2021+ Bronco Discussion for the upcoming 2021 Ford Bronco!

FTE Bronco render

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 05:20 PM
Johnny Mayday
FTE Town Crier
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FTE Bronco render

So the HP commissioned this Bronco render. What do you all think? Personally, I like it, but I don't think we're going to see anything this hardcore from the Blue Oval...

Old 01-31-2018, 07:11 PM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nothing about this looks hardcore to me. I'm not a fan of this at all.

Old 01-31-2018, 10:03 PM
YoGeorge
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Definitely has a personality, but the wheels need to be protected by the tires more. Off roaders use beefy and tall tires on smaller and narrow rims; these are design studio "modern" looking wheels. Good ground clearance and room for some rock rails under the rocker panels. Wheel openings could stand to be bigger.

The approach and departure angles look good. Unlikely it will be this short if it's based on the Everest, but I'd drive it. The diagonal creases in the body panels don't say "Ford" to me in any way.

Old 02-01-2018, 06:45 PM
Johnny Mayday
FTE Town Crier
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by YoGeorge
Definitely has a personality, but the wheels need to be protected by the tires more. Off roaders use beefy and tall tires on smaller and narrow rims; these are design studio "modern" looking wheels. Good ground clearance and room for some rock rails under the rocker panels. Wheel openings could stand to be bigger.

The approach and departure angles look good. Unlikely it will be this short if it's based on the Everest, but I'd drive it. The diagonal creases in the body panels don't say "Ford" to me in any way.
Yeah, there should probably be more sidewall, for sure. Would be cool to see it with a little more of a lift too.

Old 02-01-2018, 08:11 PM
YoGeorge
Logistics Pro
I dunno...looking at it again, there is a Ford grille, and the cutouts at the front of the sie windows like the F series, but not much else "Ford" going on. The diagonal lines in the Fender humps look more like Fiat/Jeep lines. It looks to "cutesy" and not "truckish" enough. I'd prefer the motif of the 2002 Explorer and the 2008 Escape (slab sides and an upright grille, with round wheel wells).

And absolutely less wheel and more tire are needed. This is a styling studio concept which puts rubber band tires on gigantic wide wheels that would be destroyed the first time they met a rock or a curb or a chuckhole. It looks modern but is stupid in the real world.

I'm not really a fan of the new Ranger/Everest styling either, but I am a potential Bronco customer if they get the performance/price/comfort compromises right.

George

Old 02-03-2018, 09:22 PM
CuNmUdF250
Posting Guru
That’s hideous.

Old 02-04-2018, 03:09 PM
SDDL-UP
Laughing Gas
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
I actually think it looks pretty good. Take the top off, add 3" of lift and some real off-road tires and I think it would be pretty sweet. Ford Performance could sell 2-$3,000 worth of accessories for every Bronco like that sold.

Old 02-05-2018, 12:04 AM
bbf385
More Turbo
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm ok with that. The wheel wells aren't large enough and it seems a bit too much unused space in the cowl area.
It is better than the everst though.
I also think it would look good in a 4 door. it is "truck" enough to pull it off.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:40 AM
VitaminC
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks like a very boring crossover concept with a Ford Grille. Hope they didn't pay too much for it.

The proportions are out of wack...front end is way to big and the door is too small.
Also, shouldn't it have 4 doors?
The "A" pillars are angled way to far back making it feel more like a car than a truck.
The front fenders are higher and more pronounced that the rear, which makes them hard to visually relate.
Also the weaken the belt-line of the truck by randomly disconnecting it and diving it down just behind the front door....why?

If you like that concept here is a better one for you.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:55 AM
YoGeorge
Logistics Pro
Agree with Vit C's asessment....the doors are a joke if getting into the back seat is any kind of priority. I remember having this photo downloaded from somewhere a while ago....this one looks like an F150 derived version and the original pic in this thread looks like a "cute toy" version of this tough one. Even similar diagonal creases coming off the fender bulges. With the smaller size of the new real Bronco, this big one ain't gonna be it, but the wheel wells and other design elements look way more "Ford"... And it looks like a truck.

Attached Images  
Old 02-06-2018, 11:30 PM
SDDL-UP
Laughing Gas
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Why the obsession over four doors? Especially since there HAS NEVER BEEN a four door Bronco? Not saying I'm against a four door OPTION, but let's get the two door Bronco right FIRST!

Yes, the proportions are out of whack, but it's just a conceptual rendering.

Old 02-07-2018, 07:44 AM
YoGeorge
Logistics Pro
In 2016, WORLDWIDE sales for the 2 door Jeep Wrangler were 50,000 compared to 200,000 for the 4 door. That's 20% and shrinking.

All other 2 door SUV's are pretty much extinct in the US.

Profits are higher per unit on the 4 door.

Ford is building the Bronco based on the Everest chassis which is inherently a 4 door, and Ford has repeatedly said it is trying to reduce the number of platforms it uses worldwide.

Spending extra engineering money on a 2 door which will sell very few and make less money than a 4 door per unit does not seem like a logical corporate move--especially up front. The 4 door would make far more sense to bring out first, and follow it with a 2 door if demand dictates, unless they did it on the same wheelbase (like the original Jeep Cherokee) which would be pointless in terms of function. The 2-door Explorer Sport died while the 4 door Explorer sold hundreds of thousands.

...how well did that 2-seat Tbird do in 2002-2005? People screamed for a 2 seat Tbird too...but those same people did not shell out the money to buy one. Offroad purists and owners of vintage Broncos are not gonna like the new Bronco regardless of door count because it's high tech, likely with the 2.3 Ecoboost, no solid axle in the front, etc.

Edit: If they did a Bronco like THIS, it really would make the original concept in this article look pretty wimpy. Give me the rounded Ford wheel wells. Nobody is counting doors here... Ford will build Ranger Raptor for Asian market

Attached Images  
Old 02-07-2018, 06:29 PM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

Man I could deal with the Bronco looking like that now!

Old 02-07-2018, 09:33 PM
VitaminC
Tuned
Agree with Vit C's asessment....the doors are a joke if getting into the back seat is any kind of priority. I remember having this photo downloaded from somewhere a while ago....this one looks like an F150 derived version and the original pic in this thread looks like a "cute toy" version of this tough one. Even similar diagonal creases coming off the fender bulges. With the smaller size of the new real Bronco, this big one ain't gonna be it, but the wheel wells and other design elements look way more "Ford"... And it looks like a truck.
That! Design finished. Think about the aftermarket support that would be available from day one if they based it on the F-Series. Huge potential

Old 02-07-2018, 10:07 PM
VitaminC
Tuned
In 2016, WORLDWIDE sales for the 2 door Jeep Wrangler were 50,000 compared to 200,000 for the 4 door. That's 20% and shrinking.

All other 2 door SUV's are pretty much extinct in the US.

Profits are higher per unit on the 4 door.

Ford is building the Bronco based on the Everest chassis which is inherently a 4 door, and Ford has repeatedly said it is trying to reduce the number of platforms it uses worldwide.

Spending extra engineering money on a 2 door which will sell very few and make less money than a 4 door per unit does not seem like a logical corporate move--especially up front. The 4 door would make far more sense to bring out first, and follow it with a 2 door if demand dictates, unless they did it on the same wheelbase (like the original Jeep Cherokee) which would be pointless in terms of function. The 2-door Explorer Sport died while the 4 door Explorer sold hundreds of thousands.

...how well did that 2-seat Tbird do in 2002-2005? People screamed for a 2 seat Tbird too...but those same people did not shell out the money to buy one. Offroad purists and owners of vintage Broncos are not gonna like the new Bronco regardless of door count because it's high tech, likely with the 2.3 Ecoboost, no solid axle in the front, etc.

Edit: If they did a Bronco like THIS, it really would make the original concept in this article look pretty wimpy. Give me the rounded Ford wheel wells. Nobody is counting doors here... Ford will build Ranger Raptor for Asian market
Totally agree. I get the nostalgia factor of 2 doors....but I don't understand why people are so set on that configuration.

I drove an 88 Bronco for years and loved it. But the two biggest pains were the rear gate/window and getting access the back seat. Putting coolers and gear back there just sucked...after a while you gave up and loaded everything in from the back including people.

It would be interesting to see a "Quad Cab" configuration with mini rear suicide doors.

Quick Reply: FTE Bronco render