Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welp ups messed up sooooo now I won’t get my chip tell the 26th
😫

Old 12-22-2017, 07:37 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
They have been messing up quite a bit this holiday season it seems.

Old 12-22-2017, 09:45 AM
DZL JIM
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 183 Likes on 83 Posts
Originally Posted by Dutter 2
But how is it so hard to tune a truck if you already know what mods the person has ? Only because I don’t see how one 7.3 can run that much different than another beings that these 7.3s are like dinosaurs they don’t have maf or o2 sensors or variable cam timing, very basic motors And if a 7.3 was different enough from one to another you’d think it’d show up as a drivableity issues with a difference in pressures like hpop fuel and compression. So how can tuning vary that much ? And my truck ran fine with ts tune
Every truck is different. Period. My thoughts:
Every cylinder of each motor wears differently changing compression in each cylinder, of each truck, changing SOI, etc. Even just a little, makes a difference between trucks.
Each HPOP in each truck wears just a little differently, changing when and how the high pressure oil is distributed.
Each injector in each truck wears just a little differently changing how they push fuel, atomize, etc.
Each valve in each truck wears differently changing available air to burn for a given firing event (try shimming a set of Comp 910's and you'll see.)
And on, and on, and on...
Stock tuning does a great job with all stock components. But when you double the trucks designed hp with just an entry level upgrade like Stage-1's, the increase in fueling makes dialing everything in even harder. Throw in larger nozzles and, well, there ya go.
I've discussed before, I once took a TS chip with Stage-1 tunes on it and put it in 3 different OBS 5 speed trucks, all with stock everything but Stage-1's, and all 3 trucks ran differently.
How exactly?
Got me, but they did. That settled my internal argument right there and made me learn to find patience when dealing with the very small selection of tuning pros we have access to.

'17 6.7 F-250 KR ccsb 4x4
Old 12-22-2017, 02:13 PM
Hit Man X
Lead Driver
Received 1,172 Likes on 953 Posts
Thumbs up

GH will do you right. They tuned my old 6.4 and now this 7.3, I was and am pleased with results for both rigs. If I ever do the 238/100s I want, luckily they are in Texas about three hours from me so I can go for a live tune.

Old 12-26-2017, 10:43 PM
Dutter 2
Elder User
Ok so I finally got my tune back and installed. And the truck runs perfectly now gearhead said mat was tuning it personally. I didn’t get much of a chance to test drive it in different conditions but the power and shifting is much better. Now as power goes compared to the ts tunes I didn’t feel much more power. But then again I went like a month of no ts tune in my truck so it’s hard to compare. But I can compare my egts. Coming home there’s a big long hill that I’ll floor it up and see how high my egts get. Now this is on a mostly stock truck so I wasn’t expecting a big difference in power but I was hoping for some but mainly lower egts while still having power. If I take my horses out this weekend that’ll be a good test of egts pull the big hill home.

Old 01-02-2018, 09:56 PM
Dutter 2
Elder User
Ok so I was able to do some heavy pulling with the new tune and the most I got my egts up to was 1275 and this was at 2500 rpm at wipe open throttle pulling up a steep hill with 7000 pounds of horse and trailer pushing 35 inch tires. Before I was hitting 1350 and had to back off the throttle. Where now I can keep my foot in it pull the hill. So I’m very happy with my egts. As far as power goes it feels about the same on the low end but once you get to about 2750 rpms is where I can feel a big power difference. Now the shifting I have not been to happy with tho. It’s very harsh under normal aggressive driving. So the shifting is good for all out and towing but I do wish they had more of a daily driving mode on the tune. So there’s my real review after lots of high jacking on my thread lol

Old 01-03-2018, 12:08 PM
nossliw
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
IMO everyone has their own opinion positive and negatives with any tuner.

I will throw up a positive for GH as well as those guys were THE ONLY ONES out of 4 different tuners that woulld listen and tune larger injectors properly to be used with heavy towing at high altitude. I found their tuning to be extremely clean as well. Low EGTs across the board. I won't mention others, but there were tunes from multiplecompanies that could spike a gauge at 1600 in a matter of seconds... what is the point of that.

On the negative side it always seemed we had to send a chip back one or two times as they didn't tunes per the comment box, they always custom tuned for the injectors but would send a chip with their 5 basic tunes... stock, hi rev, quiet, 40, 80, 120. I would get extremely frustrated when the customer requested tunes were not on the chip and the standard sequence was. We used to try to deal directly in house, and since have let that go and had the customer deal with them directly as I think i lost it a couple times on the phone with with a fellow named Garrett. Especially once it happened the second or third time on the same chip...

All in all I have found them to best around in my book. Like mentioned every truck is different, and we have a limited vendor list. So find someone you approve of and stick with them.

Old 01-03-2018, 01:54 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
I agree! Having my hydra now is almost a waste of time because GH's tune is the only one I use. Great for running around lite, great for all out pulling with good shift points. I can still get the EGT's over 1250° but that's why I added water injection. First time in 13 years have I been happy with a tuner.

Old 01-03-2018, 08:40 PM
z31freakify
Hotshot
Received 1,188 Likes on 816 Posts
Elevation and powertrain health determines how well the "custom tunes" will work. Theres nothing like live tuning bar none. As far as my "custom" tunes Ive been really happy with the Wildman tunes, but have also not tried using other tuners, but judging by my EGT, tranny shift, and power, i believe that the Wildman tunes are spot on what they should be.

Old 01-03-2018, 10:15 PM
Dutter 2
Elder User
I think if I just soften up my 3rd gear I’d be much happier. Maybe I’ll juat change my 3rd gear accumulator spring to a stiffer one to ease up the shift 🤔

Old 01-07-2018, 08:40 AM
MeTo
Tuned
Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts
I didn't read every word; but DynoProven is no more. Jonathan's business has been seized. This is old news.

The last time I tried to contact Matt (GH), I was told he doesn't work there "DURING THE WEEK" anymore. The voice then said he could help by recommending to just go to the website an order the tunes. He did not want to take a little time to discuss what my actual needs are. I ordered 3 1023 tunes.

Old 01-07-2018, 09:23 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by MeTo
I didn't read every word; but DynoProven is no more. Jonathan's business has been seized. This is old news.

The last time I tried to contact Matt (GH), I was told he doesn't work there "DURING THE WEEK" anymore. The voice then said he could help by recommending to just go to the website an order the tunes. He did not want to take a little time to discuss what my actual needs are. I ordered 3 1023 tunes.
Seized?!! For what? Yeah, idiot at GH told me the same thing until I made the issue public on here. Matt contacted me and fixed the problem after that.

Old 01-07-2018, 11:22 AM
Dutter 2
Elder User
Squeaky wheel gets the grease lol

Old 01-07-2018, 12:02 PM
MeTo
Tuned
Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts
There is a thread concerning it on the army. Go to dynoproven.com and see the notice. The police are looking for him on drug chargers and business related issues. One guy on the army lost 20 + k. His parts, engine and money are gone. He sent his father and somehow (don't remember) found his stripped truck at Jonathan's grandfathers house.

Old 01-07-2018, 12:19 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by MeTo
There is a thread concerning it on the army. Go to dynoproven.com and see the notice. The police are looking for him on drug chargers and business related issues. One guy on the army lost 20 + k. His parts, engine and money are gone. He sent his father and somehow (don't remember) found his stripped truck at Jonathan's grandfathers house.
Whoa!!! This is crazy. I had no idea. What a bummer.

Quick Reply: Gearhead tunes on 7.3. Not so great experience