Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tedster9
Send em up Elephant Hill! Muhuhuhaha...]

Old 05-05-2018, 11:00 AM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
Received 4,107 Likes on 1,268 Posts
Originally Posted by Optimistic Paranoid
They are looking for you wanting to know why you told them to take the right fork instead of taking the left fork...

Old 05-05-2018, 11:39 AM
Alaskan_Warbird
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Haha!! Awesome.

Old 05-05-2018, 01:46 PM
stufarmer
Elder User
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I still get a .. I've never seen one of those .. here on the east coast. What you call that ? But in the west, you'll see more truck campers in the wilderness than any other RV.

Old 05-05-2018, 02:59 PM
Optimistic Paranoid
Mountain Pass
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Seabiscuit-P3
They are looking for you wanting to know why you told them to take the right fork instead of taking the left fork...
They seemed like nice people. I think they said their name was "Donner" or something like that . . .

Old 05-07-2018, 03:47 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by RV_Tech
And the answer is? My wife and I get so frustrated with this stuff we have considered giving up camping altogether, but we can't figure out what to do instead.

camping and shooting go hand in hand with my camping, if i cant shoot i dont wanna camp there. you could always give up camping and just take up long range shooting, i really enjoy that.

Old 05-07-2018, 09:50 PM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts
Theres still a few honey holes here in the west, Tech👍

Old 05-08-2018, 02:37 AM
RV_Tech
Hotshot
Received 457 Likes on 310 Posts
Originally Posted by timmyboy76
Theres still a few honey holes here in the west, Tech👍
I started off thinking about how the small truck camper manufacturers are being bought up by equity companies, but it is not much better to have public lands run by private conglomerates. Keep those places of yours secret or there will soon be tour buses next to your tent space.

We will be heading back West with our truck camper in a few weeks. It really is a different world.

Old 05-08-2018, 08:19 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,854 Likes on 2,785 Posts
If you cruise through the Denver area let me know. I'll buy you guys a cup of coffee.

Old 05-09-2018, 04:22 PM
WYflyfisher
Freshman User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
We have a local joke about Yellowstone - what's more dangerous than a grizzly? - a Cruise America RV with an inexperienced foreign tourist driver. We have been nearly run off the road a dozen times. In fact, when we drive in, we avoid going through Hayden Valley because the road has no shoulder and it's plain dangerous I fish the Fire Hole early season since it's one of the few rivers that doesn't get high and muddy from spring runoff. There are probably 40 state park and National Forest campgrounds within 100 miles of Cody that offer great camping and then if you don't like campgrounds, there's lots of dispersed camping - just need to be 1/4 miles off the road. I can't imagine living in a better place for outdoor enjoyment. I do admit that we make reservations where we can, but mostly to get the particular site we want. But many campgrounds are non-reservable.

Old 05-09-2018, 05:56 PM
RV_Tech
Hotshot
We love that area, but did find outside of Cody popups are not welcome and are not allowed to raise their tops at least in one campground. Too may bears or so we were told, rudely I might add. The Cody museum is worth two days and it is a neat town.

Old 05-09-2018, 09:31 PM
WYflyfisher
Freshman User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
RV Tech, the campgrounds that are hardside only are the three National Forest campgrounds before you get to Yellowstone's East Entrance - on that road there are 7 others that allow popups. That's the same thing at the Northeast Entrance - the two closest to the entrance are hardside only. We really do have a bad grizzly problem but I'm sorry that someone was rude - no call for that. If you want some great camping in this area, try the Big Horn Mountain National Forest campgrounds - and there are no grizzlies - just too many ATVs on weekends.

Old 05-09-2018, 09:39 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,854 Likes on 2,785 Posts
+1 to Big Horn NF camping. There's some great fishing in there too.

Old 05-10-2018, 06:24 AM
RV_Tech
Hotshot
Originally Posted by HRTKD
If you cruise through the Denver area let me know. I'll buy you guys a cup of coffee.
Thanks for the offer!

Old 05-10-2018, 06:30 AM
RV_Tech
Hotshot
Originally Posted by WYflyfisher
RV Tech, the campgrounds that are hardside only are the three National Forest campgrounds before you get to Yellowstone's East Entrance - on that road there are 7 others that allow popups. That's the same thing at the Northeast Entrance - the two closest to the entrance are hardside only. We really do have a bad grizzly problem but I'm sorry that someone was rude - no call for that. If you want some great camping in this area, try the Big Horn Mountain National Forest campgrounds - and there are no grizzlies - just too many ATVs on weekends.
Good to know. We were really pleased when we finally got to Wyoming, Before that we were just pounding down the Interstate. I think Wyoming is where God invented wind and then lets it sneak out in small doses to the rest of the U.S. We are not sure of our entire route this summer and we are leaving later to try to avoid the tourist and out of school rush. The biggest problem with that plan is snow comes to the high country so much earlier. Here is Tennessee winter wanders in and may hang out for a couple of weeks to a month. We haven't figures out the answer to that one.

Quick Reply: Is this the beginning of the end