2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Water Separator Drain Valve Broken.

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 08:59 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,772 Likes on 2,764 Posts
Originally Posted by grege
I'm hoping I can find at least one this week.If not any kind members care to send me their spare? I'd definitely replace it when I got mine and also repay for shipping.
Where are you located?

Old 06-17-2018, 01:31 PM
oklarado
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm hoping I can find at least one this week.If not any kind members care to send me their spare? I'd definitely replace it when I got mine and also repay for shipping.

Greg
Where are you at? I'll send my extra out tomorrow morning if the dealer can't get you one overnighted.

Old 06-17-2018, 04:07 PM
grege
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the offer everybody. I'm in Louisville KY. I'll see what I can find out from the dealer. I rented a car and came home so I have until Friday to get a replacement.

Greg

Old 06-17-2018, 04:39 PM
cficare
Cargo Master
Received 330 Likes on 195 Posts
Louisville, KY? Heck! Go by the Super Duty plant, explain your situation and see if they'll give you one.

Old 06-17-2018, 05:02 PM
grege
Tuned
Originally Posted by cficare
Louisville, KY? Heck! Go by the Super Duty plant, explain your situation and see if they'll give you one.
LOL. And I'm like 5 minutes from the plant.

Old 06-17-2018, 07:05 PM
K-tung
Cross-Country
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL. And I'm like 5 minutes from the plant.
Yeah man, I’d stop by the plant if I was that close and give it a try. I also have a few spares and could express/overnight one to you. Just let me know. Hope you get it fixed quickly.

Old 06-17-2018, 07:39 PM
travlingman
Mountain Pass
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
According to Fordpartsgiant.com, this part has been discontinued and no longer available. Fordpartsgiant

Ford Part No.: HC3Z-9J305-A

Plug Assembly - PumpPart DescriptionPlug Assy - PumpManufacturerFord. This genuine Ford part is guaranteed by Ford's factory warranty.Manufacturer's NotesThis part is discontinued. It is no longer available for purchase.

Old 06-17-2018, 08:01 PM
cficare
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by travlingman
According to Fordpartsgiant.com, this part has been discontinued and no longer available. Fordpartsgiant
Well, it seems Ford is well aware of the problem, but that begs the question if whether or not the rectangular fuel filter housing cap will be redesigned, too?

Old 06-17-2018, 09:16 PM
Flyct
Cargo Master
Received 584 Likes on 385 Posts
I did but hoping my dealer or another might still have one. I'm stuck at our lake house so might see if I can get a rental tomorrow.

I think from here on I will let my dealer check it. I didn't even turn it that hard.
Looks like Ford really did discontinue this part very recently. I ordered and received 2 of them on 5/31.

They may now have an alternate solution such as redesigned filter housing. Your dealer should be able to tell you.

At this point it’s a warranty issue where ford would be required to tow your truck to a dealer and fix it.

I bought 2 spares. If no one is closer willing to part with one I’m willing to send you one to help a fellow Ford owner out. I sent you a PM.

Old 06-18-2018, 07:29 AM
grege
Tuned
I emailed my dealer yesterday so they would see it first thing this morning. They checked and they didn't have any. Said they were on BO until 6/22 and put in an order for 2. I called another local dealer and he didn't have them either but he did look in the system to see if any dealers had them. Closest was up near Cincy. I called them and they had 4 so I asked for them to ship me 2. Said he doesn't normally ship to individuals but took my info and said he would ship UPS Ground. That close I should have them tomorrow. If not I may hit up one of the kind members that have offered to lend me their spare.

I'll probably go ahead and take the 2 my dealer is ordering hoping they are a new design. It definitely needs to be a metal part so little plastic tabs don't break off.

Greg

Old 06-19-2018, 05:22 PM
grege
Tuned
Got my replacement parts today so I should be able to get my truck back running this weekend when we are back at the lake. At least I'm hoping I don't break 2 more of them. Thanks for all of the offers to let me use your spares. What a great group this is!!!

Greg

Old 06-19-2018, 05:35 PM
cficare
Cargo Master
Got my replacement parts today so I should be able to get my truck back running this weekend when we are back at the lake.
Glad to hear that.

Old 06-25-2018, 11:04 AM
CaptJaC
Junior User
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by travlingman

Ford Part No.: HC3Z-9J305-A

Plug Assembly - PumpPart DescriptionPlug Assy - PumpManufacturerFord. This genuine Ford part is guaranteed by Ford's factory warranty.Manufacturer's NotesThis part is discontinued. It is no longer available for purchase.
If you're still in the market, I ordered TWO from Showalter Ford Parts in UT on Thurs and they shipped next day from FORD Memphis High Volume Center Memphis TN. Delivered to me in GA on Sat.

Old 06-26-2018, 01:21 PM
davidpacificnw
Laughing Gas
Received 150 Likes on 86 Posts
i just ordered one today. Will be here Thursday. So, my dealer is telling me they are still available.

Old 06-26-2018, 03:52 PM
cficare
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by davidpacificnw
i just ordered one today. Will be here Thursday. So, my dealer is telling me they are still available.
Well, darnitall! I was hoping Ford was redesigning them.

Quick Reply: Water Separator Drain Valve Broken.