2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Adding 1" to Carli 2.5?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 01:38 PM
Buliwyf
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Wow, Jeg's has the worst website ever.

Figured if the RA's were that well priced, let's see what a 4" system costs? Can't weed out 500,000 doge kits, no matter how many times I enter my trucks info to narrow down the lists. Pretty lame.

Old 05-31-2018, 02:12 PM
Drew_SD
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hahaha it took me like 10min to find them too. I'm tempted to get them, but still think the PMF 3-link is a safer bet...

Old 05-31-2018, 03:32 PM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by wicked 2018
tricon. Are you using the 3 link currently? Haven’t done my 4.5” lift yet and debating on Carli RA or the 3 link.
I don't. I really like the Carli arms, but $1,400 for RAs that arent adjustable when you can buy $900 3-links from PMF or even $400 Superlift RAs that essentially do the exact same thing as the Carli's is a tough sell for me. I'm all for buying quality stuff and doing it right...but spending $1000 more on something because it says Carli on the side just isn't my jam. I'll pay for functionality, which the PMF wins here. But I'm interested in also looking at the BDS or SuperLift arms for $400-550. I've never heard many good things about SuperLift though. But...how do you eff up a radius arm?

Originally Posted by Drew_SD
Hahaha it took me like 10min to find them too. I'm tempted to get them, but still think the PMF 3-link is a safer bet...
They definitely offer the most functionality for the money. I think thats the way Im going to go.

Old 05-31-2018, 03:45 PM
Josh315
Freshman User
Originally Posted by mikeym1
i have the 2* cams from the carli 2.5 in now, caster is a little low but camber is off. going to try adjustable cams tomorrow and get it as close as we can to how it was before and see if bump steer is alleviated.

i have the 2.5" ready lift drop bracket, im beginning to think i either need to add a drop pitman or revert back to factory bracket and an adjustable bar?
Dump that drop bracket and put an adjustable trac bar in. I'm running the Carli 2.5 with their adjustable trac bar and my truck drives amazing. That said I am also wanting to add a 1" spacer for a little more so lift myself.

Old 05-31-2018, 04:21 PM
wicked 2018
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Tricon

They definitely offer the most functionality for the money. I think thats the way Im going to go.
I agree. Cheaper then Carli RA's and you can dial in the caster you want. They also look like they dont hang as low too. And on a 4.5" lift you dont need the RA drop or caster bushings which run over $500 from carli - almost pays for the 3-link

Anyone on this forum running the PMF 3-link?

Old 05-31-2018, 04:37 PM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
UGA33 has them and says they are great, just make sure you torque them down properly.

Old 06-01-2018, 07:31 AM
mikeym1
Cross-Country
Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
spent some time on the interstate this morning, and everything about the truck felt stiffer. i dont know if radius arm angles are hurting me, if the balance of the truck is off, or perhaps what im feeling in the steering wheel is making me think its riding worse- but even the rear of the truck feels bouncier. hate to say it, but instead of throwing radius arms, track bar, dual stabilizers, etc at this to try to fix it, the 1" spacers are coming out.

Old 06-01-2018, 07:45 AM
kylant
Fleet Mechanic
Received 110 Likes on 91 Posts
spent some time on the interstate this morning, and everything about the truck felt stiffer. i dont know if radius arm angles are hurting me, if the balance of the truck is off, or perhaps what im feeling in the steering wheel is making me think its riding worse- but even the rear of the truck feels bouncier. hate to say it, but instead of throwing radius arms, track bar, dual stabilizers, etc at this to try to fix it, the 1" spacers are coming out.
is there enough travel in the shocks?
I want about 1" more on my Carli as well, but not sure...

or just go up to the 4.5, but $$

Old 06-01-2018, 07:57 AM
mikeym1
Cross-Country
Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
it crossed my mind that it may be the culprit, i just find it hard to believe that carli would package shocks with that little range of motion in them. its only an inch taller?

it feels stiffer not only on big bumps, but even the highway joints thats were essentially unnoticed before.

Old 06-01-2018, 09:35 AM
Buliwyf
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Even though a 1" spacer just lowers the axle down, it still may have some of the drawbacks that an inch of preload would on a coil over. Those 4" spacer lifts are the debil.

Also note, the further down, and away from level, that the radius arms go, the harsher the ride. You can fab radius arms all kinds of length and such, but the pivot points remain the same. If the front pivot point is lower than the rear pivot, the ride gets harsher. When I see 4" and 6" kits that use custom radius arms, but don't drop their mounting point level, they're leaving some ride quality on the table, in favor of ground clearance, simplicity, and looks.

Old 06-01-2018, 09:37 AM
wicked 2018
Posting Guru
it crossed my mind that it may be the culprit, i just find it hard to believe that carli would package shocks with that little range of motion in them. its only an inch taller?

it feels stiffer not only on big bumps, but even the highway joints thats were essentially unnoticed before.
Carli shocks are rated at about 9” of stroke in the front.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:31 AM
Josh315
Freshman User
Hate to hear this didn't work out to well. I still may give it a go and see if I experience anything different with the adjustable trac bar. I may even just go with a 3/4" lift, never hurts to try..

Old 08-09-2018, 12:15 PM
wicked 2018
Posting Guru

How are things with your ride? I am currently collecting the parts for my lift. I went with Lewis adjustable radius arms - wow these things are beautiful and beefy. I also got Lewis's adjustable track bar.

I spoke with Chris there and he was running a 2.5" spring lift with 37's and also ran the 1" daystar. He said he loved the ride. He now runs King coil overs in the front. I was chatting with him about his coil over kit - you lose travel as the shock cannot be as long as the standard spring/shock setup and you may need to preload them a lot to get the lift you need.

I'm going to run the Carli 2.5" springs. Just debating on 2" or 2.5" Fox shocks at the moment (from Accutune). I got the daystar 1" also so I anticipate running those to level it out. Ill be running 17" rims with 37's.

Old 08-09-2018, 03:36 PM
Josh315
Freshman User
How are things with your ride? I am currently collecting the parts for my lift. I went with Lewis adjustable radius arms - wow these things are beautiful and beefy. I also got Lewis's adjustable track bar.

I spoke with Chris there and he was running a 2.5" spring lift with 37's and also ran the 1" daystar. He said he loved the ride. He now runs King coil overs in the front. I was chatting with him about his coil over kit - you lose travel as the shock cannot be as long as the standard spring/shock setup and you may need to preload them a lot to get the lift you need.

I'm going to run the Carli 2.5" springs. Just debating on 2" or 2.5" Fox shocks at the moment (from Accutune). I got the daystar 1" also so I anticipate running those to level it out. Ill be running 17" rims with 37's.
Let us know how it works out.

Old 08-09-2018, 04:34 PM
honda250xtitan
Cargo Master
Received 389 Likes on 260 Posts

just go with the 2.5's with the adjusters. might as well since you went all baller on lewis built stuff.

Quick Reply: Adding 1" to Carli 2.5?