2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Hate my new ford

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 07:31 PM
Curtis Lipinski
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hate my new ford

Last 2 weeks i can not keep it out of the shop. I just got it back 2 weeks ago from body shop from a fender bender. Stop at Star Bucks for coffee Last week a guy parks next to me and wind catches his door and hits mine dent and scratch pass door great i just got it back. Today on my way home a rock hits my windshield and guess what. I just cant win. I guess 3 is the charm.

Old 02-04-2018, 07:38 PM
chickfisher69
Junior User
Man I feel your pain ! My last truck seamed to be that way. Sometimes it starts that way.

Old 02-04-2018, 07:41 PM
ElectronPlumber
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Curtis Lipinski
Last 2 weeks i can not keep it out of the shop. I just got it back 2 weeks ago from body shop from a fender bender. Stop at Star Bucks for coffee Last week a guy parks next to me and wind catches his door and hits mine dent and scratch pass door great i just got it back. Today on my way home a rock hits my windshield and guess what. I just cant win. I guess 3 is the charm.
So if I am reading this right, your truck has been in the shop for body work from “fender benders” and a rock hits your windshield so you blame/hate the truck? Makes total sense it does stink that you have all these issues at once but I don’t understand how it is the trucks fault??

Old 02-04-2018, 07:47 PM
Snowman 8
Elder User
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
And how is all of this Ford’s fault???? Or the trucks?

Old 02-04-2018, 07:49 PM
smokewagun
Cargo Master
Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts
Electron, Let the guy vent! It's called frustration. Like crabbing to you neighbor about your wife when she ticks you off. I'm sure he's just upset his big shiny baby has been a bodymans dream. Hang in there OP, your truck will. I once put five windshields in a 2008 truck in 6 months. I survived. You will too.

Old 02-04-2018, 08:20 PM
Curtis Lipinski
Freshman User
Some people just do not get it. Good job smokewagun. O i am sorry Ford best truck on the planet. Have another Beer and chill out New England fans.

Old 02-04-2018, 08:26 PM
roadpilot
Laughing Gas
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by smokewagun
It's called frustration. Like crabbing to you neighbor about your wife when she ticks you off.
Only if you're blaming the stove for her poor cooking skills ...

Old 02-04-2018, 08:44 PM
Faceplant409
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I know you’re just bitchin.
I absolutely feel your pain. Had a couple of not my fault issues and then this happened 2 wk’s ago. I think the truck is bad luck. 6 Mo old. 12K mi. I’ll be in a loaner for s month at least.
Good luck. 🍀

Old 02-04-2018, 08:51 PM
FOUNTAIN 1
Elder User
I wouldn't park my stuff in danger of stupid people that don't give a chit , ill walk a block if I have too . just saying ,some people see nice stuff and laugh when the slam there stuff into yours ,, laughing inside .

Old 02-05-2018, 07:07 AM
LiquidSteam
Posting Guru
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
I usually park in open areas if at all possible. The other day I was walking out of Costco and I see a rogue cart (most likely wind blown) cruising across the lot. I ran and grabbed it quick before it hit someone’s vehicle but I guess it could have been my truck in the crosshairs just as easy. Sometimes it’s just bad luck. However it’s nice to lower the number of shots on goal if you know what I mean.

Old 02-05-2018, 07:14 AM
NorEasterMA
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Second week I had my truck I went out to out something in the bed. Unlocked it, put my keys on the rear bumper (force of habit from my old '06) turns out there isn't as much clearance on these new trucks....tailgate down straight into the keys. Nice 1 1/2" long scratch right down to metal between the SUPER DUTY letters. Man was I pissed!!!! Fortunately due to a forklift operators negligence I am getting a new tailgate.

Oh and then in a snow storm I opened my driver door into my trash can...guess I'll my calling the paintless dent guy in the spring.

Vent all you want...having a new vehicle can be stressful!

Old 02-05-2018, 07:40 AM
CBEllis
Laughing Gas
Received 89 Likes on 49 Posts
OP - Keep an eye out for black cats, mirrors, and ladders in the walkway...man, that really stinks. Hate that your ride is a magnet for mayhem...better call Allstate...

Old 02-05-2018, 09:52 AM
stewy604
Elder User
Definitely sucks to feel like your vehicle is cursed, been there done that. A different wording on the subject line would be more accurate to reality. Hopefully you're past the bad omens and can get on to enjoying your truck.

Old 02-05-2018, 10:26 AM
AK_SuperDuty
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by FOUNTAIN 1
I wouldn't park my stuff in danger of stupid people that don't give a chit , ill walk a block if I have too . just saying ,some people see nice stuff and laugh when the slam there stuff into yours ,, laughing inside .
My favorite is when I park 100 feet from the closest vehicle in a parking lot, where there are hundreds of spaces available near the store, and I come out after shopping and someone is parked RIGHT NEXT TO ME. It blows my mind.

Old 02-05-2018, 11:03 AM
Buliwyf
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Is it a rusty hoopty or another truck? It's ok if it's just another truck or sprots car guy looking for dent free spots. He's just blocking/protecting one side of your truck that way.

I look for an uphill section to park in, even if it means parking 3 stores further away. Or walking from a closed stores lot. I avoid tight lots filled with pot heads like chipotle, starbucks, or the entire state of oregon. Tons of door dings waiting to happen in any parking lot filled with Mom's high on antidepressants as well. (hopefully you don't shop at Kohls) I actually waited to move before I bought my truck.

Quick Reply: Hate my new ford