2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Remote start with Ford Pass

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 05:40 PM
mojavearcher
Mountain Pass
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Remote start with Ford Pass

I have a 2017 Ford SD with the Lariat Ultimate Package with Sync 3 Enhanced Voice Recognition Communications with 8" color lcd screen. Should I be able to use remote start and lock and unlock doors with Ford Pass on this system. Can't seem to be able to work.

Old 03-11-2018, 05:56 PM
mhoefer
Postmaster
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Not unless your truck came with the modem installed and working. There is a way to do it with install and some Systems initiation, but not normally included.

Old 03-11-2018, 05:58 PM
RONMCHUGH
Romcjr

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by mojavearcher
I have a 2017 Ford SD with the Lariat Ultimate Package with Sync 3 Enhanced Voice Recognition Communications with 8" color lcd screen. Should I be able to use remote start and lock and unlock doors with Ford Pass on this system. Can't seem to be able to work.
As I understand it from other threads about this , remote start etc. is not available on the SD's .

Old 03-11-2018, 07:28 PM
mojavearcher
Mountain Pass
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is installing the modem something the dealer can do ?

Old 03-11-2018, 08:05 PM
zekes66
Tuned
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
It can be done but you need parts.

But I thought I read the parts have been discontinued because they will be retrofitting Fordpass to older Ford vehicles. This of course will cost $15 a month as opposed to $50 a year for the plug and play one.

Here you go. Super easy to do and set up. IF he still has the parts.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-blow-out.html

Old 03-11-2018, 08:28 PM
Alaskan_Warbird
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Nice info. I wasn't aware this was possible. Thanks!

Old 03-11-2018, 08:42 PM
Xwild
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So the stuff that Banner is selling is the "Remote Access" stuff. It's not FordPass... on the SuperDutys.. at least the 2017, FordPass doesn't do all the extra stuff Ford says it's going to do. So if you want the Cell Phone Remote Start, you need to add Remote Access. Which is a different App on your phone. And Banner is great to deal with. And Remote Access works quite well. I use it regularly at work to fire up the truck since it's both well out of line-of-sight, and well outside the normal range of the remote.

Old 03-11-2018, 11:19 PM
Alaskan_Warbird
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Xwild
So the stuff that Banner is selling is the "Remote Access" stuff. It's not FordPass... on the SuperDutys.. at least the 2017, FordPass doesn't do all the extra stuff Ford says it's going to do. So if you want the Cell Phone Remote Start, you need to add Remote Access. Which is a different App on your phone. And Banner is great to deal with. And Remote Access works quite well. I use it regularly at work to fire up the truck since it's both well out of line-of-sight, and well outside the normal range of the remote.
So am I still looking at some sort of subscription service, even if going with the Banner stuff?

Old 03-12-2018, 02:04 AM
mrpickles
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Alaskan_Warbird
So am I still looking at some sort of subscription service, even if going with the Banner stuff?
Just an annual fee of about $50. The FordPass will be $15/month and has wifi for up to 10 devices, but you only get 3GB of data included, then you get overage charges.

Old 03-12-2018, 05:45 AM
Poncho450
Lead Driver
Received 939 Likes on 578 Posts
Yes, the app goes through an outfit called Spindance. $49.99 per year. But when I paid with credit card, they charged me $39.99. I think they're a Canadian company and may have given me the exchange rate.
Also - the modules are getting harder to find and a little pricier as they've been discontinued. Fairway Ford from Ohio may also be able to help you out. Banner is hit & miss with their replies. I've done business with both.
The other alternatives are to go aftermarket (I used to have Viper SmartStart. https://www.viper.com/smartstart/serviceplans.aspx) or to wait for Ford to come out with SmartLink retrofit for these trucks sometime this year.

Old 03-12-2018, 11:14 AM
Alaskan_Warbird
Posting Guru
Thanks for the info, guys. I'm not really interested in another subscription based service. HOWEVER, one huge question on these cellular autostarts - I've heard they'll let your truck run for 15 minutes max, ONE time only, until you start it with the key. That true? Living in Alaska, there are days I need the rig to warm up longer than 15 mins...

Old 03-12-2018, 11:22 AM
Glorfindel
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info. Just contacted Banner to see if parts are still available.

Old 03-12-2018, 04:19 PM
Paulgl32
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the info, guys. I'm not really interested in another subscription based service. HOWEVER, one huge question on these cellular autostarts - I've heard they'll let your truck run for 15 minutes max, ONE time only, until you start it with the key. That true? Living in Alaska, there are days I need the rig to warm up longer than 15 mins...
Actually you can pres twice and it will go for 30 min. I have it . Also it will ring my phone if alarm is going on

Old 03-12-2018, 05:06 PM
Poncho450
Lead Driver
Received 939 Likes on 578 Posts
Then get yourself a longer range bidirectional fob so that it will tell you if the truck is running. I haven't yet seen a cell phone app starter that is free.

Old 03-12-2018, 05:20 PM
Alaskan_Warbird
Posting Guru
They have Ford longer range bidirectional fobs that work with the factory autostart?? I had no idea...

Quick Reply: Remote start with Ford Pass