Impressive Truck - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Impressive Truck

Old 05-22-2018, 08:21 PM
edzakory
Elder User
edzakory is a name known to alledzakory is a name known to alledzakory is a name known to alledzakory is a name known to alledzakory is a name known to alledzakory is a name known to all
Impressive Truck

Just about every time I go to a car show a vehicle is on exhibit that displays the extraordinary talent of the owner. The truck below left me in awe. All the engineering, design, fabrication, engine, and transmission were done by the owner. By the time I stopped talking to him, my head was spinning. I cannot even repeat some of the challenges he faced and the solutions he came up with. I could not even identify the engine due to its 40 degree offset.

For those Ford purists, this picture may give you enough to ID the engine. He needs 120 octane to run the engine!

Old 05-22-2018, 09:01 PM
56panelford
Posting Legend
56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
Some serious coin went into that build, did you get any more pics of it..?

Old 05-23-2018, 08:02 AM
ReForder
Elder User
ReForder has a great reputation on FTE.ReForder has a great reputation on FTE.ReForder has a great reputation on FTE.ReForder has a great reputation on FTE.
The craftsmanship and detail on that are insane (particular the rear)!! Can't imagine what it costs him in chrome polish and labor to keep that clean.

Old 05-23-2018, 08:22 AM
5851a
Elder User
5851a is starting off with a positive reputation.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:48 AM
Mixer man
Posting Guru
Mixer man is a splendid one to beholdMixer man is a splendid one to beholdMixer man is a splendid one to beholdMixer man is a splendid one to beholdMixer man is a splendid one to beholdMixer man is a splendid one to beholdMixer man is a splendid one to behold
Talking Whoa!

That differential and rear suspension gave me a woodie.

Old 05-23-2018, 09:04 AM
edzakory
Elder User
edzakory is a name known to alledzakory is a name known to alledzakory is a name known to alledzakory is a name known to alledzakory is a name known to alledzakory is a name known to all
The owner admitted he put some massive coin into this machine. He completely rebuilt the C6 transmission with titanium parts to handle the torque. He started the engine and even though he told me he had mufflers, it was like standing next to a AA fuel dragster.
5851a - You nailed it!. It's a 1965 Ford 427 SOHC. Of course, there are extensive modifications; too many to list.

Old 05-23-2018, 09:35 AM
5851a
Elder User
5851a is starting off with a positive reputation.
If this is the guy's hobby, where does he work? Quite a masterpiece!

Old 05-23-2018, 11:18 AM
firstrider
Postmaster
firstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to behold
That is just plain BAD *** !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-23-2018, 02:34 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
underthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputation
Wow, now that is really something to say the least. A lot of love, thought, money, and, talent sitting right there. Double wow!

Old 05-23-2018, 04:34 PM
tug captian
Freshman User
tug captian is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yeah SOHC engine with a 6-71 on it. Top pulley is pretty big can't see the lower but wouldn't think it's huge, so I suspect not much boost out of that but look fabulous. Cam driven dry sump and magneto so no accessory belts. Whole lot of work there.

Old 05-23-2018, 06:32 PM
CharlieLed
Post Fiend
CharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant future
I admire this truck as I would a ship in a bottle...great deal of time and attention spent but I can't for the life of me figure out why.
I am sure that there is an interesting backstory here...

Old 05-23-2018, 08:01 PM
edzakory
Elder User
Originally Posted by CharlieLed View Post
I admire this truck as I would a ship in a bottle...great deal of time and attention spent but I can't for the life of me figure out why.
I am sure that there is and interesting backstory here...

I asked the owner what he did for a living, his answer - I am a Dumb A$$.

I asked myself the same question. I have no rhyme or reason why someone would spend that much time and money building this truck.

The best answer I found is the following:

Old 05-23-2018, 09:21 PM
matthewq4b
Posting Guru
matthewq4b has a great reputation on FTE.matthewq4b has a great reputation on FTE.matthewq4b has a great reputation on FTE.matthewq4b has a great reputation on FTE.matthewq4b has a great reputation on FTE.
I like that he used the rare Autolite in line carbs to feed it fuel.

Now if there was a carb that needs reproduced that is it. Just in more streetable CFM's Instead of the orginal 875 CFM and 1425 CFM

Old 05-24-2018, 01:11 AM
Scndsin
Du Nawt Seek The Treasure
Scndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by CharlieLed View Post
I admire this truck as I would a ship in a bottle...
He went to ALL that trouble to fit it under the hood, so...

Are there side panels to completely enclose it???

Old 05-24-2018, 07:45 AM
topmoo
Postmaster
topmoo has a spectacular reputation.topmoo has a spectacular reputation.topmoo has a spectacular reputation.topmoo has a spectacular reputation.topmoo has a spectacular reputation.topmoo has a spectacular reputation.topmoo has a spectacular reputation.topmoo has a spectacular reputation.topmoo has a spectacular reputation.topmoo has a spectacular reputation.topmoo has a spectacular reputation.
An incredible truck! I have a shovel with a shifter handle just like his...

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.