S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

In like a lion March gab

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 08:05 AM
turbohunter
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rock Auto got me a 15% discount at Ford yesterday. In the continuing saga of the belt and tensioner renew I finally picked up my parts. The same guy that I was dealing with before was there and as I walked in the door he says, "there you are" like I've been lost and he sent out a search party.
So he goes back and gets my parts, as I'm checking them and he's ringing them up I casually mention that at Rock Auto I can get these same parts (Motorcraft) for 60% of the Ford price. He didn't believe me until I said go ahead and look it up on your computer. Without even looking it up he gave me a 15% discount. Thank you Rock Auto!
Anyway, I have my parts and the next descent weather days I'll re do my belts and tensioners as well as a new upper shroud because mine broke in the drivers corner.

Now about that Northrup. That's cool. Never heard of it before.

Old 03-18-2018, 08:45 AM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 944 Likes on 686 Posts
All I know is what’s on Wiki Marc, but agree it’s unique. Glad you had some satisfaction with the parts guy.

Old 03-20-2018, 10:57 AM
turbohunter
Postmaster
Wow, a shooting at my old high school in Maryland.

Old 03-20-2018, 11:50 AM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts
Just think, your grand-kids could be going to Great Mills if you hadn't gotten out of there when you did, Marc.

I have a friend out in Hemet that retired from the Baltimore PD as a motor officer, and he's sure glad to be gone from that area!

Pop

Old 03-20-2018, 01:48 PM
turbohunter
Postmaster
Yeah thank goodness dad was in Lockheed field service. That high school services the kids from Patuxent river NAS. So a bunch of navy brats and local kids. Back in 69-72 it was a great place to grow up in the southern part of the state.
Come to think of it Baltimore was a real armpit back then also.

Old 03-21-2018, 11:59 AM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader

A little Wednesday humor.

Old 03-21-2018, 12:32 PM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Good chuckles, all!

Pop

Old 03-23-2018, 03:08 PM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader

Trèbes is the town where I worked when I lived in France. France shooting: Police kill supermarket gunman - BBC News

"Collomb said a National Police lieutenant colonel shot the gunmanafter offering himself for at least one of the hostages. The officer was also seriously wounded. The order of the shots was unclear, Collomb said. Police then raided the store after hearing gunshots."

Old 03-24-2018, 09:58 PM
turbohunter
Postmaster
That's a weird coincidence.

Old 03-27-2018, 03:36 AM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Though I was USAF, l my avatar is changed today to honor those of my fellow vets who served in the U.S. Navy.

Today is the birthday of the Navy, born in 1794, and still kickin' tail where a good whoopin' is needed!

Stand proud, boys!

Pop

Old 03-27-2018, 08:44 AM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by turbohunter
That's a weird coincidence.
I hope so, but this scenario is getting more common across the globe...

Originally Posted by SpringerPop
Today is the birthday of the Navy, born in 1794, and still kickin' tail where a good whoopin' is needed!
Stand proud, boys!

Pop
Here, here!

Not sure if you've seen this Ford airplane.

http://www.colemancollectorsforum.co...pid=1299940127

Old 03-27-2018, 12:46 PM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

I've been inside of a TriMotor, but never aloft.

They were quite the thing in their day, and used some innovative techniques.

That corrugated skin, for instance. Strong, but with more area, more drag.

There are still some flying.

Pop

Old 03-30-2018, 03:47 PM
bpounds
Hotshot
Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts
I got a little preview of what may be ahead for CA.

In 2012, Washington state legalized pot for anyone over 21yoa. It was in all the papers, you might have heard about it.

In about March of 2016, I was in Spokane working for a week at the home office. As I was checking into my hotel, another guest was at the counter asking the clerk about where to buy some weed. No hushed whispers, but the clerk did seem a little taken aback by the question, and she did not have any advice for him.

Last week I was in Spokane again for the first time in these two years, and there is now no reason for anyone to have to ask where to score some weed. There are pot shops aplenty. I bought gas at a nice Exxon station, and instead of the typical little mini-mart, they had a cannabis mart attached to one end of the building. Really nice looking place (from the outside of course). The businesses ran the gamut from buildings that look a lot like the fireworks places on the interstate near state borders, to that Exxon place that looked better than a Burger King, and everything in between. My workplace is barely in Spokane, in the boonies near the airport, so I'm sure the planning folks stick them out there on purpose, and it shows.

I'm not particularly pro or con on the pot issue (depends on how it is handled), but WA seems to have a going boost to their economy. Let's hope CA can get their sheets together as well.

Old 03-30-2018, 04:51 PM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by bpounds
I got a little preview of what may be ahead for CA.

In 2012, Washington state legalized pot for anyone over 21
Let's hope CA can get their sheets together as well.
When they offer pot infused snacks on Southwest Airlines, CA will have everything under control Bill.

Old 03-30-2018, 05:39 PM
bpounds
Hotshot
Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts
Sean, how did you know I flew Southwest? I have not flown with them for many years, but I also had not flown out of John Wayne in maybe 20 years. LAX is so torn up, I decided to go south. Happy with SNA, but I don't think I will use Southwest again. I'm too old to be herded bovine style.

Anyway, not a Southwest problem, but I found myself sitting in the Spokane terminal waiting to fly home. Across the gate lounge I see this older lady, obviously afflicted with a bad cold, dabbing her nose, sneezing. I think to myself, I do not want to sit next to this.

So boarding starts, and I'm down in the C-xx somethings, so I know I'm going to be in a center seat. Heading down the aisle looking for rows with smallish people, when I notice the emergency door aisle looks pretty good. So I plop down and belt up, when what do I notice? That danged sneezy lady in the aisle seat. Too late to move, so I plan to avoid any social intercourse. Then snack time comes, the attendant holds them out, and danged sneezy lady grabs mine so helpfully and lays them on my tray table.

I let them sit there, hoping the rhinovirus would die off if given some time, and I had my own snack anyway. But eventually the pretzel and peanut variety got so tempting that I ate them.

Been sneezing and wiping my nose since Tuesday. Only myself to blame.

Quick Reply: In like a lion March gab