2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

1 inch rear lift to level my truck from a front level kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 06:37 PM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Conrad Fleischmann
I am also trying to figure out lift vs level. I have 20” aftermarket rims with 35” tires waiting to go on. I plan on using the ready lift 2.5” front springs and the metal fab’s rear blocks (thanks Tricon). My truck has a 2” rake from the factory. Anyone know what the taper should be on a 5” (+2” over stock) block should be? It’s 2.5* or 5* or 0...
Give PMF a call, they should know, I would guess 2.5*, but thats only a guess.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:53 PM
K-tung
Cross-Country
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CO Wapiti
Thanks man. That is the kit number I'm trying to verify with Ready Lift.
I'm hoping someone will chime in who has actually installed these. I also have airbags that mount on the bumpstop tangs so I'm also trying to verify that the bump stop tangs on the Ready Lift are similar to the factory tangs.
I swore I wouldn't lift my next truck and just level it. I suppose a one inch lift doesn't count as a lifted truck, haha. I dropped a fortune on my Fox resi adjuster shocks so a four inch lift is not in my future anytime soon.
Here’s a picture of my 4” ReadyLIFT rear blocks. Does this help?

Old 03-01-2018, 08:16 PM
CO Wapiti
Elder User
Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts
K-tung, thanks for the photo, that helps out a lot!
Tricon, thanks for the tip on the metal fab blocks. I really like the way the blocks will be locked in and can’t shift. Since I have the Transfer Flow 60 gallon tank on order I could order one block a little taller to compensate for any side lean from a full tank of fuel. I really wish you didn’t tell me those shocks can be rebuilt with longer shafts. I have an old blown non adjustable Fox resi I can practice on first.
Great options, thanks

Old 03-01-2018, 11:19 PM
jr.parrish
New User
I did this a couple weeks back and so far I'm pretty happy with it.

Readylift 2.5 front level
Readylift 4" rear block 66-2024
295/65/20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers

I didn't realize until after the install but the factory 3" blocks are tapered and meaure around 3 3/8" on the rear side and the readylift blocks measure exactly 4", so the end result is only about 5/8" rear lift. I'll probably leave mine as it is, but if I was doing it again I may consider the 5" blocks.

Old 03-02-2018, 08:44 AM
DeputyDiesel
Tuned
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Conrad Fleischmann
I am also trying to figure out lift vs level. I have 20” aftermarket rims with 35” tires waiting to go on. I plan on using the ready lift 2.5” front springs and the metal fab’s rear blocks (thanks Tricon). My truck has a 2” rake from the factory. Anyone know what the taper should be on a 5” (+2” over stock) block should be? It’s 2.5* or 5* or 0...
Do you have a 6.7 or 6.2. According to readylift their springs will lift it 1.5-2.5 depending on the engine. I plan to go this route as well especially with their new kit that comes with billsteins and relocation bracket so post pics if you do.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:29 AM
st1nn3tt
Senior User
Originally Posted by Ricohman
Yo dawg
We put a leveling kit in your leveling kit so you could level your ride while you level your ride.
You literally made me LOL on that one!
However, on my last truck I installed an add a leaf with my leveling kit..... lol

Old 03-02-2018, 11:25 AM
CO Wapiti
Elder User

I didn't realize until after the install but the factory 3" blocks are tapered and meaure around 3 3/8" on the rear side and the readylift blocks measure exactly 4", so the end result is only about 5/8" rear lift. I'll probably leave mine as it is, but if I was doing it again I may consider the 5" blocks.

Jr.Parrish, Where the Readylift blocks tapered at all like the factory blocks? I would imagine that they would have to be to achieve the proper pinion angle.
Thanks

Old 03-02-2018, 12:36 PM
jr.parrish
New User
Originally Posted by CO Wapiti

Jr.Parrish, Where the Readylift blocks tapered at all like the factory blocks? I would imagine that they would have to be to achieve the proper pinion angle.
Thanks
Yes, the new blocks were tapered. I can take measurements/photos of the old and new blocks this evening.

Old 03-02-2018, 12:51 PM
CO Wapiti
Elder User
Talking

Originally Posted by jr.parrish
Yes, the new blocks were tapered. I can take measurements/photos of the old and new blocks this evening.
That won't be necessary but I really appreciate the offer. I just wanted to make sure. If your new 66-2024 Readylift blocks are only 5/8 inch taller than the factory blolcks, I might just see if I can purchase the blocks without the u-bolts because I have 5/8" of thread on my factory u-bolts. It will buy me some time until I figure out if I want to go to a full blown 4 inch lift or not.
It just drives me nuts when I have the "Cali lean" when I'm towing. (no offense to Tricon)

Old 03-02-2018, 01:06 PM
miniwally
Junior User
Since the blocks are tapered the actual lift height should be measured at the center pin. I have my stock blocks sitting on the floor in the garage and can measure them up, I want to say I measured 3 1/4" on the large side and 3" or maybe 3 1/16" on the short side. Meaning the stock blocks might be 3 1/8" technically. The 4" block may? measure over 4" on the tall side making them a true 4" tall block at the center (this would be my assumption)

I guess where I'm headed there is that I don't think you're going to be able to reuse the stock U-bolts.

Old 03-02-2018, 01:20 PM
CO Wapiti
Elder User
Originally Posted by miniwally
Since the blocks are tapered the actual lift height should be measured at the center pin. I have my stock blocks sitting on the floor in the garage and can measure them up, I want to say I measured 3 1/4" on the large side and 3" or maybe 3 1/16" on the short side. Meaning the stock blocks might be 3 1/8" technically. The 4" block may? measure over 4" on the tall side making them a true 4" tall block at the center (this would be my assumption)

I guess where I'm headed there is that I don't think you're going to be able to reuse the stock U-bolts.
That makes total sense. Thanks for that information which is very important. I litterally only have 5/8" thread on the bolts and I certainly wouldn't want to push it. I actually tried to get some info from Readylift but they only answered one of three questions so I had to email them again. It's always that way with emailed questions.

Old 03-02-2018, 02:00 PM
CO Wapiti
Elder User
This is interesting. I just received this from Readylift. It appears the 66-2024 are not correct.
I’m sorry Robert, I should have addressed your other questions as well. You are correct on the lift height, if you have a 3 3/8 factory block and you replace it with the 4” block, you will net 5/8” of lift. The part number you provided will not work on your 2017 truck, I will include part numbers for the appropriate blocks below.

66-2740 – 4” Block for 1 piece driveshaft

66-2741 – 4” Block for 2 piece driveshaft

66-2750 – 5” Block for 1 piece driveshaft

66-2751 – 5” Block for 2 piece driveshaft

66-2760 – 6” Block for 1 piece driveshaft

66-2761 – 6” Block for 2 piece driveshaft

Old 03-02-2018, 02:40 PM
Ricohman
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jr.parrish

The taper sets your pinion angle.

Old 03-02-2018, 03:45 PM
CO Wapiti
Elder User
I guess they're not cast iron for the 17's and up. They are very similar to the PMF blocks that Tricon posted.
https://www.readylift.com/4-0-tall-t...uper-duty.html

Old 03-11-2018, 08:43 AM
CO Wapiti
Elder User
I didn’t order the blocks from Readylift because they said that they are not rated for air bags that mount on the blocks bumpstop tangs like I have on my truck. I liked the blocks from PMF like Tricon suggested but it would have required too much fabrication to my existing air bags to make it work.
i ended up ordering some 1 inch blocks from Moto Fab and some new U bolts from PMF. I’ve read that stacking blocks is not a good idea but I don’t think adding only 1 inch blocks will be a problem. I was disappointed that the U bolts from PMF were raw grade 8 steel. They are going to rust quickly so I’ll shoot them with some paint. I took off my airbags and my dealer is going to put the new blocks and U bolts on this Wednesday when my truck goes in for my new 60 gallon Tranfer Flow fuel tank.
No more sagging while I am towing!

Quick Reply: 1 inch rear lift to level my truck from a front level kit