6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

6.7 speed limiter

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 09:52 AM
jimmystoys
More Turbo
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Hey Maxtor enjoying your thread and your enthusiastic projects. I run the Spartan tuner. No limits. You would be satisfied with it. Also has the power when needed. I run it because I can. I have a large lift, because I can. I've run well over 100mph with it because I can. I have done things to my truck because I can. Lots of R&D!...because I can...
Jim

Old 12-21-2017, 02:59 PM
Braggs
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So I've discovered why Maxtor has a problem with traffic. I recently took a trip through Dallas, Houston, and down to Galveston and discovered the drivers down there are maniacs. I guess it's a Texas thing but only 10% of people go anywhere close to the speed limit... it's like the speed limit is a suggestion and everyone drives whatever they want. As an example, I was on the I45 from Houston to Galveston, the speed limit was down to 55 at one point, I was going 90mph and was being passed like I was standing still. Driving around in Houston was no different. The speed limit was usually 60mph on the 610 and people in the fast lane were going over 90. Seriously, they are maniacs down there.

Old 12-21-2017, 04:17 PM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,631 Likes on 1,644 Posts
Originally Posted by Braggs
So I've discovered why Maxtor has a problem with traffic. I recently took a trip through Dallas, Houston, and down to Galveston and discovered the drivers down there are maniacs. I guess it's a Texas thing but only 10% of people go anywhere close to the speed limit... it's like the speed limit is a suggestion and everyone drives whatever they want. As an example, I was on the I45 from Houston to Galveston, the speed limit was down to 55 at one point, I was going 90mph and was being passed like I was standing still. Driving around in Houston was no different. The speed limit was usually 60mph on the 610 and people in the fast lane were going over 90. Seriously, they are maniacs down there.
And Vegas also!!

Old 12-21-2017, 05:35 PM
maxtor
Posting Guru

Yes guys, once my warranty is up, the limiter will be removed.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:52 PM
'65Ford
Cargo Master
Received 253 Likes on 183 Posts
Only seven states that I have not driven in yet. I've even driven the Dallas/Fort Worth and Houston areas. Doesn't seem to matter if it's city streets, scenic drives, wide open middle of nowhere, etc; in all places it's the same mix of drivers...a few crazy nuts flying and weaving along with a few doing about 5mph under the limit in whatever lane they please. Vast majority hovers around 10 mph over the limit on all types of streets.

Old 12-22-2017, 09:41 AM
camminich
Senior User
Not trashing on TX, but I gotta agree they drive very fast there. Usually not too crazy, but certainly fast, and almost always their cars are out of single fluid since I hardly ever see one with a lane change.

Speed is definitely regional. Most people that move into WA struggle with that fact you can easily get a ticket for just 2 over the limit, and many long-time residents here think driving 5 under in the fast lane is "fast enough."

Old 12-22-2017, 10:43 AM
2009kr
Posting Guru
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I raised my speed limiter on my 2009 F150 using the CTS/Gryphon tuner. In 8 years and 145K miles, I've never had the truck over 90 MPH, and probably not even close to that. I just want the option if needed.

I would like to know how to raise the speed limiter on my 2017 F450. 87 MPH is quite conservative. I know that the tires are rated for only 87 MPH, but that means on a hot day, at max load (>22K#), they can sustain those speeds. If I need to exceed 87 under light load (< 1/2 of the rating), I'd like the option. I don't think you can do this with ForScan, but someone knows otherwise, please share.

p.s. For the critics out there (and I understand where you're coming from), I have had just a single ticket for 11 MPH over the limit in over 32 years of driving, and that was a long time ago. Not everyone who wants the freedom to use their vehicles how they choose are irresponsible.

Old 12-22-2017, 11:21 AM
maxtor
Posting Guru

There is a lot of crime in Southern California. Wouldn't it be bad if a car of thugs was chasing your wife on the freeway, and her truck stops at 97 mph and the thugs could go 100mph. Another reason to remove the limiter. Or don't let her drive alone in southern California.

Old 12-22-2017, 01:11 PM
'65Ford
Cargo Master
Received 253 Likes on 183 Posts
Originally Posted by maxtor
There is a lot of crime in Southern California. Wouldn't it be bad if a car of thugs was chasing your wife on the freeway, and her truck stops at 97 mph and the thugs could go 100mph. Another reason to remove the limiter. Or don't let her drive alone in southern California.
If you're implying that sometimes things favor the bad guy, then yep, sometimes it sure does.

Old 12-22-2017, 02:43 PM
Chuck-B
6.7 Weight Loss
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My 2013 definitely stops in the high 80s / 90ish, was wondering if anyone knew if ForScan would be able to either raise it or eliminate it?

Old 12-29-2017, 03:21 PM
Braggs
Senior User
Originally Posted by camminich
Not trashing on TX, but I gotta agree they drive very fast there. Usually not too crazy, but certainly fast, and almost always their cars are out of single fluid since I hardly ever see one with a lane change.

Speed is definitely regional. Most people that move into WA struggle with that fact you can easily get a ticket for just 2 over the limit, and many long-time residents here think driving 5 under in the fast lane is "fast enough."

Old 12-29-2017, 03:26 PM
F250_Super_4X4
Tuned
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Bahahahaha, that's a knee slapper

Old 12-29-2017, 03:26 PM
MG250
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by maxtor
By that reasoning we should all have 200+MPH capabilities in case someone in a Bugatti Veyron is chasing me.

Old 12-29-2017, 04:17 PM
jav_eee
Laughing Gas
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by MG250
By that reasoning we should all have 200+MPH capabilities in case someone in a Bugatti Veyron is chasing me.
Nah, we've got bullets for that here in Texas....

Old 03-23-2021, 11:07 PM
D Gibz
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You need the speed to keep away from the dummies

Originally Posted by '65Ford
If you have to do 90+mph to get around someone then you should not be passing. Mark Kovalsky has an excellent point...your truck was never designed for it. Further more, public roads are not designed for it. And most people don't want to be included in your poor decision.

Run, skip, hop along a cliff all day if you want, but go over once and you don't come back. Nobody else wants to go over with you.
People Do not pay attention anymore and common sense is a thing of the past for most.
I spend a great deal of time traveling all over the U.S, and get to see all kinds of different driving habits all over the place.
But you can bet your dinner that you will Always have that driver setting in the fn Passing Lane either texting or watching a movie,, seriously.
I totally agree with the last guy, I like to stay way in front of irresponsible drivers Not paying attention or Remembering what the Passing lane is for.
If you want less aggressive drivers on the road then get over if you’re not passing and please pull over if you want to watch a movie.
I do drive defensively but only because I have to, speed is definitely a must at times.

Quick Reply: 6.7 speed limiter