2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Got my build price w/discounts today, but should I use xplan.

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2018, 09:06 AM
dpayne75712
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my build price w/discounts today, but should I use xplan.

I just received my 18 build price on a F250 Lariat, MSRP including destination is $63,750. Dealership told me my price would be $ $57,619.00 excluding taxes and a whopping $699.00 processing fee! This is basically 10% off, but I hate paying such a high processing fee and I do not even know what the invoice is on this model. Does this sound like a good deal or close to Xplan pricing? Maybe I should join the EAA and wait 60 days to save on the processing fee. Can someone give me some guidance here as this is my first F250 build. Thanks!

Old 01-26-2018, 10:46 AM
InkMing
Senior User
Go to NadaGuides.com and build it out there. You will see what invoice should be. Also MSRP. See if your MSRP from their matches up with what the dealer quoted you as MSRP. Report back.

Old 01-26-2018, 10:54 AM
Towerhog
Senior User
First off, go to NADA.com. There you can build your vehicle and have MSRP and Invoice prices. Then you can determine if what you are getting is a good deal. Don't know anything of the Xplan. But if you wait 60 days to order, you'll be s@*t out of luck for ordering an 18 model. The order bank closes on 3/2. The 699 is a bit high. My dealer charges 499. If you're a savvy person, you can always try to negotiate a lower conveyance (processing) fee. If not, go talk to another dealer and see what they offer. But you will pay a conveyance fee. Heres a definition that sums it up. THE "DEALER CONVEYANCE FEE" OR "DEALER PROCESSING FEE" MEANS A FEE CHARGED BY A DEALER TO RECOVER REASONABLE COSTS FOR PROCESSING ALL DOCUMENTATION AND PERFORMING SERVICES RELATED TO THE CLOSING OF A SALE INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE REGISTRATION AND TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP OF THE MOTOR VEHICLE WHICH IS THE SUBJECT.

Good luck.

Old 01-26-2018, 06:25 PM
Larrymac52
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Towerhog
First off, go to NADA.com. There you can build your vehicle and have MSRP and Invoice prices. Then you can determine if what you are getting is a good deal. Don't know anything of the Xplan. But if you wait 60 days to order, you'll be s@*t out of luck for ordering an 18 model. The order bank closes on 3/2. The 699 is a bit high. My dealer charges 499. If you're a savvy person, you can always try to negotiate a lower conveyance (processing) fee. If not, go talk to another dealer and see what they offer. But you will pay a conveyance fee. Heres a definition that sums it up. THE "DEALER CONVEYANCE FEE" OR "DEALER PROCESSING FEE" MEANS A FEE CHARGED BY A DEALER TO RECOVER REASONABLE COSTS FOR PROCESSING ALL DOCUMENTATION AND PERFORMING SERVICES RELATED TO THE CLOSING OF A SALE INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE REGISTRATION AND TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP OF THE MOTOR VEHICLE WHICH IS THE SUBJECT.

Good luck.
in December, I got 7 quotes. Some were x plan pricing, some were retail pricing.
Eventually my best price was a retail price.But you seriously have to ultimately get the OTD price of the x plan and retail, because I didn’t really know for sure until I did that. It was difficult to tell until I got the OTD price. I had 2 quotes from out of state, but most of the in state pricing were within $200-300 of each other. It was a little disappointing there wasn’t a couple grand slam prices, but the market at that time was obviously set because Ford had the best truck and they all knew it.

Old 01-26-2018, 06:55 PM
ncl
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If you have a myplan login to ford you can build your truck and it will give you the xplan price right there. I created one when I got a xplan number from a friend that works for Ford. Now I can login and build vehicles and get xplan pricing. Pretty slick. So if you give me your build I could tell you what it is. Or you can do this.

invoice - (.4% x invoice) + 275 admin fee

Also xplan limits doc fees to 100 dollars. This should get you close. Just add taxes and title.

Old 01-26-2018, 07:49 PM
dpayne7571
Senior User
Originally Posted by ncl
If you have a myplan login to ford you can build your truck and it will give you the xplan price right there. I created one when I got a xplan number from a friend that works for Ford. Now I can login and build vehicles and get xplan pricing. Pretty slick. So if you give me your build I could tell you what it is. Or you can do this.

Also xplan limits doc fees to 100 dollars. This should get you close. Just add taxes and title.
My MSRP build price is $63,750 including freight and I got a price of $56,138 including freight. Doc fee is $699 plus taxes. I feel like I got a great deal!
Just have to wait 10 weeks now.

Old 01-26-2018, 08:58 PM
jsavelli
Senior User
W rebates and disc....a good deal is 13-15% off msrp

Old 01-26-2018, 09:51 PM
J Standard
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ncl

X-plan means $100 doc fee max, A-plan $75 doc fee max.

Old 01-27-2018, 06:59 AM
Blwnsmoke
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
No way in hell I'd ever pay $699 or even $499 for doc fees. It won't even take them an hour to hit "print" on their computer. $699 an hour.. ya sign me up for that job.

anything over $299 and I would not buy from that dealer.

Old 01-27-2018, 08:11 AM
12Farmer
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ncl

So I've generated my X-Plan PIN, but what do I use now for the MyPlan login username so I can create my account?

Old 01-27-2018, 08:36 AM
Painted Horse
Logistics Pro
Received 2,617 Likes on 740 Posts
Over the years, I have bought several vehicles using the Xplan, But recently I can usually save more just getting the dealer to negotiate.

And if the dealer insist on $699 for a processing fee. Just walk.
They say it's a non negotiable fee. but when they see you leaving, it all of sudden has some room to flex.

Old 02-10-2018, 11:36 PM
eightOsix
Junior User
I'm no pro at buying vehicles, but my understanding is that the base cost to dealer is invoice minus hold back. Hold back is 3% of MSRP (not including freight). So if you do this simple math, you have the dealer cost.
Take the dealer cost and subtract the advertised rebates ($1000 currently).
Anything over this, whether they call it doc fee or ADP or handling or whatever, goes to dealer profit.
Personally, I don't mind if the dealer makes some money in return for some customer service. Question is - how much is fair.

Old 02-11-2018, 08:05 AM
Robert6401
Cargo Master

This is really good info. I'm building an F450 for order and getting guidance on good pricing has been a challenge. Here is what NADA gave me for Invoice and MSRP:

Edited to Add: based on the guidance here, 15% off MSRP is $67,175. Using the "hold back" equation above, the dealer cost is $72,091. So realistically what kind of price should I expect?

Old 02-11-2018, 12:20 PM
eightOsix
Junior User
I'm looking for more comments, too. So I'll bite.
Current rebate is $1000. There are others that could also apply (first responder, etc.). $71,091 would be a low, low price using this model. That's about 10% off MSRP.
Unless there are additional rebates or incentives I don't see how you could get to 15% off.

Old 02-11-2018, 12:40 PM
homerj
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They don’t let you combine those small rebates aqha, collage,first responder etc. you can only use one.

Quick Reply: Got my build price w/discounts today, but should I use xplan.