Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: liftnw8z

The PA Chapter's "All Summer Long" June 2018 Chat and B/S Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 10:03 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts
The PA Chapter's "All Summer Long" June 2018 Chat and B/S Thread

Month #6 gets started in about an hour as we head into June already. We kick it right off with an event as Ford Nationals gets underway today at the Carlisle Fairgrounds. I'll be there tomorrow (Saturday) parked in among the Pre-2004 Modified Trucks, so if you manage to catch me stop in and say hello. If you've never been to Ford, it's a diverse show with not just trucks but a whole lot of different types of cars as well as this year they're featuring some Ford tractors and such as well. Weather might be a bit iffy, but what's that saying that the kids are saying now - "don't be silly, I'm still gonna send it" ?

Anyhow, I'm tired, been waxing all evening, so I'm letting it there. You guys know what to do, so do it.

Old 05-31-2018, 10:15 PM
JKru
Cargo Master
Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts
I feel so weird saying hello on the June thread in May.... But, I just walked in from the last game of the day. The weather held out wonderfully for all of the sporting events we had scheduled. We even sneaked in an inning of my nephew's game!

Oh! And the local high school team won the 6A District Championship last night! Now it's on to States! Go Canon-Mac!

Goodbye, May. Hello, June!

Old 06-01-2018, 03:12 AM
BIGKEN
Received 7,107 Likes on 4,191 Posts
Good morning PA Peoples...Welcome to June. Once again I;m the first poster of the month...I wonder what my prize is???

Old 06-01-2018, 05:20 AM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr

Received 137 Likes on 133 Posts
Good morning and have a sunny great June and fantastic first Friday PA

Old 06-01-2018, 07:00 AM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,098 Likes on 998 Posts
Good morning PA and early risers. Stay dry !

Old 06-01-2018, 07:03 AM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Morning folks, happy Friday.

Jason - believe me, it seemed weird posting the thread as early as I did (I usually tend to wait til the last minute...lol) but it was on my mind so I figured I'd get to it while it was fresh.

Old 06-01-2018, 07:53 AM
svolpone
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
what up my hommies? it's friday, so that's a good thing. Good luck at the show, Bill. Can't run up there this year because my sister is in town from Montana.

Old 06-01-2018, 08:08 AM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Morning Steve and thanks. It's "participant voted" so, it'll be what it'll be.

Old 06-01-2018, 09:06 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
Good morning PA Ford fans, and my fellow wandering riff raff, happy June! Bill, I always start mine the day before, too many other buffoons will start it for me, otherwise! Should be a good day of work on the trucks. Black is getting her carpets cleaned, and I’ll be working on the 67’s frame.

Old 06-01-2018, 09:28 AM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Originally Posted by 67nukeford
Good morning PA Ford fans, and my fellow wandering riff raff, happy June! Bill, I always start mine the day before, too many other buffoons will start it for me, otherwise! Should be a good day of work on the trucks. Black is getting her carpets cleaned, and I’ll be working on the 67’s frame.
Morning Pat. Usually no one does that to me, but, I'm not always that far "off" in terms of getting a thread going.

I'm already seeing pics from Ford Nationals, so my drive to actually work today is nil...lol.

Old 06-01-2018, 11:22 AM
JKru
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by BIGKEN
Good morning PA Peoples...Welcome to June. Once again I;m the first poster of the month...I wonder what my prize is???
That's debatable this month, Ken, but you can claim the prize if if helps you feel better!

Long morning! I almost forgot that I had the Super scheduled for an inspection this morning since the previous one expired yesterday. I got there only to realize that my registration & insurance cards both grew legs.... 25 minutes online & $6 poorer, we were back in business! I should have gotten to work about 90 minutes late today, but ended up missing the whole morning. At least I got some work done on my phone though. As a bonus, the tech gave me August sticker which gives me extra time next year for the next inspection & gets my inspection closer to lining up with my registration that expires in November. I hate the way they changed that a couple of years ago.

As an extra bonus, I talked to the owner of the dealership about his shop floor while waiting for my inspection & lined up an appointment for one of our sales reps to meet with him & discuss options for improving it!

Actually, the more I think about today, the better it gets. It's Friday. It's lunchtime. The wife & I are partying on the river & at Kenny Chesney at Heinz Field tomorrow! Woot!!!

Old 06-01-2018, 11:35 AM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

My plates and inspection almost never line up anymore...lol. I think the Expedition is the only one close - both being in January.

Old 06-01-2018, 01:17 PM
JKru
Cargo Master
Yeah. I bought it on the last day of November, so the registration expires every Nov 30th, but it had a May sticker on it when I bought it. Since today is actually June, he was able to put an August sticker on it. He said to bring it back on September 1st next year & he'll throw a November sticker on it then.

I bought the wife's new in 2011 when the old law was still in effect, so they threw a new sticker on it that day & it has always lined up with the registration.

Not sure why my brain won't separate the two....

Old 06-01-2018, 01:36 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

I hear ya. This all reminds me that the registration's up on the OBS at the end of June...I better get that paid for...lol.

Old 06-01-2018, 02:09 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,098 Likes on 998 Posts
Down here they email me a notice when registration is due about a 30-60 days prior and I can do everything over the internet. Including drivers license.The only thing I have to do at a station is the emissions every 3 years. on the car. The diesel doen't have to be done in MD.

Quick Reply: The PA Chapter's "All Summer Long" June 2018 Chat and B/S Thread