Sponsored by:

Rims

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 08:59 AM
SmackDaddy
Postmaster
Received 234 Likes on 161 Posts
Rims

I am in the process of doing a bunch more to my Ex and have been looking for some simple, beefy 18” rims without all the fake beadlock BS we see on 95% of the rims today. I am looking for black, gunmetal or a combination of the two. I’m swapping suspensions with KrazeeMatt and his V/Mod B springs and 2” shackles should be around 4” of lift and fit 35” rubber just like he had on StayPuff. I’m not knocking anyone’s rims with the fake allen heads but I just don’t care for the look. I want something different and with some offset. I like the 2010 Harley Davidson wheel look but not wanting to do spacers and all that. I looked through the “Lifted Ex” pics but most of the photobucket images are gone now...

Old 02-23-2018, 09:03 AM
SmackDaddy
Postmaster

This was Matt’s, mine is Forest Green and I’m removing the tan cladding and having it LineX’d black where it was.

Old 02-23-2018, 10:39 PM
SmackDaddy
Postmaster
No one wants to share photos of their rims or there are a lot of fake beadlocks. I triedto delete my post since it seems to be wasting space here.

Old 02-23-2018, 10:53 PM
pirate4x4_camo
Lead Driver
Received 329 Likes on 250 Posts
It's not that I don't want to share pics but there are literally thousands of rim styles available and since design and style choice is so subjective I have no idea what you like other then black and no fake beadlocks,

Your best option is just browsing through catologs either online or at a tire shop.

Old 02-23-2018, 10:58 PM
pirate4x4_camo
Lead Driver
Wheel pros is a major distributor that carries many top brands, here is their catalog

http://www.wheelpros.com

Old 02-23-2018, 11:02 PM
pirate4x4_camo
Lead Driver
TIRe rack carries most of what wheel pros makes plus a couple of other brands
https://www.tirerack.com/content/tir...en/wheels.html

Old 02-23-2018, 11:04 PM
pirate4x4_camo
Lead Driver
Pro comp is heavy on the street lock look but they have a few non fake lock styles.

https://www.procompusa.com/wheels-landing-page.aspx

Old 02-24-2018, 05:52 AM
SmackDaddy
Postmaster
I knew I could get someone fired up enough to share something! I appreciate it. I know there is an almost endless number of them to choose from and it’s a matter of taste. I’m sure I’ll see that one rim and know it’s the one I have to have. It’s crazy how different a rim style changes looks with different backspacing and diameter. For ride quality and looks I believe 18” is the best middle of the road option. Thanks!

Old 02-24-2018, 06:26 AM
unleashd
Fleet Mechanic
Received 67 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by SmackDaddy
....... but most of the photobucket images are gone now...
Try these addons in Firefox/Chrome to be able to see all the Photobucket pictures.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...giikdkpmcpkaon

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...t-fix/?src=api

And, as Pirate said, Rims are a personal choice. I am running stock 18" Rims from a 2015 F250. Was not really the best choice, but I was in a bind one day and had to buy what was available to me right then and there. It is what I have for now until it is time to get new rubber and then I'll go hunting for a new set of wheels as well.

Old 02-24-2018, 10:37 AM
agsmv1
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have some fuel vapors...not sure if the meet the fake bead locks or not?

Attachment 286019

Old 02-24-2018, 10:42 AM
SmackDaddy
Postmaster
Originally Posted by agsmv1
I have some fuel vapors...not sure if the meet the fake bead locks or not?

Nothing wrong with those, just looking for something different. That is a very popular style. Looking for simple and beefy other than the plain wheels with round holes too. I found a few I like on the sites pirate4x4 linked. I don’t want anything too busy looking.

Old 02-24-2018, 09:38 PM
handywithanex
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh, boy do I feel your pain. My issue is just about every black Ex I see has black on black. It's nice, but everyone has it. I love the chrome look, but so many of the styles out there look like mall rat candy. When I input what I'm looking for, diameter, width, and backspace there really aren't a ton of choices. I know I could choose different options, and get more choices, but I'm hard headed and want what I want. The look is so radically different with even minor changes. Good luck, and keep us posted on what you find.

Old 02-24-2018, 09:55 PM
Greenscobie86
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I saw someone on here post up a few photos of their truck with 16" or 17" bronze wheels with fake beadlocks, might have been Method wheels, not sure.

Old 02-24-2018, 10:04 PM
SmackDaddy
Postmaster
Originally Posted by handywithanex
Oh, boy do I feel your pain. My issue is just about every black Ex I see has black on black. It's nice, but everyone has it. I love the chrome look, but so many of the styles out there look like mall rat candy. When I input what I'm looking for, diameter, width, and backspace there really aren't a ton of choices. I know I could choose different options, and get more choices, but I'm hard headed and want what I want. The look is so radically different with even minor changes. Good luck, and keep us posted on what you find.
After 4 hours I finally found rims I really like and they only make them in 20” and larger diameter! Damn you Weld XT!!! I found a shop that will make custom rims to order but they are high dollar of course. I’m still looking...

Old 02-25-2018, 05:23 AM
JimEx
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pirate4x4_camo
Wheel pros is a major distributor that carries many top brands, here is their catalog

http://www.wheelpros.com
This site has a pretty nifty Configurator that lets you select your vehicle, add lift and change the color of the vehicle. I used it a bunch when researching rims.

Quick Reply: Rims