2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2017/2018 F250 XLT leveled w/ 35's on 18" rims

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 09:57 AM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Pickupman2004
So will a 35x12.50 on a 18x9 fit the truck stock with no rubbing?
Said this a few times now, no rubbing.

Old 03-06-2018, 10:05 AM
Pickupman2004
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Just wanted to be clear as I know you went through several stages with your truck. Wasn't sure if you had ran stock height with the wider rims.

So if you had no rubbing, what made you do the lift?

Old 03-06-2018, 10:46 AM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Pickupman2004
Just wanted to be clear as I know you went through several stages with your truck. Wasn't sure if you had ran stock height with the wider rims.

So if you had no rubbing, what made you do the lift?
No worries, I know it's odd you can fit 35s on these trucks stock now!

I lifted because I don't like the nose dive look. Just personal preference but it looks silly to me. And I wanted more travel and ground clearance offroad, so kill 3 birds with 1 stone.

Old 03-18-2018, 11:37 AM
dustin cri
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

35/12.50/18 no level no rub i find still looks small duratracs

Old 05-02-2018, 03:05 PM
dpayne7571
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tricon
No worries, I know it's odd you can fit 35s on these trucks stock now!

I lifted because I don't like the nose dive look. Just personal preference but it looks silly to me. And I wanted more travel and ground clearance offroad, so kill 3 birds with 1 stone.
I have a 2018 6.2 CC/SB F250 FX4 and want to do a leveling kit and 35's on my stock 18 chrome wheels. Here are my worries and can you answer any of these questions for me as I love they way this truck handles and the quietness in the cab right now.

1) Will the Toyo 35's create any road noise inside cab?
2) Should I expect to lose 2-3 mpg on fuel?
3) Will I be ruining the ride quality that I'm experienci now?
4) What part would I need to calibrate the speedometer?

Thanks for any help as I am new to this!

David

Old 05-02-2018, 04:46 PM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
- No idea, havent run Toyo's since my 03 F250, they werent particularly noisy then.
- Diesel? You won't lose much if anything. Maybe 0.25 mpg. Gas...yea, probably 1-2mpg.
- You will have a better ride with properly inflated tires. More sidewall, more cushion for the pushin.
- A laptop and OBDII to USB scanner. $18 on Amazon, setup Forscan and you can make a lot of other great changes too. You can also have the dealer change it to 285/75R18 in IDS, its almost exactly the same as a 35.

Old 05-02-2018, 05:10 PM
Buliwyf
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by dpayne7571
I have a 2018 6.2 CC/SB F250 FX4 and want to do a leveling kit and 35's on my stock 18 chrome wheels. Here are my worries and can you answer any of these questions for me as I love they way this truck handles and the quietness in the cab right now.

1) Will the Toyo 35's create any road noise inside cab? Yep, it's not bad. (I'm an East Coast Cooper guy, not so much Toyo) Get a couple floor jacks and rotate every 5000m.
2) Should I expect to lose 2-3 mpg on fuel? Not really hwy, but absolutely in the city.
If you pick the correct leveling parts, and darn good shocks, ride should improve, significantly.
FORSCAN, a scan thingy for your laptop, and 3 scoops of patience.

Thanks for any help as I am new to this!

David

https://www.amazon.com/OHP-ELMconfig-compatible-interface-diagnostics/dp/B01F0GVBWY/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_263_tr_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&re fRID=03H2S5EFVHKM2JNQ7WYV

Old 05-02-2018, 08:58 PM
dpayne7571
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
- No idea, havent run Toyo's since my 03 F250, they werent particularly noisy then.
- Diesel? You won't lose much if anything. Maybe 0.25 mpg. Gas...yea, probably 1-2mpg.
- You will have a better ride with properly inflated tires. More sidewall, more cushion for the pushin.
- A laptop and OBDII to USB scanner. $18 on Amazon, setup Forscan and you can make a lot of other great changes too. You can also have the dealer change it to 285/75R18 in IDS, its almost exactly the same as a 35.
Thanks for the info!

Old 05-09-2018, 08:34 AM
ymsmiley
Tuned
I'm looking a Carli level myself. Hope I'm not hijacking this thread too badly, but curious your thoughts on the pintop version aside from the additional $1300. Also considering radius arms and debating add-a vs. spring packs. A small fortune but anyone whos ever spent money on a decent lift before will understand

I did the Carli 2.5" coil spring and all their hard parts. Wheel wells are 44". If you just want 35s you don't have lift at all, I ran stock with 35x12.50s for a good while, no rubbing it issues at all. The springs do ride a lot better than the stockers though.

Old 05-09-2018, 09:20 AM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by ymsmiley
I'm looking a Carli level myself. Hope I'm not hijacking this thread too badly, but curious your thoughts on the pintop version aside from the additional $1300. Also considering radius arms and debating add-a vs. spring packs. A small fortune but anyone whos ever spent money on a decent lift before will understand
IMO, if you're going to go with Carli go with their pintop (or what I did and get Fox 2.5 FE's). It's expensive, but it's a $70k truck, what's a couple more grand on one of the most important systems on the vehicle?

I guess if you are just street queening or towing with it a back country is just fine, but you're really missing out on that next level ride both onroad and off.

The back springs are still a conundrum for me. I really want the full deavers because honestly that's the single best thing you can do for ride improvement, but I just don't want to give up that payload. I'm not convinced the add a packs offer that much improvement, but I haven't been able to test them myself. I'm heavily leaning towards some Atlas Spring Expedition packs... Going to Baja with a friend that just installed some on his Chevy so I'm excited to see them work firsthand. Their supposed to be a lot more progressive than stock but keep the same payload.

Old 05-09-2018, 09:22 AM
98woody
Tuned
Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts
I did the Carli 2.5" coil spring and all their hard parts. Wheel wells are 44". If you just want 35s you don't have lift at all, I ran stock with 35x12.50s for a good while, no rubbing it issues at all. The springs do ride a lot better than the stockers though.

Your front wheel well to the bottom is 44" now after the Carli? Did you measure before? I'm asking because stock my f250 is 41" front and 44 3/4" rear

Old 05-09-2018, 09:27 AM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by 98woody
Your front wheel well to the bottom is 44" now after the Carli? Did you measure before? I'm asking because stock my f250 is 41" front and 44 3/4" rear
Yup that's about right, do you have 35s on it now? That adds up too. 2.5" lift and .5" from going to 35s.

Old 05-09-2018, 09:30 AM
98woody
Tuned
Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Yup that's about right, do you have 35s on it now? That adds up too. 2.5" lift and .5" from going to 35s.
no I have stock 20" rims on f250 NO plow prep pkg. It nose dives hard. That's my manor dilemma with a spring lift, will I get the full 2 1/2" or 1" seems every superduty out there has a 2" range in front height and 1" range in the rear

Old 05-09-2018, 09:50 AM
ymsmiley
Tuned
Yeah I'm all in on some Carli 2.5" shock version (2.0's aren't enough for this size rig). Didn't realize you had Fox 2.5's and was actually pondering that myself. They adjustable or you have to get them valved (FE?)?

I spent $3700 on a BDS/Fox coilover for my F150, which seemed like a lot at the time, but even that intermediate-stage lift sold it for me from then on. Anyone scoffing at the price has never ridden on quality aftermarket shocks and springs, lol

IMO, if you're going to go with Carli go with their pintop (or what I did and get Fox 2.5 FE's). It's expensive, but it's a $70k truck, what's a couple more grand on one of the most important systems on the vehicle?

I guess if you are just street queening or towing with it a back country is just fine, but you're really missing out on that next level ride both onroad and off.

The back springs are still a conundrum for me. I really want the full deavers because honestly that's the single best thing you can do for ride improvement, but I just don't want to give up that payload. I'm not convinced the add a packs offer that much improvement, but I haven't been able to test them myself. I'm heavily leaning towards some Atlas Spring Expedition packs... Going to Baja with a friend that just installed some on his Chevy so I'm excited to see them work firsthand. Their supposed to be a lot more progressive than stock but keep the same payload.

Old 05-09-2018, 10:17 AM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by 98woody
no I have stock 20" rims on f250 NO plow prep pkg. It nose dives hard. That's my manor dilemma with a spring lift, will I get the full 2 1/2" or 1" seems every superduty out there has a 2" range in front height and 1" range in the rear
Mine was a redneck racer too haha. It was really raked from the factory. You'll get the full 2.5". If you had the snow prep package then you might not see the full 2.5", but mine looked like yours and its about a 1" rake or less now.

Originally Posted by ymsmiley
Yeah I'm all in on some Carli 2.5" shock version (2.0's aren't enough for this size rig). Didn't realize you had Fox 2.5's and was actually pondering that myself. They adjustable or you have to get them valved (FE?)?
I spent $3700 on a BDS/Fox coilover for my F150, which seemed like a lot at the time, but even that intermediate-stage lift sold it for me from then on. Anyone scoffing at the price has never ridden on quality aftermarket shocks and springs, lol
Totally agree with you, 2.5's are the smallest I would go on an 8k pound rig. I think all the problems guys have with death wobble and weird front end shaking is they just dont have enough dampening capacity up front. There's a lot of weight there and monotube shocks or even 2.0s I really don't think are up to that task personally. I got the 2.5 Factory Editions and had them valved for my axle weights. The ride is perfect, exactly what I was looking for. Its firmer, more controlled on the streets, no diving or weird body roll, just very tight and in control. Offroad is awesome, it was a little scary going fast offroad with the ranchos. Night and day difference with the Carli springs and Fox's. I didn't go with the Carli Pintop kit because I've had some really crap experiences with King and their support in the past. Fox has always been excellent there, so I like to reward those companies with my money. Also, the Fox shafts are twice as hard and have twice the sheer strength. Sheer...whatever, but the hardness of the shaft is directly related to pitting, so they get my money for support and product features.

Quick Reply: 2017/2018 F250 XLT leveled w/ 35's on 18" rims