Off Road Pics: Let's See Yours - Page 3 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2017+ Super Duty
Reload this Page >

Off Road Pics: Let's See Yours

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Off Road Pics: Let's See Yours

Old 06-15-2018, 12:30 AM
Beast2017
Senior User
Beast2017 has a good reputation on FTE.Beast2017 has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by ERock62 View Post
Good old Azusa Cyn!
yup yup good times right there

Old 06-15-2018, 12:34 AM
Beast2017
Senior User
Beast2017 has a good reputation on FTE.Beast2017 has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by ERock62 View Post
Good old Azusa Cyn!
Originally Posted by f350ktm View Post
Yup, those definitly qualify for off road!!

I think I'll let my new F350 season a bit more before I take on the mud bog challenge.
lol you know the jimmy had a bad axel a few months ago and my kids wanted to go check out the canyon.so we went in the 17 f350 Still canít get that fine silt/ dust/ they call mud off my frame!! Iíve sprayed degreaser and pressure washed the frame and it still there in some spots but yeah I know what you mean lol

Old 06-16-2018, 09:48 AM
TX Crawler
Freshman User
TX Crawler is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'll play....

Old 06-17-2018, 09:03 AM
f350ktm
Elder User
f350ktm is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by TX Crawler View Post
Great pic.

We have a rock crawling area 2 hours from here called Moonrocks.

It's one of the areas we stage at with motorcycles so we have been entertained watching the crawlers many times.

Old 06-26-2018, 09:50 PM
Rogue F350
Junior User
Rogue F350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Not hardcore offroad, but here is a picture of my f350 at Ford Creek in Glacier National Park on the way back from Kintla Lake close to the Canadian border.

It was an awesome trip. I love Montana!

Old 06-26-2018, 09:54 PM
Sonny Crockett
Senior User
Sonny Crockett is starting off with a positive reputation.
Nice. Montana is fantastic.

Old 06-28-2018, 09:22 AM
f350ktm
Elder User
Originally Posted by Rogue F350 View Post
Not hardcore offroad, but here is a picture of my f350 at Ford Creek in Glacier National Park on the way back from Kintla Lake close to the Canadian border.

It was an awesome trip. I love Montana!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice pic Rogue, I can see you enjoy photography also.

We rode through the Flathead Valley in British Columbia (north Kintla Lake you mentioned) on an off road trip in the fall of 2016.

We were riding Flathead Valley Road South to North with the goal of reaching Crowsnest by sundown. This is a very remote area, did not see a soul for 100 miles.

Some plans just don't work out on this type of ride. At one point Flathead Valley Rd crosses the river.

Not that day, the bridge was washed out...

Tough choice here. Try to cross or turn around for a very long ride out late in the day with a storm blowing in. Crowsnest was not that far if we crossed.

The river was maybe only a foot deep but the bed was large round boulders. Water flow was not an issue.
We spoke for awhile of crossing but without another bike with us the thought of dropping that bike in the river brought us to decide on a turn around.

We decided to ride out west to Morrissey praying to the fuel gods as the rain started coming down, I had a one liter spare bottle on board but we were running low.
Things went well and the spare fuel was not needed.

Flathead Valley is beautiful, teeming with wildlife.

Old 06-28-2018, 10:09 PM
Rogue F350
Junior User
Rogue F350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by f350ktm View Post
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice pic Rogue, I can see you enjoy photography also.

We rode through the Flathead Valley in British Columbia (north Kintla Lake you mentioned) on an off road trip in the fall of 2016.

We were riding Flathead Valley Road South to North with the goal of reaching Crowsnest by sundown. This is a very remote area, did not see a soul for 100 miles.

Some plans just don't work out on this type of ride. At one point Flathead Valley Rd crosses the river.

Not that day, the bridge was washed out...

Tough choice here. Try to cross or turn around for a very long ride out late in the day with a storm blowing in. Crowsnest was not that far if we crossed.

The river was maybe only a foot deep but the bed was large round boulders. Water flow was not an issue.
We spoke for awhile of crossing but without another bike with us the thought of dropping that bike in the river brought us to decide on a turn around.

We decided to ride out west to Morrissey praying to the fuel gods as the rain started coming down, I had a one liter spare bottle on board but we were running low.
Things went well and the spare fuel was not needed.

Flathead Valley is beautiful, teeming with wildlife.
Now that is an awesome story. I glad to hear it worked out. It can get tense when no one is around if something goes wrong. I would have continued north, but North Fork road is closed at the border. :-)

Old 06-28-2018, 10:52 PM
djjoshuad
Posting Guru
djjoshuad is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.djjoshuad is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
all of these scenic pics are making me very, very jealous. My wife is from Alaska, and we visit occasionally. Her dad still lives in a tiny town in northern BC. In fact we'll be there and in the Yukon for most of August. I just won't be able to bring my truck . I'd much, much rather have it there for all the fun but the drive from Dallas would be ridiculous. Instead of exploring in the super duty I will be staying on the roads in a rented minivan. If that were happening in any other part of the world I'd probably be embarrassed... but I'm pretty sure all the overwhelmingly beautiful nature will keep me distracted

Old 07-04-2018, 12:17 AM
Alaskan_Warbird
Posting Guru
Alaskan_Warbird has a great reputation on FTE.Alaskan_Warbird has a great reputation on FTE.Alaskan_Warbird has a great reputation on FTE.Alaskan_Warbird has a great reputation on FTE.Alaskan_Warbird has a great reputation on FTE.
Our latest adventure. Went to the end of a road, a road that is practically "off-roading it" a lot of the time, then drove off road to get to this camp site. The host referred to it as "the best camp site in North America". You be the judge.

The glacier is the Kennecott. In front of it, all those black looking mounds are part of the lateral moraine of the Root glacier. In the very far left of the first pic, toward the bottom, you can just make out part of a glacial lake that has formed in the last decade. 15 years ago, that lake didn't exist and what you see as the moraine in these pictures was much higher.

We hiked from the ghost town/abandoned mine of Kennecott all the way to the head of the Root glacier. It was amazing.

Again, I know this is a bit different "off-roading" than normal. Personally, I think it's extreme enough to include (taking 7+ tons of Super Duty + camper + gear where most would be afraid to drive their pretty pavement princesses). I hope you don't mind.

Old 07-04-2018, 10:06 AM
Professor Fate
New User
Professor Fate is starting off with a positive reputation.
Last year by Silverton and Ouray CO, pull both toys down there on a 22' flatbed:

Old 07-04-2018, 12:30 PM
f350ktm
Elder User
Originally Posted by Alaskan_Warbird View Post
....Again, I know this is a bit different "off-roading" than normal. Personally, I think it's extreme enough to include (taking 7+ tons of Super Duty + camper + gear where most would be afraid to drive their pretty pavement princesses). I hope you don't mind.
No worries here, your pics are awesome. Off roading is off roading.

It matters not to me the venue nor the vehicle.

More often than not our Super Duty like yours is the method by which we get to where the real off roading begins.

Old 07-04-2018, 01:05 PM
davew593
Junior User
davew593 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Great pics Warbird!!! I was in Mc Carthy last summer. It was an amazing ride up there. The Wrangell St Elias Range was by far my favorite.

Stay safe up there.

Old 07-04-2018, 01:24 PM
f350ktm
Elder User
Originally Posted by Professor Fate View Post
Last year by Silverton and Ouray CO, pull both toys down there on a 22' flatbed:
Great pictures!

We did a 4,000 mile ride exploring much of Colorado's off road areas on our BMW GS a couple of years ago. I could spend many weeks in Colorado riding, so much to explore.

From much longer ago but the last time I have been off roading near Silverton.

It was June of 2003 and my '02 7.3 liter F350 was on it's first long tow. This our campsite above Silverton where we staged for our rides...

My wife rids a Quad, all these pics above Silverton...

I did a solo ride over Stony Pass that day and got a little lost, ended up getting back to the trailer after dark. Today even 15 years later I am still hearing from the wife on that one. It was supposed to be a short ride. That is an '02 KTM 525...

Old 07-04-2018, 01:34 PM
Alaskan_Warbird
Posting Guru
Alaskan_Warbird has a great reputation on FTE.Alaskan_Warbird has a great reputation on FTE.Alaskan_Warbird has a great reputation on FTE.Alaskan_Warbird has a great reputation on FTE.Alaskan_Warbird has a great reputation on FTE.
Awesome pics, folks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Off Road Pics: Let's See Yours

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.