VetNet A forum dedicated to ALL Veterans... their unique needs and wants. A place where Veterans old and new can discuss their problems and find the help and support they are looking for.

Song: Take A Knee, My Ass

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 03:13 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,098 Likes on 998 Posts
Song: Take A Knee, My ***

A vets answer to NFL's taking a knee.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/s...5&action=click

Old 09-17-2018, 06:30 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
I think that's disrespectful myself too.However I can think of worse things.Like an America where you didn't have the option.

Thanks to all those who make sure we have the right to be right and the right to be wrong.Thank you for your service vets.

Old 10-06-2018, 12:55 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
A Cook County jury convicted Van Dyke of second-degree murder and 16 counts of aggravated battery with a firearm in connection with McDonald’s death. The verdict marked the first time in more than 50 years that a Chicago police officer has been convicted of murder for an on-duty incident.

Three other Chicago police officers have been charged with conspiring to cover up what really happened on Pulaski Road on the night of Oct. 20, 2014, and are slated to go to trial late next month. In addition to that criminal case, the entire Police Department now faces federal oversight following a U.S. Department of Justice investigation into the shooting.

A historic murder conviction of a Chicago cop — and a city's sigh of relief

“I, AB, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

The First Amendment states that “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”

Protestors always take a stand where and when it's inconvenient for us.We are all so fortunate to have this right.Even when it's inconvenient to us and when and where we may not like to see it.How fortunate we all are to have such rights.
Far better to be inconvenienced once in a while rather than to live under dictatorship rule.

Thanks to all who have,currently are and will in the future serve to protect such rights.We don't stop and thank you guys and ladies enough.If we thanked you every single day,it still wouldn't be often enough.

Old 11-28-2018, 07:46 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
A Chicago police officer says comments attributed to her in a department report about the fatal shooting of Laquan McDonald were lies.Officer Dora Fontaine testified Wednesday in the trial of Thomas Gaffney, David March and Joseph Walsh. Prosecutors allege the three concocted a version of the shooting to protect Officer Jason Van Dyke, who was convicted of second-degree murder earlier this year.

Key police officer witness takes the stand in Day 2 of Van Dyke cover-up trial

.Mr. Bradford’s mother, April Pipkins, said in an interview on Saturday that Mr. Bradford was living with her near Birmingham where he had been raised. Mr. Bradford, who was better known as E.J., would not have been involved in the shooting, and might have been trying to protect other people in the mall, she said.“That was not his character at all,” she said. “He loved life, and he loved people.”

He was licensed to carry a firearm, she said. Alabama generally does not prohibit people from carrying firearms in public

Black Man Killed by Officer in Alabama Mall Shooting Was Not the Gunman, Police Now Say

City officials in Alabama say they met with the family of a man killed by a police officer and apologized for inaccurately describing him as the gunman in a Thanksgiving night shooting at a crowded mall.The city of Hoover issued a statement Wednesday saying the mayor, police chief and a city council members met with the family of Emantic "EJ" Bradford, Jr. Bradford was killed by an officer responding to a report of a mall shooting.

The statement says city officials offered their condolences and "answered any questions that they could."The statement also says Police Chief Nick Derzis "apologized for an inaccurate public statement in the wake of this tragedy that implied that Mr. Bradford was the suspected shooter."

“I, AB, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

Still think taking a knee to shine a light on this dark corner of America is the worst thing you can think of? I'd prefer a lot more kneeling to this myself.

Old 11-29-2018, 01:01 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
A former police chief in Florida was sentenced on Tuesday to three years in prison for ordering officers to arrest black people for crimes they did not commit in order to give the impression that his department was solving crimes, court documents say.

The sentencing came just over a month after three officers who worked for Mr. Atesiano when he was the chief were sentenced to prison for their roles in the wrongful arrests.

“If they have burglaries that are open cases that are not solved yet, if you see anybody black walking through our streets and they have somewhat of a record, arrest them so we can pin them for all the burglaries,” one officer quoted in an internal investigation said.

Florida Police Chief Gets 3 Years for Plot to Frame Black People for Crimes

That's domestic terrorism!
noun: domestic terrorism
  1. the committing of terrorist acts in the perpetrator's own country against their fellow citizens.

3 years! Uh! He should be locked up for life.You don't get anymore low life scum than that vile filth.At the very least he should get whatever the total amount his victims would of received instead.

When you start with corruption though,I suppose it shouldn't be so surprising but it always is.

Upon suffering beyond suffering: The Red Nation shall rise again and it shall be a blessing for a sick world; a world filled with broken promises, selfishness and separations; a world longing for light again.

I see a time of Seven Generations when all the colors of mankind will gather under the Sacred Tree of Life and the whole Earth will become one circle again.

In that day, there will be those among the Lakota who will carry knowledge and understanding of unity among all living things and the young white ones will come to those of my people and ask for this wisdom.

I salute the light within your eyes where the whole Universe dwells. For when you are at that center within you and I am that place within me, we shall be one.

- Crazy Horse, Oglala Lakota Sioux (circa 1840-1877)

Looks like we need more brave ones taking a knee again.