6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

2011 F350 with 513K miles on original 6.7

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 08:03 PM
texinwa
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 F350 with 513K miles on original 6.7

I had a hot-shotter come to my house recently to pick up some parts. He had a 2011 F350 dually with 513K miles on the original engine and transmission and axles. He has had no mechanical issues, changes the oil every 5-7K miles, flushes the tranny every 30K. The emission equipment has not been touched from the factory and he said he has had one sensor go out over the life of the truck. Will upload pics as soon as I can figure out how to get them off my phone.

Old 05-29-2018, 08:21 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,416 Likes on 1,011 Posts
interested in more details.

Old 05-30-2018, 11:25 AM
KC8QVO
Cargo Master
Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Interested. This might be a good thread. I assume the front end has had some work also - tie rods, bushings, hubs, etc.

Old 06-01-2018, 03:50 AM
Wdhigh
Freshman User
Impressive if it’s original cp4!

Old 06-01-2018, 04:07 AM
KC8QVO
Cargo Master
Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Old 06-01-2018, 12:42 PM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 534 Likes on 258 Posts
Would like to see the pics as well. But I don't doubt these engines can go that long, especially with a lot of highway miles...towing also cuts down on active regens.

Old 06-03-2018, 12:45 PM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Received 6,375 Likes on 4,633 Posts
Subscribed as well.

Old 06-03-2018, 08:50 PM
Joe/GA
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Subscribing, too.

Old 06-05-2018, 02:29 AM
Jason Majors
New User
2012 with 546k

I have a 2012 with 546k all original besides the radiator of course. Now the egr delete was done around 350k. Besides that I only had to do a few minor things like wheel bearings and the was play when I locked in 4 wheel drive. Besides that every mechanic who has inspected my truck has said they never seen a truck with as many miles be so clean. As a matter of fact I just had a mechanic scope my block and go over everything with a fine tooth comb and he said that my truck is very clean and told me the way it looked internally it could go well over a million miles. This mechanic is a very reputable ford dealership mechanic. I will say maintaining your truck is key and I always use Lucas. I thought I blew a head gasket and it was a o ring that caused me issues. Also had issues with my tranny shifting which one would think either pressure pump or valve body. Well it was my batteries were dated and they were weak. Every time I let my truck sit and started it up it wanted to shift straight into 5th. I am learning you just have to find the right mechanic who has your best interest. I could have easily been persuaded to do a complete swap for a newer motor and tranny but thats not the case. I also hot shot and ford gas something right with this 6.7 and I hope to have another.

Old 06-05-2018, 11:38 AM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Originally Posted by Jason Majors
I have a 2012 with 546k all original besides the radiator of course. Now the egr delete was done around 350k. Besides that I only had to do a few minor things like wheel bearings and the was play when I locked in 4 wheel drive. Besides that every mechanic who has inspected my truck has said they never seen a truck with as many miles be so clean. As a matter of fact I just had a mechanic scope my block and go over everything with a fine tooth comb and he said that my truck is very clean and told me the way it looked internally it could go well over a million miles. This mechanic is a very reputable ford dealership mechanic. I will say maintaining your truck is key and I always use Lucas. I thought I blew a head gasket and it was a o ring that caused me issues. Also had issues with my tranny shifting which one would think either pressure pump or valve body. Well it was my batteries were dated and they were weak. Every time I let my truck sit and started it up it wanted to shift straight into 5th. I am learning you just have to find the right mechanic who has your best interest. I could have easily been persuaded to do a complete swap for a newer motor and tranny but thats not the case. I also hot shot and ford gas something right with this 6.7 and I hope to have another.
What's your maintenance schedule been, for example, OCI and tranny fluid change? Did you ever have the DPF serviced? Did you totally delete at 350k with the EGR? Just curious to know what you've done. Congrats BTW on getting to over 500k miles.

Old 06-05-2018, 11:15 PM
Jason Majors
New User
Complete delete

I had the complete delete done. Got rid of all that def bull crap. Had the exhaust done and made to look back stock. As far as maintenance oil change every 10k. I use rotella and add a half bottle of Lucas additive for the oil. Then I flush the tranny every 40 to 50 k. I use Lucas religiously in everything in the truck.

Old 06-08-2018, 10:16 AM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Originally Posted by Jason Majors
I had the complete delete done. Got rid of all that def bull crap. Had the exhaust done and made to look back stock. As far as maintenance oil change every 10k. I use rotella and add a half bottle of Lucas additive for the oil. Then I flush the tranny every 40 to 50 k. I use Lucas religiously in everything in the truck.
Smart move on using stock exhaust and tying the "rocket ship" back together to maintain legal look. What are you using for tuner and tuning? About flushing the tranny, I'm close to 30k and will do it then. Probably overkill because I don't have a plow or camper yet, but a couple cases of Mercon LV is a lot cheaper than a tranny is down the line. So you've used Lucas since the truck has been new? What else do you use it for?

Old 06-08-2018, 10:23 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 534 Likes on 258 Posts
Originally Posted by Overkill2
Smart move on using stock exhaust and tying the "rocket ship" back together to maintain legal look.
I don't think anyone will be fooled. A deleted truck even with with a hollowed out DPF still sounds a lot gruffer, smells like a diesel, and will have black on the inside of the exhaust tips.

Old 06-08-2018, 12:05 PM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Originally Posted by troverman
I don't think anyone will be fooled. A deleted truck even with with a hollowed out DPF still sounds a lot gruffer, smells like a diesel, and will have black on the inside of the exhaust tips.
I get that and all tunes, I imagine, are different. Some maybe add more fuel than others. I remember seeing a video of a deleted 6.7 on You Tube where the dude showed him accelerating from a stop and a small amount of smoke was visible; not a lot though. I'm sure it depends on how heavy your foot is. No doubt on the sound, exhaust tips and smell though.

I'm not interested in deleting anyhow. I live in New York, which uses the CARB laws. They only smog in the New York City area as far as I know but not around the Buffalo area. But I do know of a guy getting a summons around my area for having a deleted Super Duty 6.7 from a State Dept of Conservation officer.

Old 06-08-2018, 01:32 PM
4Wheelgreg
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats great over 500k , I did that with a couple of my old 12 valve cummins , my last Ford was a 2001 with the 7.3 and sold with a little over 300k but have not had a Ford with a Diesel since then .
Just picked up a 2016 F-450 Pick-up with 12k seems to be a nice truck and hope it will see 500k , I just started to gather my EGR / DEF Delete parts for down the road I see that to be the weakest part to give problems with this truck .

Quick Reply: 2011 F350 with 513K miles on original 6.7