture of need, want and cost of ownership. "
You're welcome to post in it. Sure will make it easier to prove a point.
Ford shouldn't make first in class safety features standard or available based on ignorant people like me wanting them. Good point. Thanks for sharing.

Old 08-12-2018, 09:52 AM
FordBlueHeart
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2.7EcoBoost
Ford shouldn't make first in class safety features standard or available based on ignorant people like me wanting them. Good point. Thanks for sharing.
You're right. They shouldn't be standard.
It should be an option though, for those who aren't aware of what's going going on around them and may feel the need to text/surf the internet/ read a book/watch a movie while driving. Or just haven't learned how to drive a truck with a larger trailer. Or because towing limits are like horsepower wars, they are towing a trailer that should be reserved for a larger class of vehicle.

But hey, it's the American Way to force crap down our throats because of a minute few, but very vocal group that think they know what everyone else needs.

Old 08-12-2018, 11:47 AM
2.7EcoBoost
Senior User
You're right. They shouldn't be standard.
It should be an option though, for those who aren't aware of what's going going on around them and may feel the need to text/surf the internet/ read a book/watch a movie while driving. Or just haven't learned how to drive a truck with a larger trailer. Or because towing limits are like horsepower wars, they are towing a trailer that should be reserved for a larger class of vehicle.

But hey, it's the American Way to force crap down our throats because of a minute few, but very vocal group that think they know what everyone else needs.
It is probably cheaper to make it standard equipment on upper trims. Maybe a better sales pitch? Maybe Ford thinks everyone is incompetent like you do? I tow and I'd like it. I do none of the things you described. But, i have never broken a taillight so clearly I'm a bad example.

Old 08-12-2018, 12:41 PM
FordBlueHeart
Logistics Pro
The only one here that's incompetent is yourself. You see, twenty years working in the business has allowed me to gain knowledge through training, certification, and on the job experience. Not just anecdotal evidence like, "I've never broken a tail light, derp."
Yes, Ford does make it standard across certain packages to cut costs. This has been SOP for quite a while, but they have still differentiated amongst the higher trim levels with smaller grouped together options like a "technology pkg." Aka 501A or 502A. When someone starts making blanket statements about what other people "need", I feel it's only right that I propose to look at the entire picture, not just through a narrow minded, "it's all about me" point of view.
I'm happy you've never broken a tail light in 27 years. I commend you for having the confidence in your insurance company to believe they won't drop you if you make numerous $100 deductible claims. That's fine for you and I'm sure your very successful in your life, but don't start lambasting me when I drop some knowledge on you that you simply can't comprehend.

Old 08-12-2018, 03:53 PM
2.7EcoBoost
Senior User
The only one here that's incompetent is yourself. You see, twenty years working in the business has allowed me to gain knowledge through training, certification, and on the job experience. Not just anecdotal evidence like, "I've never broken a tail light, derp."
Yes, Ford does make it standard across certain packages to cut costs. This has been SOP for quite a while, but they have still differentiated amongst the higher trim levels with smaller grouped together options like a "technology pkg." Aka 501A or 502A. When someone starts making blanket statements about what other people "need", I feel it's only right that I propose to look at the entire picture, not just through a narrow minded, "it's all about me" point of view.
I'm happy you've never broken a tail light in 27 years. I commend you for having the confidence in your insurance company to believe they won't drop you if you make numerous $100 deductible claims. That's fine for you and I'm sure your very successful in your life, but don't start lambasting me when I drop some knowledge on you that you simply can't comprehend.
You're pretty funny dude. Every post you make you feel the need to reiterate your credentials. You resort to name calling "derp" etc. I have never said my or anyone else's insurance company wouldn't drop them after "numerous $100 deductible claims". You insinuated that. You try and twist everything to make your statements look like facts. In your 20 year's how many people have you seen with numerous broken taillight claims? 1? Zero? How many? That was your whole argument. It's a bad argument, you look like a clown so you start personal attacks. Your pissed that Ford is making BLIS standard on XLT and higher trims. You're "knowledge through training and experience" has failed you. YOU are the one to have made blanket statements that people who want these features are incompetent people who text and do other unsafe acts while driving. YOU have claimed that backup cameras and sensors have led to accidents. You, not me tough guy. You must work at one heck of a body shop to have gained all this knowledge.

Old 08-12-2018, 03:56 PM
2.7EcoBoost
Senior User
Originally Posted by YoGeorge
Safety features are cheaper if they are put on whole car lines and will soon be expected by buyers. Ford is trying to be "leading edge" with its products and safety is a legitimate selling point. If people can't back up in their vehicle without hitting stuff often, they should pay higher insurance rates because they are a higher risk. Especially bad if they run over a kid on a tricycle.

Here's a very recent article from the Detroit Free Press with a specific section on Ford's plans for "Co Pilot 360": https://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...les/877213002/
Thank's. Nice to get an informative, common sense post.

Old 08-12-2018, 04:02 PM
FordBlueHeart
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by 2.7EcoBoost
You're pretty funny dude. Every post you make you feel the need to reiterate your credentials. You resort to name calling "derp" etc. I have never said my or anyone else's insurance company wouldn't drop them after "numerous $100 deductible claims". You try and twist everything to make your statements look like facts. In your 20 year's how many people have you seen with numerous broken taillight claims? 1? Zero? Your pissed that Ford is making BLIS standard on XLT and higher trim. You're "knowledge through training and experience" has failed you. YOU have made blanket statements that people who want these features are incompetent people who text and do other unsafe acts while driving. YOU have claimed that backup cameras and sensors have led to accidents. You, not me though guy. You must work at one heck of a body shop to have gained all this knowledge.
Your whole post is incoherent drivel. Anyone here can go back and read the posts and see who is posting what. I'm done with stooping to your level and relying on your thoroughly insufficient reading comprehension to understand what was posted.
If it makes you feel better, you win!

Old 08-12-2018, 04:19 PM
2.7EcoBoost
Senior User
Your whole post is incoherent drivel. Anyone here can go back and read the posts and see who is posting what. I'm done with stooping to your level and relying on your thoroughly insufficient reading comprehension to understand what was posted.
If it makes you feel better, you win!
I am pretty sure any one reading your nonsense knows you don't ever "win". Thank's for admitting such. Don't you have some broken tail lights to fix? I hear from a reputable source with year's of knowledge that they are in high demand!

Old 08-14-2018, 06:16 PM
ODwyerPW
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I remember way back when I was looking at a 2004 Chevrolet Colorado LS Z85 CrewCab 4WD.. with the 3.5l 5cyl (in later years they increased the displacement to 3.7) and 4spd auto w OD. I recall the towing capacity was something like 4200lbs. It was just tight enough that it swayed me to go for a 2004 F150 STX 4WD w/ the 4.6l V8 (they didn't offer the 5.4l 3valve engine on the STX at that point... and I wasn't prepared to splurge for an XLT to step up to it. ), The STX lacked power windows and power locks therefore was just sitting on the dealers lot for a while.... Got it for something like $17,000. Strange truck... Trailer hitch, fog lights, cruise control, Alloy wheels, CD Stereo, Automatic, 4WD, spray-in bedliner, mudflaps, etc.... But no power windows and locks... Seemed a ridiculous cost cutting measure.

Anyway, point is I can't imagine the Ranger in a Crew Cab config w/ 4WD would be suitable for towing more than 6000lbs...

Old 08-16-2018, 09:11 PM
88XLTLariat
More Turbo
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Best towing 2019: Every truck ranked Ford says they'll meet or beat Chevy and GMC's max. tow rating of 7700 lbs.

Old 09-11-2018, 01:59 PM
CJ455
Freshman User
Originally Posted by 88XLTLariat
Best towing 2019: Every truck ranked Ford says they'll meet or beat Chevy and GMC's max. tow rating of 7700 lbs.
Thanks for sharing that! Now I am super excited. Let's hope they beat Chevy and GMC's max

Old 09-11-2018, 09:07 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by CJ455
Thanks for sharing that! Now I am super excited. Let's hope they beat Chevy and GMC's max
FWIW - I got to see a few Rangers when I was overseas this summer. Too bad we won't get the diesel or the "5-speed" manual here.

Old 09-12-2018, 12:32 PM
CJ455
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Dakster
FWIW - I got to see a few Rangers when I was overseas this summer. Too bad we won't get the diesel or the "5-speed" manual here.
That's a bummer!

Old 09-12-2018, 06:17 PM
Fingers 351
Junior User
We get the MT82 in the Ranger as the manual choice, and the 6R80 as the automatic with the 3.2L and 2.2L diesel engines.
We will soon have the 10R80, but only behind the 2.0L Bi-turbo diesel.

Old 09-13-2018, 11:43 AM
2.7EcoBoost
Senior User
IDK, but I'm ready for some specs on this thing already. It's the middle of September. Give us the mpg and towing specs already!!

Quick Reply: 2019 Ford Ranger towing capacity